P4P and this board - the poll

khunsanuk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi - a photo section would be good, also someway, and I DONT know how, of getting more new members to join and stick with us,

Also because some of us do dominate (me included) at tiimes, it does seem to outsiders that you have to be "One of the guys" to post.

I DO like the idea of having a limit, as ASFO does of the number of posts in a day, or in a thread perhaps, better in a thread, so it doesn't become a slanging mach between two or three people which is really really boring (except for those involved)

How about only 5 posts per day per thread?

DOG

Hi,

"a photo section would be good"

:shhh::)

"I DO like the idea of having a limit, as ASFO does of the number of posts in a day, or in a thread perhaps, better in a thread,"

Interesting idea. Not sure if this is possible though.

Believe I have seen a hack to limit the amount of posts per day, or per time limit (i.e. only 1 post every 10 min), but not sure if it could handle per thread.

Sanuk!

.... it does seem to outsiders that you have to be "One of the guys" to post.

That was my first impression back in 01 when I first started scrounging through what seemed to be a vast amount of information on this board.... just checked, I didn't actually register till 02.

I've just cast my votes viz: if it ain't bust then don't fix it etc.

The only thing that bothers me slightly these days (and this is purely because of how and where I access the site) is the big Nanaplaza.com title and the CGI bargirl with the greenish tinge; it could be a bit embarrassing for me if a colleague - particularly a Thai colleague - looked over my shoulder! (Mind you, I checked the history on the machines in the office and it is amazing just which sites some of the Thai guys and girls access. Stones, glasshouse, pots and kettles spring to mind).

I scroll down as quickly as possible and then it looks just like any other bulletin board

Hi,

"The only thing that bothers me slightly these days (and this is purely because of how and where I access the site) is the big Nanaplaza.com title and the CGI bargirl with the greenish tinge;"

I understand completely, and this has been mentioned before. Maybe I could create a 'workplace friendly' stylesheet?

Sanuk!

carew66 said:

I've just cast my votes viz: if it ain't bust then don't fix it etc.

The only thing that bothers me slightly these days (and this is purely because of how and where I access the site) is the big Nanaplaza.com title and the CGI bargirl with the greenish tinge; it could be a bit embarrassing for me if a colleague - particularly a Thai colleague - looked over my shoulder! (Mind you, I checked the history on the machines in the office and it is amazing just which sites some of the Thai guys and girls access. Stones, glasshouse, pots and kettles spring to mind).

I scroll down as quickly as possible and then it looks just like any other bulletin board

LMAO :)

I've had the same experience at the office. A bit embarrassed by Nana looking out at me with someone looking on.

I DEFINITELY had to disable avatars- they were way overboard for work! :o

I voted for a change, but only one thing- the opening page. Everytime I logon, I see:

# Ever wondered what it feels like to explore Pattaya for the first time? Read 2Knight1's Pattaya Virgin report and find out.

# Find out more about Bangkok's klong boats in 2Knight1's Klong Boat page.

# Taking a stroll down Ratchadapisek we took some pictures and the result can be seen in our Ratchada pictorial.

# Johnny Was walked away with $350 after winning the first Nanaplaza.Com Writing Contest. JoshIngu and Changnoi came 2nd and 3rd respectively.

# Wanna find out where to go out in Phuket? Check out CultureCypher's 3-part City Guide on Phuket.

Does my cache need to be cleaned (whatever the hell that means) or is this truly the same page that's been up since dinosaurs roamed the earth? (LHL?) Do the writing contest winners even post on this board anymore? How embarassing is that! :) OK- I see Changnoi fairly frequently. Johnny Was last May. JoshIngu? Nuthin'!

Regarding the old boy network: I lurked for more than 1 year before registering and posting- I was minorly intimidated by the amount of knowledge and the feeling of not belonging- but not for long. :)

Perhaps a warmer welcome banner/area for newbies and a slugfest thread?

Hi,

"Does my cache need to be cleaned (whatever the hell that means) or is this truly the same page that's been up since dinosaurs roamed the earth?"

Yes, still the same page and utterly embarrassing :o

With a bit of luck it will change quite soon though, and hopefully a bit more frequently after that.

Sanuk!

Archived