Disturbing Phnom Pehn "Slave" Brothel Report-

jitagawn

Hi,

"what it has to do with the issue at hand is, that you allow discussions on a scene that you have no personal knowledge of, nor personal experience with."

I have no personal knowledge or experience on a huge amount of the discussions on this board. Again, what is your point?

"i have not flamed anyone here, was patient and informative, only to be attacked in a way that is not tolerable anymore."

Of course, you are the eternal victim, nothing is ever your fault. Sorry, Fly, but I do not see it that way. You may not have flamed anybody directly, but you most certainly are not as innocent as you make yourself out to be.

Sanuk!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really do not care anymore who is victim, or not, who is at fault, or not. i have better things to do with my time than debating kindergarden.

the only thing i want to know is, if you are able, or not, or willing, or not, to delete my posts.

Sorry to see ya go again, and I would not like to see al ya post deleted, too much valuable information.

And I am sadened by all this obnoxiouseness apparent in this thread.

Fly, you should not answer these private questions such as "why did ypu do that research and what exactly did you do there etc" Non of anyones business.

But, you should also allow others their opinion...

flyonzewall said:

>>>As a parallel, I relate a recent example of sensationalism on this subject. ECPAT in NZ hit the headlines<<<

i do not like ECPAT. i do not support ECPAT's more than dubious practises and exagerations. i think that ECPAT is a racist organisation that is led by zealots who have no much idea about what happens on the ground. i have also known ECPAT investigators who have left the organisation due to those problems.

and, ECPAT is *not* well liked by many NGOs who i know of doing very good work.

please do not put me into the same boat as those.

You should also add the New York Post to your list as organisation to shake your finger at. Because if they wrote more about the good things of Cambo and less on the bads things about Cambo you would see an increase in real tourist to the country.

I like to use Thailand as an example of a country outgrowing it's raunchly image. Back in the 60' and 70' the word Thailand conjered up images of sex, underage prostitution, drugs,etc.

Fast forward to year 2005. Thailand has an image of beaches, great food, friendly people. How did it come about? Not by writing about indenture woman, underage sex with boys and girls, forced prostitution with goats, etc..

Each of those items above have not gone away, ( well except perhaps for the goat ) but rather the better part of the country has grown and exceed these others activaties by a wider marign. The sex scene, rather, has remained about the same size in proportion. (I was not there until the late 90's so it better for others to judge this.) I trying to say that it has not become Thailand's main source of forign income.

But when I talked about going to Thailand, the over forties crowd roll their eyes and smile. The under forties crowd ask what beach are you staying at.

So what has this to do with Cambo? Well if people concentrate about how nice the people are, how great the beaches in the south are, or how great it's food is than you will get paying tourist to visit and spend money in more self-sustaining businesses. Thus building an infrastructure that proves jobs and money to the local population.

Lets look at Thailand again. The P4P has not disappeared nor will it. But is has definetlay gotten more cleaned up. It is held under a microscope by the world do-gooders.

And well, just look at what the country's PM is doing to it's P4P scene. fighting to keeping it in check and on it's toes.

Shit.

Thailand is changing.

Changing for the better.

It is nice to see viewpoints from many different angles. Some like to hear what others have to say and some hate to hear what others have to say. But sometimes what people do say bring about the necessary changes for progress.

Not to long ago, Thailand was where Cambodia is today. In some areas of Thailand, what is going on in Cambodia is still going on in Thailand. Hopefully that will change.

As for Fly, you have been a part of the community - Thai and Falang. Hopefully the differences there are in the Falang community can be mended. I ask you as a friend to stay.

All,

Some guys never cease to amaze me here.

3 ex-mods ( or still mods for all we know ) heavyweight posters and KS ganging up on one member only.

And that all within the 'rules'.

What was the discussion again ?

Fly, please stay, dont be bullied away.......

BB

dissapointed

Archived