Photo contest open for voting

khunsanuk

Hi,

"Maybe you should try to make the voting even less time-consuming for the lazy lot among us. Perhaps a poll with links to each pic plus a 1-10 vote option, if possible."

Yes, that would be nice, but unfortunately it isn't that easy. A solution like that would require a serious amount of programming (I'd need to move data between 2 different programs).

Sanuk!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right about that ND, if people fail to vote the pics they don't like then those pics will likely have an 'undeserved' higher average.

Zaad,

Not too sure about that..... like I said, I only voted for a few, only because i liked them, hence never really low scores....

If people do not vote for pics they dont like, by definition it means that the votes for the favorite pics are higher anyway....

KK, do I make sense here ?

BB

Hi KS,

I haven`t voted at all, since I have an entry in the contest.

Thought it would be better that way, especially since I like my own photo the best :o

Did however notice it took a plunge in the rating, prolly due to the contestant you are referring to.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

A few things about the contest. Ok, I put one pix on, (the only possible one I had, shot my first day in BKK) thought KS said no voting for oneself, so did not. Plus, I do not think it's right to do so. secundo, i also think that all pix should be given a note, it does not take that long, and Zaad is right, it changes the final maths about final averages.

Most of my notes for others are average to (way)below average, (I judged quality too, not just idea) except for one, which i think was a good shot and a perfect illustration of why someone would relish "my Thailand". Maybe that was wrong to crank it up, compared to the others, but at least it's not mine and it's been on top anyway since the first day of the contest.

And maybe, KS, if you see discrepancies in the noting by some member(s), such as you saw, like 1s for well-noted shots 3 or 4 days into the contest, maybe it's fair to disqualify this member's vote.

Well, uh, I voted and gave myself a 10 only because my photo was doing so miserably I wanted to try to get it out of the cellar and rally some enthusiasm. :(

I didn't vote for anyone else because I didn't want to give them any more points. ::

I'm too stupid to understand what I just read about averages being affected and the arithmetic of voting/not voting for other photos. I just want my picture to do a little better, damn it! :onfire:

Now, I think I'm ashamed of myself. :banghead:

NOT! :neener:

I am disgusted with this stickperson, are there no depths to which he will sink to earn a few baht? Quite obviously his entry has a seaside theme yet he is on record as saying that he is not one who appreciates sunbathing or spending hours splashing about in the sea. This does not stop him hypocritically submiting his photo though, dispicable. How can he slag off the beach ar Hua Hin yet unashamedly submit his photo? words fail me, he should be disqualified of course.I expect some arse lickers will defend this pathetic excuse for an ex pat, he should of course be thrown into the nearest klong, bloody hypocrite taking the best photo-peter :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Archived