Pussy whipped?

Lusty

[color:"red"] For example, have you ever been at a party and seen a guys wife finish sentences for him, or constantly correct him if she soesn't agree with him. Or a guy who wants to make a big ticket purchase and his wife won't let him do it. Classical example of being immasculated in front of your male peers. Pathetic.

[/color]

Hubby and I do talk about big purchases, what is wrong with that?

As for a wife finishing sentences for him, that depends, some men do appreciate that, I don't do it (most of the times) but I do appreciate Hubby finishing mine at times, what is a partnership for? :)

Jasmine

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

ok a little OTT (Alpha males-football widows!)

Me and my mate just got back from a football match near Linz, (FC SuperfundvSV Mattersburg), the woman fed us up before the match with that pork and egg in brown liquid dish and some curry and waved us goodbye and we came back from the match with cold beers awaiting us ::

"Hubby and I do talk about big purchases, what is wrong with that?"

What's wrong with that is if the women says no. For example, when I was living in the US with my ex, I wanted to buy a Harley. I had plenty of money to buy it (and I made 100% of the income) and the purchase wouldn't effect our budget in any way. So, without discussing it with my wife, I walked into the dealer and bought the one I liked. I rode it home and that was that.

After I bought the bike, over the next few months, I would be talking to guys at parties. The guy would say, "man I would love to buy a bike but my wife wont let me". Or, another guy would be standing next to his wife, and when he said he loved my bike, his wife would say, "dont even think about it"

Pussy whipped? Indeed.

"As for a wife finishing sentences for him, that depends, some men do appreciate that, I don't do it (most of the times) but I do appreciate Hubby finishing mine at times, what is a partnership for? :)"

I'm not speaking about finishing sentences becuase you may be at a loss for a particular word or thought. I'm talking about a women monopolizing a convresation that her husband is engaged in. I've seen men do it to their wives and I think it's equally distastful.

for me, that's a bad example of pussy whipped. For most people it means that they have an equal partnership and equal access to discretionary money. Or would you accept your wife buying a Harley without your permission?

Pussy whipped for me is having a wife at home who calls you at the office to do some shopping in your lunch hour and you fucking obey. :banghead:

Pussy whipped is going home on friday night instead of the bar with your colleagues because you promised to clean the bathroom. ::

Pussy whipped is accepting behaviour from your wife that is without respect for you. I have seen it happen many times and it makes me cringe.

Pussy whipped is accepting behaviour from your wife that is without respect for you. I have seen it happen many times and it makes me cringe.

Finally !

It took 43 postings here to read what a relation is all about : respect.

Or even better : mutual respect.

Thats the bottomline in this thread and in the hitting thread : respect.

BB

Spot on!

But doing some shopping after work (not during lunch hour for Christ's sake :) ) is perfectly acceptable IMO if it's on the way home. And she's enjoying her only day off of the week etc.

Prohibiting me from going out with the guys on a Friday however (or any day) and giving a lame excuse such as the dirty bathroom is a sign of trying to dictate the 'family business' :down:

doing some shopping after work (not during lunch hour for Christ's sake ) is perfectly acceptable IMO if it's on the way home. And she's enjoying her only day off of the week etc.

Yep, but not when she is a housewife with her own car and too lazy to get out the house herself. ::

[color:"red"]After I bought the bike, over the next few months, I would be talking to guys at parties. The guy would say, "man I would love to buy a bike but my wife wont let me". Or, another guy would be standing next to his wife, and when he said he loved my bike, his wife would say, "dont even think about it"

[/color]

So if the man makes the 100% income, he has the right to do whatever? I disagree. A partnership is complementing and supplementing each other. Just becuase one makes money does not mean one know how to manage it or even though one thinks he can, the money managing affects the future. :(

Hubby and I just bought 2 motorcycle and a new Mercedes (the 2nd one) which are considerred big items. All I can tell you is that all the purchases are agreed by both parties, no matter where the money is from. Managing finance affect the future of both parties, or ones should not have a partner, IMO.

[color:"red"]I'm talking about a women monopolizing a convresation that her husband is engaged in. I've seen men do it to their wives and I think it's equally distastful. [/color]

Actually I have to be aware of this manner becuase I speak faster than Hubby, sometimes I became rude without the intent. This is a good one for women to be aware of.

Jasmine

Jasmine,

Regarding the Harley purchased by our distinguished board member, what if his wife just told him no, she didn't want him to have it? assuming they can afford it, she just plain says no anyway...maybe she plays the "no sex card" whatever...denial for the sake of denial is not a healthy relationship either...

Guest lazyphil

Respect for each other and each others familys, must not forget both familys, it would hurt me greatly if my Mrs had no respect for my family, falang family is as important to me as the Thai family despite what some say here.

Archived