bang na

thai3

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Fly, but I agree with Gummi,

I think most people here would know what a "Bd" soi looks like, and if not, there should be no trouble.

If we are to hide our heads away we'll never get past soi 33 SUK!

Bangkok by far is a LOT safer than Sydney, where I feel the tension the second I sit in a car, and thats a lot safer than a lot of US and even UK towns!

Maybe you come from a sheltered protected european society ;) ?

Things are never that bad, if you wan bad, go to some real shitty places in Africa, or even Port Moresby, where I still walk around,

DOG

>>>Maybe you come from a sheltered protected european society ?<<<

not really.

>>>Things are never that bad, if you wan bad, go to some real shitty places in Africa, <<<

yes, i have been in some shitty place in africa, and i have been in some very shitty places in many countries, including several active warzones. and yes, there are far worse places than here, but i would not underestimate bangkok. bangkok has changed a lot in the last two years.

>>>Wrong again. I've done things purposely and got away with them because I am a farang.<<<

are you a bit daft?

you are not farang. you will never be unless you do a michael jackson. and it's a bit strange that you have not learned that yet even though you live here a few years already.

you are a frigging "jek".

>>>You ASSuME all the freak'n time with your sermons. As I said before your so far down the well you can't see any daylight.<<<

and you assume based on a very limited experience of this place, and asia in general.

>>>>I'm just thankful I don't live in your world.<<<<

same here. if you prefer to live in your delusions than that is your decision. just don't become a cranky sod when i post something of my world.

anyhow, that thread is getting far too personal for me. i am trying to keep this flame free and informative. unfortunately you don't seem to get that. i am not interested in debating on such a level.

>>>how do you know what the casualties went out for?<<<

because i do make sure to find out. and many times things happen also directly in front of me.

>>>Most of the casualties the tung see must be road related anyway.<<<

that was true until about two years ago. now the vast majority of cases nowadays are violence related.

>>>I have a documentary on the tung, what a bunch of amatures and self publicists they seem to be, as portrayed in this 10 year old film anyway.<<<

there are a lot of shitty documentaries done on the poh teck tueng. fact is that:

1) things have changed a lot during the last ten years

2) there would be *no* functioning rescue service *at all* without those volonteers of the poh teck tueng and the ruamkantanyu. none whatsoever.

>>>Do they still take shots of the dead and sell them to the papers?<<<

they do take shots of the dead because every death has to be documented in the relevant police station. that is part of the official procedure.

a few do also take videos and sell them to the TV station as they are volonteers, don't get a single cent for their work. it can help to come up with the expenses for gas, first aid equipment, etc. - all that they have to pay from their own pocket.

if you want to know about the poh teck tueng, better ask me, don't believe all you see in a shitty documentary done by some fly by night journalists. i have been with them more than four years already. several nights a week, in many areas of bangkok.

>>>I'm just thankful I don't live in your world.<<<

just been thinking a bit about that snotty comment here.

what the fuck do you anyhow know about "my world"? get your nose out of your gadget threads, get it over into arts and culture, and language (did you manage to learn the basics of thai finally?), and out of your little beancounter warfare threads, then maybe you would not need to make such ridiculous assumptions about me and "my world".

i have to concede though - lower sukhumvit's pool halls are not my world, which appears to be for you the measure of things thai.

Fly how do you get to work for the tung, can anyone do it, any checks made? Also how did the others react to you working with them? I assume you are the only falang that has done so. Though I don't agree with your dark view I admire the fact that you are trying to do something to help-peter

i am only semi sort of working with them, not officially, as i am not the member kind of person. ;) i don't wear the uniform either.

i think that i am the only farang who has been continously for such a long time with the volonteers. i have met once another farang, but he was in one of the hospital ambulances, not with the volonteers, and he hasn't been around for long.

the way how you get to start working with them is by making friends with the volonteers. if the head of a team likes you, then you can stay. if he does not react good to you, you will not work for them.

i think it is essential to be able to speak passable thai, and be relatively fit as it can get a bit rough at times. it's a very complex situation they operate under, in a very starnge netherworld, and mistakes should not be made. and one has to have a desire to help people.

but generally speaking - people react very well to me when they see me, and i get a lot of respect. and personally, i think it would not be bad if there would be more farang who live here doing that. it would definately improve our not so good image here.

Archived