Photo contest open for voting

khunsanuk

Hi,

It seems that one of the contestants has been very unsportsman-like. He rates his own picture a 10 (in itself not a big deal of course), and rated another 7 pictures with a *very* low score (1x 4, 1x 2, and 5x 1).

I am seriously tempted to disqualify him and remove his votes from the contest.

Thoughts?

Sanuk!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, only 38 people have bothered voting so far (and many of those only a few photos). Is there really that little interest in this?

Honestly KS, I'm not even surprised anymore since that's the way it goes around here with whatever you intend to organize, be it nana shirts, blogs, this contest etc. Lots of enthusiasm beforehand but squat afterwards.

Very disappointing :down: :down: :down:

I'll definitely join the next contest if there's going to be one. This time I only did the voting, no participation due to a fucked up scanner.

It seems that one of the contestants has been very unsportsman-like. He rates his own picture a 10 (in itself not a big deal of course), and rated another 7 pictures with a *very* low score (1x 4, 1x 2, and 5x 1).

Thoughts?

I agree that it is not sporty doing so. if it really influence the voting, kick him out then.

BTW, only 38 people have bothered voting so far (and many of those only a few photos). Is there really that little interest in this?

I voted, but guilty to say I voted only for the top 4-5-6 pics that I thought were good.

BB

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Thoughts?

Sanuk!

Yes....employ the system that was initiated after French judges were found to have been bribed/pressured by the Russians to "fix" some Olympic skating competiton: throw out the highest and lowest scores. It narrows the standard deviation (in statistics terms).

Hugh (mak)

He rates his own picture a 10 (in itself not a big deal of course), and rated another 7 pictures with a *very* low score (1x 4, 1x 2, and 5x 1).

Should a person be deleted because he voted

10 for his own picture

4 for only 1 picture

2 for only 2 pictures

1 for 5 pictures?

[color:"blue"] Before deleting him, it might be better to see how he votes for the other 9 photos (he has only voted for only 1/2 of the total photos). [/color]

[color:"white"] . [/color] [color:"red"]

What an idiot, better to have voted just for his own. I was not sure if we had to vote for them all or not. I gave myself my highest mark because I honestly though it was the best, the others from 4-8. Maybe I should rate the rest but a lot of them I did not like that much. One pic definately deserved a one but none of the others.-peter

The problem also is by having a "Average Score" people like me who didnt have time to open and score every photo (BB as well I thinK) help the poorer photos.

If the owners judge them high (OK, not a 10, but maybe 8's, they shold be proud of their own work after all) then those pics have a unjust :Hgher" average. Voting should be for EVERY pic (Mea Culpa)

DOG

You're right about that ND, if people fail to vote the pics they don't like then those pics will likely have an 'undeserved' higher average.

KS,

Maybe you should try to make the voting even less time-consuming for the lazy lot among us. Perhaps a poll with links to each pic plus a 1-10 vote option, if possible. At least then all pics get the same amount of votes.

MM,

KS wrote:

He rates his own picture a 10 (in itself not a big deal of course), and rated another 7 pictures with a *very* low score (1x 4, 1x 2, and 5x 1).

MM wrote:

Should a person be deleted because he voted

10 for his own picture

4 for only 1 picture

2 for only 2 pictures

1 for 5 pictures?

A 2 for 1 pic or 2 pics?

Anything we need to know?

Archived