84 Dead in Pattani: "This is typical"

MaiLuk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thai3 said:

You sound like a kid in a schoolyard egging on the bigger boys to do what you wish you could. The Daily mail is a fine publication, I expect you read the daily sport?, don't tell me it's the Gaurdian.-peter

:grinyes:Yes!!!!! rotflmao. I finally got an admission. Mind you, with the clues about your obsession with moral outrages, hatred of immigrants and string 'em up (even "nail'em up"!) blitherings, it was hardly a shot in the dark, was it?::

Surely by following due process the german govt of the early 30's allowed the rise of hitler, almost inviting him to grab power by being too soft. If Hindenberg had arrested him and had him dumped in the river instead of making him vice chancellor untold millions of lives would have been saved. Was it worth it all just so the due process of the law was upheld? quite a price to pay I think. Bloody hell is that the time-peter

bibblies said:
thai3 said:

You sound like a kid in a schoolyard egging on the bigger boys to do what you wish you could. The Daily mail is a fine publication, I expect you read the daily sport?, don't tell me it's the Gaurdian.-peter

:grinyes:Yes!!!!! rotflmao. I finally got an admission. Mind you, with the clues about your obsession with moral outrages, hatred of immigrants and string 'em up (even "nail'em up"!) blitherings, it was hardly a shot in the dark, was it?::

i just had a look in google about the daily mail, it truly appears to be a very fine publication with headlines such as these: 'Are human hobbits alive on Earth?' ::

If this isn't off target and off thread - what is? Get back in line!!! This post is not directed at you Phil, more at Thai3.

Let me refer something from might be useful, its from when the south was won from communist insurgents, interview and straight write off from a book by James Eckhardt:

In 1989, as deputy commander of the fourth army, then Major-General Kitti talked the 2,000 strong CPM out of the jungle. A year later, he accepted the surrender of the last 251 insurgents of the CPT. Only a decade ealier, the CPT had fielded over 3,000 armed guerrillas in a borad swathe of South Thailand. So what went right?

"The experience of the Thai army in fighting the communist proved that if you treat them like enemies, you'd never win" Lietenant-General Kitti says. " With guerilla troups, the situation is like a piece of wood floating in the sea: it just rises and falls with the tide. The army made mistake with search-and-destroy missions. After a long study, they changed their strategy. Negotiation is the best way."

The military guy mentioned also wrote a book about this, "Taming the Southern fire".

I suggest that the current Thai leaders learn from history.

The prime minister at that time, Prem (who came from Songkhla) also took a special interest in the South. He replaced corrupt officials with hand picked people - maybe Thailand don't have any good leaders left at the top now ?? And its gone the other way???

I have utmost respect for Prem, he came into the seat when Thailand had a lot of problems, left it much more healthy.

Now what will killing muslims in confrontations solve, instead of dealing with the real issues? Tell me???

Why cant that Thais in Southern Thailand just live peacefully! Its as simple as that.

Taksin is tough, but its up to them, kill and bomb and you will suffer. Live peacefully like the people do in Chaing Mai and you will prosper..

Its very simple, we on this board live peacefully, we work, eat, sleep, boom boom. If we break the laws of the land we suffer as so we should.

The disruptive people in the south brought this on themselves. Its gangsterism and fundamentalism.

If they could be a little less precious about their religion everyone could get on.

Stop giving Taksin and as the Thai King is commander in chief of the army, a hard time and support the country many of you love.

STH

They dont want that though, they love it.

Don't you dare to put Thaksin and the Thai king into same sentence like that.

There is NO politician in Thailand who can be put into that context. This shows how ignorant you are, go and wash your mouth STH. Don't you dare this again. To add, there is few occasions where the Thai king will ever interfere with politics. Last was in 1992 - and that was to bring the 2 opposing parties together to talk.

:cussing: :cussing: :onfire: :banghead:

So in other words, if YOU get knocked down by an army officer or police (that should be the same) its the queen who you will blame?? Your stance would leave no way to oppose any government in monarchies. Its a middle age stance, left far far away for centuries ago. Are you real?

Its a huge surprise to see these views from you, you should know better as you come from the UK STH.

Follow that view, and a vote vs. Tony Blair is a vote vs. the Queen :D

Archived