P4P and this board - the poll

khunsanuk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
carew66 said:

I've just cast my votes viz: if it ain't bust then don't fix it etc.

The only thing that bothers me slightly these days (and this is purely because of how and where I access the site) is the big Nanaplaza.com title and the CGI bargirl with the greenish tinge; it could be a bit embarrassing for me if a colleague - particularly a Thai colleague - looked over my shoulder! (Mind you, I checked the history on the machines in the office and it is amazing just which sites some of the Thai guys and girls access. Stones, glasshouse, pots and kettles spring to mind).

I scroll down as quickly as possible and then it looks just like any other bulletin board

Ha ha ...me too!!

I got caught a few times..my server is behind me in my office ..staff (all female) have to come in and load new CDs..world wide accommodation guide..ww car hire etc ...and they see ""Cathouse" :D....not that there is anything wrong with NP...is not a ""grubby"" site by any means.

But still ...have had to not log on at work at all anymore...can even only play KOC at lunch time ::

Re..nightlife .....am out of that scene ...my wife says to me all the time....."you can not go one person Thailand"....so that is that :p

Very interesting, out of the people who answered. 98% have used P4P here.

Yet when I asked a similar question re Farangland, only 43% had used a P4P there.

That mens about half the people who have used P4P have done so only here in Thailand.

I find this quie interesting, as it hints in some ways as to the personal reasoning behind why and the justification of using P4P.

DOG

>>>I'm more interested in who the other 2 were who said that no one should, yet have done so themselves. Sounds rather hypocrit to me.<<<

why "hypocrit"?

i was actually one of them. and yes, i believe no one should...if that would be an ideal world. but as this is far from an ideal world, certain compromises have to be made in order to stay sane.

anyhow, as i can read the poll, the VAST and overwhelming majority has stated that everything is OK here, and nothing should be changed. and no, i have neither the "influence" to tell people how to vote, nor the computerskills to hack the board and change the vote.

so, pleeeeeeease, can we get back to normal and stop that idiotic and selfdstructive whining and bitching?

nops, i only admit to not being perfect in a not very perfect world.

by any means, prostitution does leave many people involved with serious physical and psychological damages. ignoring that would mean to adapt reality to ones own shortcomings, to justify ones faults.

i just prefer to admit to myself my own shortcomings, and accept the discrepancy between my ideals and reality, and work on slowly coming closer to how i would like to be.

so, yes, ideally no one "should" get involved into prostitution. and ideally no one should starve, and all the other "should nots". and there are a lot of other should nots everyone does commit every single day.

hypocracy is a bit too strong judgement used too quick far too often.

didn't meet many of 'em.

what i met was people who due to lack of other opportunities have resigned themselves to the fact that this job is presently the best alternative out of any other realistic option.

that is a bit different to actually seeing the business of prostitution as the fullfilment of one's career dreams. i am still to meet one who would say that.

that still doesn't dispute my hypothesis that involvement in prostitution leaves many with severe long term psychological and physical damages. on both sides of the fence (which aren't that far apart either).

anyhow, i think you misunderstand me a bit. my position is not going around missioneering that people shouldn't get involved into prostitution. especially because i can not offer better alternatives.

the statement was simply made out of idealistic reasons - not practical ones.

practically speaking - i would say that anyone has the freedom to decide to get involved or not.

and if you want to judge that hypocracy - then do so. i personally prefer though to be less judgemental and more tolerant. the world ain't black and white - just shades of grey.

and generally i am careful in calling others hypocrits, only a saint might have no discrepancies between how he likes to see himself and his real actions.

and so far, i am yet to see a saint on this board.

Archived