84 Dead in Pattani: "This is typical"

MaiLuk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyonzewall said:

this is another highlight in the atrocious human rights record of this government, after last year's murdered in the drugwar, now this outrage.

If it's that bad why live there at all, who wants to live in a country with an 'atrocious human rights record'? I would be far more worried about the terrorists targeting Bangkok than drug dealers and users being slotted-peter

The drugs war was not a perfect solution but I would say the lesser of two evils. Sure some innocent people were done in but there are people walking around today that Yabba would have killed in one way or another, then there are all the crimes and family breakups that drug addiction cause. If anyone has any great solutiuons that are harmless to the 'innocent' why not send them to Khun Taksin, don't forget to tell him how to solve the southern problem as well.-peter

i am sorry to say that, but your posts concerning the drug war are one incredible uninformed pile of shite.

first of all, ya ba does not kill anyone.

and the question in the drugwar is even not the one about "innocence", but of due process, if that means anything to you. thai law does not provide under any circumstances for the formation of deathsquads who go and massaker people who were put on hastily established blacklists, often written up by people with no legal training whatsoever under thread of losing office.

and there comes the term "innocence". a modern country has a clear separation of legislative, judicative and executive. this has been completely circumvented during the drugwar. whatever one's opinion on drugs - but due process means that there is a set of laws, there is an executive - in this case the police - who has to collect evidence and then arrest a suspect based on that. this suspect then is put in front of the court, the judicative, which after deliberating the evidence comes to a proper sentence according to existing laws. point.

this is the base of a democracy, something you always appear to favour over your hated islamic systhem.

does it just appear to be completely unlogic to only me, that *you* are always there to demonise the "barbarism" of islam, but are the first one who applauds when barbaric methods are used against people or members of religions *you* do not approve of?

also, i have seen *you* being the first one to point out the superiority of hinduism (where some of it's base scriptures - the vedas very openly advocate and describe the barbaric slaughter of the advasis, or outcasts) and buddhism, whose main emphasis is wisdom and compassion.

where the fuck is your compassion when several thousand people were slaughtered by deathsquads last year, when 78 human beings died under barbaric conditions, reminding me of methods used in nazi concentration camps, of suffocation in police custody. just because they have had the audacy to use their constitutional right as thai citicens to demonstrate for the release of six suspects, who were tortured barbarically under interogation, whose lawyer was proven to be kidnapped by high ranked police officers and most definately killed.

Quick reply.

A few more links for the interested:

Patani United Liberation Organization by GlobalSecurity.org

Thailand Islamic Insurgency by GlobalSecurity.org

The Rise and Fall of the Malay Kingdom of Patani

The latter with this interesting trivia:

"[At circa 1786 - Straycats note] As the ultimate humiliation, the symbols of Patani's strength and power - the 'Seri Negara' and 'Seri Patani' cannons - were brought in triumph to Bangkok . Both can still be seen today gracing the entrance to Thailand's Ministry of Defence building.

Yep, Somchai Neelaphaijit. The guy who was kidnapped by some cops...

As far as I can remember, the VP blurted out something about knowing who he had last seen before his death... and then in true Homor Simpson fashion had a "did I think that or did I say it" moment. I think he denied ever saying it despite the tape being played over and over on tv.

Archived