P4P and this board - the poll

khunsanuk

this would be oh so true if the poll was a true reflection of the membership, but like most of these things the 'voting sheep' are only a very small part of the flock. < 5% vote, same as post. I would suspect that of those that bother to vote, the same number also post. There is no way to gauge an accurate sentiment from the very people KS needs to hear from .......... the 95% that don't post ...... or vote.

We had a similar discussion and poll almost a year ago, and the same results. So things we left as they were. And will be again IMO.

But the statistics are inherently flawed. And the only one who can change or not change things is KS, as I said. The polls and votes are basically useless despite the good intentions.

Now if you could figure out a way to get only those that *don't* post to post why they don't, KS might have a more accurate reflection of sentiments and some possible options. or not.

:banghead:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, why then making the poll in the first place?

as there seem to be no way to get any reliable numbers, or idea, why people post/not post/get born/beleive in the existence of god/are atheists, i think we should start thinking of employing some whitch doctor or astrologer.

as this country has an abundance of those, i guess finding one might not pose much difficulties. ;)

Well if they don't vote then they don't really care much and if they don't post well again they are not active members of the board and they more than likely do what anyone does skim read and find the bits that they want and get on with it.

That would be my interpretation.

You can speculate what other posters may think but it is purely speculation.

You are really clutching at straws thou to try and use this speculation as a means to justify your own argument.

Have you considered that yours may actually be the minority view?

Hi,

"deafening us with their silence"

Of course it could be argued that they have made their point and do not feel the urge to repeat themselves another 17 times ;)

"so, can we just let the matter , and get on with life?"

Funny this, coming from the person who seems to be the one most vocal on this issue and the one least capable of just letting it go.

Anyway, I think you'd better ignore this post, do not want to force you to spend another 2 days debating it :)

Sanuk!

LaoHuLi said:

this would be oh so true if the poll was a true reflection of the membership, but like most of these things the 'voting sheep' are only a very small part of the flock. < 5% vote, same as post. I would suspect that of those that bother to vote, the same number also post. There is no way to gauge an accurate sentiment from the very people KS needs to hear from .......... the 95% that don't post ...... or vote.

I'll agree with Zorro on this.

If they dont post and dont vote, then why bother at all ????

Then just be concerned about the posting and voting members.

BB

OK, all the vocal mega posters 'win' again.

Zorro ??? what argument did I put forward? There is nothing to *win* or *lose* here. We were asked to comment, and in doing so we basically told by people like you that our opinions or comments were *wrong*.Never mind, this is one the reasons many of us don't post so much here now.

If it is the majority that *wins* then silence and non participation are the clear victors.

Another pouring from the empty into the void.

LaoHuLi said:

Zorro ??? what argument did I put forward? There is nothing to *win* or *lose* here. We were asked to comment, and in doing so we basically told by people like you that our opinions or comments were *wrong*.Never mind, this is one the reasons many of us don't post so much here now.

If it is the majority that *wins* then silence and non participation are the clear victors.

LHL,

Weird post coming from you.

First of all, nobody ever 'wins' on the internet. You should know that.

I'm just commenting on your strange conclusions...... :dunno:

And please, do not argue that the above is the reason you dont post here anymore (???)

We all know there are other reasons, outside of the actual discussion.

Remember when you posted over 900+ posts in 1 months flooding the board ?

Weird post coming from you, I hope the void is not where it should not be.

Take care.

BB

BelgianBoy said:
LaoHuLi said:

LHL,

Weird post coming from you.

First of all, nobody ever 'wins' on the internet. You should know that.

I'm just commenting on your strange conclusions...... :dunno:

And please, do not argue that the above is the reason you dont post here anymore (???)

We all know there are other reasons, outside of the actual discussion.

Remember when you posted over 900+ posts in 1 months flooding the board ?

Weird post coming from you, I hope the void is not where it should not be.

Take care.

BB

mea culpa, mea culpa

there is no doubt I posted way too much in the past. so I apologise to all those who were forced to wade through my drivel as I was forced to wade through theirs.

and FYI, I doubt you have any idea why I don't post much on this board anymore. it is a matter of choice, and nothing else. There are many fine people on this board, but wading through endless arguments and carefully having to watch where I tread and avoiding the 'nannies rebuke', discourage me from trying to search out those few gems. As those who's posts I find most relevent post less and less, and the 'drivel' level rises IMO, such effort gets fewer and fewer rewards. Now perhaps that is simply a result of having spent inordinate amounts of time on this board previously, including reading every single post on this board for over 9 months, or perhaps as some suggest there is perceptable shift in attitude here, or perhaps I am simply becoming more or my curmurgeonly self, I will leave for others to judge as they always do.

And that in the end may be the crux of it all for me. Every post, every tale, every trip report and thus every poster by inference is judged here. and personally I find that attitude stiffling. so I will impose a little more self stiffle. I fail to find much 'sanuk' on this board anymore, which I thought was one of it's primary tenents before.

Archived