Photo contest open for voting

khunsanuk

Hi,

Deadline for submitting photos has ended and I have finished uploading all the entries.

The photos can be viewed here : Photo contest

All registered users can vote.

One final comment though, please keep the voting civilized. None of these pictures warrants a 1 or a 2, and also please refrain from giving high votes to one photo and very low to all others in an effort to boost the specific photos place.

So, please rate each photo on its own merits.

May the best photo win!

Sanuk!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"I assume people should not be voting for their own, or have they already?"

I have no real problem with people voting for their own picture. I'm hoping to get a decent amount of votes per photo, which means that one vote more or less really doesn't make a big difference.

For example, if 30 people rate a photo an average of 6 out of 10, and the author then gives it a 10, it will only increase the average to 6.13 out of 10.

Sanuk!

I had some problems with clicking pictures above the navigation arrows (< >) leading me out of sequence, into dead ends, erratic performance to load a page on a high speed internet connection (sometimes maybe 20 seconds), and at times it would bring up a screen telling me I didn't have access so I eventually gave up. Just thought I would take the time to pass this along as perhaps others are and not posting it here.

Hi,

Probably the easiest way to look at and rate the pictures is by opening up the gallery and right-click on each picture to open it up in a seperate window or tab. Then click on the score you wish to give it and after the page refreshes, close the window or tab to return to the gallery.

The message about not having access occured when you stumbled upon a picture that was not part of the contest and which was stored in another forum.

Sanuk!

Hi Sanuk,

I liked most of the entries and surprised there was not one elephant, Tuk-tuk or traffic jam:)

Suggestions for easier voting:

a) right-click open a new tab/window (your suggestion).

B) the number of selections is increased to 20 from *my* default of 12!

c) the "Sort by" feature is also handy.

Cheers,

John Betong

Archived