Disturbing Phnom Pehn "Slave" Brothel Report-

jitagawn

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

I was gonna reply to this, but I figured there is really no point.

Sanuk!

PS "dont be bullied away......."

Kinda like Fly bullied away a bunch of other posters, right?

KS,

Allright, let me explain further that my point is really that if one re-reads the whole thread, it would all boil down to about a dozen posts really contribiuting to the thread.

At least 2-3 posts from Fly, none from me, you, cent, coss or gummi.

IMO of course....

As for your last statement, any names, dates, proof on that ?

I'd say his postings were informative, main reason we are all here.

( but yes - his style is different from most of us :p )

BB

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BelgianBoy said:Some guys never cease to amaze me here. 3 ex-mods ( or still mods for all we know ) heavyweight posters and KS ganging up on one member only.

And that all within the 'rules'.

What was the discussion again ?

Fly, please stay, dont be bullied away...

I think of Fly as a friend and I know his heart is in the right place. But he has been way over the top on this thread as have some others (you know who you are). His experiences are 5 years old. That is a loooonnnngggg time in developing nation terms. I do believe that it is different, but I cannot personally verify that as I too have not been to Phnom Penh for almost 7 years now. I am relying upon businessmen that I know who live there and who travel there a lot. Their character in not in dispute (not that I am implying Fly's is) so I trust them when thay say things are different now. The biggest indicator is that the Cambodian government has been aiding the US in prosecuting pedos. If there was no interesting in cleaning it up and making right, then why would they be trumpeting their own horns about doing it? An easy search can find about what I refer, I can't be arsed to do it. I am also under the impression that Svay Pak & K11 are pretty much outta business per the chats over beer from my friends. No one I know misses them at all, so good riddence.

My take on "indentured" prostitutes is that if they are freelancing or willing/able to go long time, then they are 99.99% likely to me doing so of their own free will. Up to them. They are of legal age per their country's laws, no matter how anyone may personally feel about the law (I think legal age being 13 in Japan is just wrong, but not my place to say).

As far as some poster's comments about posting trip reports to somewhere where there is underage or indentured sex workers, well then we may as well close up shop here too. I can take you to several bars in the farang gogo areas where there is at least one 15 year old and several 16 year olds (not in any one bar but scattered about the area) that I know of -- I gotta believe that there are more. I know because I chat with the girls. They warn me about it to help me avoid trouble (they lub me too mutt LOL). And let's not get started about certain sections of Chinatown and surrounds where there is an underage sex worker bust every week (you know if you read/listen to Thai news). Oops, under the above criteria we had better stop all trip reports that include NEP, Cowboy, Patpong or even anywhere in Bangkok! See. Simply silly.

Indentured? Some are "indentured" because they took loans from their employer. Have you ever done that? Did your employer not want you to pay back the money? The gals in the game know what their job is when they take that loan. Yeah, even the ones who fly off to Japan or Switzerland for those high paying "maid" jobs. Yeah, right. Their friends tell them exactly what they will be doing. Not saying all fall into this catagory, but a lot do. But I have never seen any gals chained to a bed or unable to leave their work establishment. Have you (not to anyone in particular)? Or have you just read about it?

I do not know where I am going with this, just that people need to relax a bit...

Cheers,

SD

belboy,

I am seeing this in a larger context.

Evil powers join together to keep indentured virgins intact. ( as seen by fly in the first floor somewhere ). If you read the whole thread again 3 or 4 times you will clearly see a diabolic masterplan. Disgusting.

Will Fly leave us now , I don't think so. Three more loveletters and he will graciously reconsider his reincarnation between the sextourists. I swear I have never been to Vietnam, only once for a sightseeing in Angkor Wat . No slavery there, shite.

BuBi

Hi,

"As for your last statement, any names, dates, proof on that ?"

Nothing I can give you in writing, so you justhave to take my word for it, but yes I have been told by several people that one of the main reasons they do not frequent this board anymore is because they were sick and tired of Fly attacking everything he did not agree with. And then debating it until people either gave up or the thread was closed.

"I'd say his postings were informative"

Never denied that, but his level of tolerance was/is way too low. And I will not let him (or anybody else) dictate what is and is not acceptable on *my* board.

Sanuk!

>But, you should also allow others their opinion...

Opinions are like....

well, anyway. There is a well known concept in science that observing an event changes the event, and I wonder how much of that is going on here. Lets imagine two people walking into the same brothel.

Person 1. Hmmm. I'll take that one. Mamasan: OK.

Person 2. Hmmm. How old are these girls? Mamasan: Oh, you like young girl, have upstairs.

And now person 2 might say, wow, wonder how much of this is going on? And so the second principle comes into play: the more you look for something, the more you find (and epidemiology studies, those that look for a specific disease incidence say, have a bugger of a time with this). So, if we go to another brothel (in the spirit of enquiry) and ask : do you have young girls, the answer may well be "have" (although it *might be* that he's gonna run back to brothel 1 to get the "goods"!!!) and so on. The more we look, the more we find.

Although to be fair, for person 1 we could say, the *less* you look, the less you find.

And so our two people, going into the same brothel, by a slight change can come away with VERY different perceptions of "reality". And of course, we *all* stick to our perception of "reality" come hell or high water.

The *third* principal that comes into play is the old tried and tested one: "observer bias". Now, we all can say "I'm not biased in my observations, I see what I see", but unfortunately, human nature just don't work that way. So difficult is this to get away from that *real* tests of observation are performed "blinded", and in many cases "double-blinded" (and this is observations by *trained* observers who still know the huge impact of observer bias).

And so this thread, where the different observations are completely unable to see that the other side *might* have something of a point.

-j-

If a poster 'left' because of Fly, he should have been told about it when it happened. He should have been given an opportunity to see if anything could be done to 'correct' the problem.

I think others have left this board and have stopped posting because of other reasons not related to Fly, and those should be addressed also.

As BB seemed to indicate, Fly did make some very good constructive posting whereas some seemed to be trying there best to irate Fly. Could it be that those that were irating him were just as much at fault as Fly? But we never hear of others being critized for their postings - only Fly.

There was a posting, I believe it was later removed, in which it stated something to the effect that when I could no longer post here no more, that there were a few more that were going to have to go besides me. I believe Fly is one of them, and I am confident I know who the other person is.

Some may have stopped posting because of Fly, but he is not the only person who has forced people to stop posting.

Personally, I would like to see PEACE and to once again read what Fly has to offer. :stirthepo

cbk,

as a matter of fact at least Cent has done everything possible using the sweetest words he was aware to keep fly in good mood. I cannot see any reason to see everybody falling on their knees to keep a diva happy at whatever price.

What should be of serious concern now : what does Fly do with his spare time , go fishing or what ?

BuBi

Archived