84 Dead in Pattani: "This is typical"

MaiLuk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The war on drugs worked though, they are a lot more expensive and a lot less visible.

According to news reports the demonstrators besieged a police station.

If they had stayed at home they wouldnt have been rounded up. In any country if people besieged a police station and threatened it they would be arrested.

They were relying on the power of the mob to release those people suspected of selling on weapons.

If you want to protest, protest lawfully and apply for permission to stage a protest.

STH

I find your rosy view of the effects of the drug trade charmingly innocent. I did not say Yaba killed directly but it kills many by the behaviour it induces. Then there are all the other substances which do kill from over use, not to mention ruining lives and breaking up families. I notice as usual you only snear and complain about great men like Taksin but offer no solutions yourself, enlighten us oh great one. I'm not sure how much sense anyone who can compare deaths due to civil unrest to Nazi camps 60 years ago would make though.

You mention that I condem the barbaric behaviour of islamist evil doers but not when it comes to other creeds. If islamic exremism was aimed at the drug trade instead of the truely innocent I would be the first to applaud, but it's not is it.

Sorry you lost me on the Hindu rant.-peter

>>>In any country if people besieged a police station and threatened it they would be arrested.<<<

the problem is not that they were arrested - the problem is that 78 of them died of suffocation in police custody.

>>>The war on drugs worked though, they are a lot more expensive and a lot less visible. <<<

and as soon as the extremely repressive policing is curbed one day the drug problem will be back with a vehemence. just because you don't see that many drugs anymore does not mean that the drugs are off the minds of the people.

and in between there happened a starnge coincidence here: as soon as the drugwar started the incidents of youth gang violence has risen dramatically, and still do so.

On the point of Human rights these southern trouble makers, separatists and murderers do not seem to accept the thai constitution at all. These rabble rousers and supporters are fond of spouting about human rights but have no respect for the law, thai constitution or the human rights of law abiding thais.

What do you want Taksin to do, give into their demands or crush them? -peter

>>>Sorry you lost me on the Hindu rant.<<<

then maybe you should have a critical read of the mahabaratha and the vedic sources dealing with the cast systhem, and compare them with the situation of outcats in history and presence, especially concerning racial and ethnic characteristics of those outcasts.

>>>>I'm not sure how much sense anyone who can compare deaths due to civil unrest <<<<

do you have difficulties with your literacy?

those 78 did *not* die due to civil unrest, but after being packed and stacked on lorries by the security forces, of suffocation. the "civil unrest" was long over. TV footage proves that. ...unless you call a thousand people crawling on their stomachs with hands tied behind their backs and to each other, beaten by rifle butts of the security forces "civil unrest".

>>>I did not say Yaba killed directly but it kills many by the behaviour it induces. <<<

so?

how do you explain yourself the huge rise in violent crime *after* the beginning of the drugwar, especially committed by parts of the society formerly, when still easily available, especially prone to the abuse of ya ba?

>>>You mention that I condem the barbaric behaviour of islamist evil doers but not when it comes to other creeds. If islamic exremism was aimed at the drug trade instead of the truely innocent I would be the first to applaud, but it's not is it.<<<

so, are you trying to tell us here that barbaric methods are perfectly alright as long as they are aimed at whom *you* deem undesirable parts of society? that, when targets chosen by *you* we do not need to observe the basics of civil society, such as the little things called "due process".

intersting. i did not know that i am in conversation with god here...

>>>What do you want Taksin to do, give into their demands or crush them?<<<

first of all - follow the principles of due process of the law, as outlined in the thai constitution. and i am not aware that allowing 78 people to die of suffocation under police custody is somewhat permitted by thai law.

>>>On the point of Human rights these southern trouble makers, separatists and murderers do not seem to accept the thai constitution at all.<<<

you really seem to have serious problems with the term "due process". hitler had that as well, including a few rather warped racial theories based on paranoid assumptions about another religion.

Archived