quality

RE4CTOR

[color:"blue"]No, they merely seem contradictory owing to the same inflexibility that makes you believe one can?t enjoy going to a go-go unless one buys a lot of lady drinks. What if I insisted that you can?t enjoy a movie unless you eat a lot of popcorn?

You see, you can respect people in certain ways and sympathize with them even though you find them rather boring to talk to and you recognize their limitations.[/color]

Well, I guess I am abnormal then. To me, human interaction includes conversation. Anything else is acting as if it is a commodity. And meat is a commodity. No matter how you rationalize it, you do treat women like a commodity. I fail to understand how pointing at a girl, not saying a word, taking her to a hotel, sticking your dick in her hole(s) and leaving is any different than putting a piece of liver in a microwave to warm it and then beating off with it. Except it costs more and you are "helping the poor village girl" you feel so sorry for. Ahh, the farang in shining armour syndrome. "The poor little brown people, thay are below me, but I feel for them so I'll throw them some scraps."

Had no problems? Bully for you. That's goes to show the accepting nature of the women here and the willingness to put up with all kinds of punters. It does not mean that they do not care how you treat them and that they like you.

[color:"blue"]Tell you what, try this: go around in any go-go and ask the ladies how the concept of kingship in Thailand changed from the Sukothai period to the Ayudhaya.[/color]

ROTFLMAO. What a pointless statement. I challenge you to go anywhere in the States (ya, even an Ivy League campus), pick a 22 year old gal and have a decent conversation about the difference of governmental actions vis-a-vis impact on the common man between the Coolidge presidency and the current Bush one (you're Brit? Same challenge, just substitute, oh, let's say George III for Coolidge and George V for Bush). I am sure that you will get a lot of blank stares, too.

But the kingship subject is not one I care about so I have never asked. But I like business and economics. And I have had a great deal of wonderful conversations regarding the role of the IMF and the economic recovery and long term implications of the tack of Malaysia with their currency peg versus Thailand's and their decision to take the loans and keep the currency floating. And about the impact of the "village fund" program and the fact that the consumer is uneducated about credit and the long term impact of that program, with most under the impression that it is a land grab by the rich. And about animal husbandry and the effect the iron buffalo is having on the traditional Thai farming structure as well as the pros/cons of the use of pesticides to increase output of substiance farms to commercial farming levels (basically economics vs sustainability/health). And about the US's decision to invade Iraq pre-emptively and the impact that that will have in the future of human conflict. With bar girls. And some taxi drivers, too. And of course with other Thais that I know as friends from all walks. But I am not saying that they are all that smart. I do know some gals (and guys) with such little going on upstairs that they make me wonder how they dress themselves in the morning. And a lot in between those extremes.

[color:"blue"]I always hear of that mythical go-go dancer who?s working her way through university. I?ve yet to meet her or meet anyone who has met her. Maybe she exists, but frankly I don't care whether she does or not.[/color]

Even in the West, it is certainly not unusual for university gals to be strippers. When I was a undergrad in the early 80s, 90% of the cheerleaders worked at the local nudie bar (and I bartended :up:). Would not be surprised if some of them hooked.

Back to Thai gals. As Hugh_Hoy said, there are several. I know a few right working now, and some who are employed in MNCs (even one as an expat in the Philippines). I have sat in a gogo or beer bar and helped with homework more than once. I have been invited to their graduation parties (but I was instructed to say I met them at Uni LOL). But again, how would you know? It is beneath you to discuss any matters with these women. And if I were in their shoes, why would I share anything but the simplest platitudes with you? One thing all Thai gals have in common is an unerring and uncanny sense of people and their personalities. They've got you figured out. It is a circle my friend, as most things are.

[color:"blue"]The ladies also find conversation with a farang rather difficult, especially tourists who don?t know enough to speak slowly, use simple words, and use Received Pronunciation or General American.[/color]

This just proves my original statement that it seems that you are one who equates intelligence with English ability. You yourself cannot be arsed to learn Thai and expect them to be fluent in English. Since they cannot communicate in your langauge, they must be stupid. IME, the ladies have no problem discussing anything with myself nor other farangs who speak Thai. In fact, you basically can't shut 'em up!

Is it a business transaction? Certainly. But are the gals also looking for fun and to meet new freinds and to have good conversation? Certainly as well -- to imply otherwise is ignorant at best and misogynistic at worst. As for me personally, I rarely BF gals anymore cuz I am too lazy to shag 'em (but I have also like you done the mercy BF for sickness, or school tests, or just to go somewhere else to party, etc). But I have met some intelligent and fun gals who are professional enough to know that I am not going to be anything more than a friend with whom to party (and maybe a no-strings-attached shag on occasion). I have seen many, many "normal" gals mistake a gig for something more with other married friends. I do not need that hassle. Therefore I choose to hang out in the P4P bars.

Regards,

SD

PS -- As long as I have time, I will not wimp out. I enjoy this and nothing is meant to be personal. Purely debate for fun.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"blue"]suadum [/color] da dum dum said:

[color:"blue"] Well, I guess I am abnormal then. To me, human interaction includes conversation.

[/color]

If you?re gonna BF of course you have to have a conversation. I?ve said several times that I do and I said what I normally talk about. I?ve found it sufficient and acceptable. And then sometmes I don't barfine. If I don't I just might not have any "interaction." I don't interact with the waitresses at Starbuck's either. I don't eat popcorn at the movies. Sometimes--hold onto your seat--I omit salad dressing from my salads! OK, you've heard it all now.

By continuing to deny what?s clearly printed in the thread, you?re just setting up a straw man and moving into the troll category.

[color:"blue"] village girl" you feel so sorry for.

[/color]

If a lady is sitting there looking dejected or looks like a nice mum who probably wishes she was home taking care of little Lek and Nun, who are probably missing her, I don?t really care where she?s from, though probability tells me she?s from a village. Now at first I may have imagined the dejection and the nice mum. It doesn?t bother me to admit that. Yet the lady didn?t seem unhappy that I?d made a mistake, if that?s what it was. Unquestionably she was not popular. Was it helping her to be her customer? Well, again I?d like to think so, because otherwise she wasn't being BF'd, but one could also argue that if no one BF?d her, then she?d get out of The Life and this would be better. Yet she?s an adult and has made this choice. Other times I?ve chosen on the standard basis of beauty & bod?the popular ladies.

You see, you?ll say that if I BF some plain motherly sort, I'm being condescending. If I BF a beautiful lady I'm being superficial. Now I?m just not going to run around looking for an IMF discussion before I can BF on the basis that you agree is a basis for a BF.

[color:"blue"] Ahh, the farang in shining armour syndrome. "The poor little brown people, thay are below me, but I feel for them so I'll throw them some scraps."

[/color]

Since this isn?t in my posts at all, and you're so extreme, perhaps it indicates a feeling of your own that you?re struggling against? See my "respect" post again. Some of these go-go ladies sure ain't poor!

[color:"brown"] Tell you what, try this: go around in any go-go and ask the ladies how the concept of kingship in Thailand changed from the Sukothai period to the Ayudhaya.

[/color]

[color:"blue"] ROTFLMAO. What a pointless statement. [/color]

Control yourself. It was, of course, rhetorical to emphasize a point. I?m glad you took it so seriously, however, and ensured that I made my point.

[color:"blue"] But the kingship subject is not one I care about so I have never asked. But I like business and economics. And I have had a great deal of wonderful conversations regarding the role of the IMF and the economic recovery and long term implications of the tack of Malaysia with their currency peg versus Thailand's and their decision to take the loans and keep the currency floating.

[/color]

If you say so. I don?t deny that such a conversation can occur, but I do think it?s quite uncommon. Perhaps there should be a poll?

[color:"blue"] It is beneath you to discuss any matters with these women.

[/color]

Why would that be true when I discuss more esoteric subjects with other Thais? They?d be quite welcome to bring up such subjects if they wished. A lady who knows something certainly knows how to communicate the fact.

[color:"blue"]The ladies also find conversation with a farang rather difficult, especially tourists who don?t know enough to speak slowly, use simple words, and use Received Pronunciation or General American.[/color]

[color:"blue"] This just proves my original statement that it seems that you are one who equates intelligence with English ability.

[/color]

Do you ever let go of anything? Oh, it proves nothing of the kind. I haven't yet done so with you yet, have I? :) You see, no matter how intelligent one is, one just isn?t born speaking a foreign language. It does have to be learned.

[color:"blue"] You yourself cannot be arsed to learn Thai

[/color]

So many accusations! :: Now, how would you know that I can?t speak Thai? If you?d stick to what you actually know, rather than just insist on what you want to believe, then some sort of dialogue might happen.

[color:"blue"] and expect them to be fluent in English. Since they cannot communicate in your langauge, they must be stupid.

[/color]

Well, this point has been addressed several times. Still not had that eye check, eh? I think there?s a thread on optometrists here in the forums.

One problem I do have is that I get bored repeating the same things, esp. when they're sitting there in black and blue.

[color:"blue"] The ladies have no problem discussing anything with myself nor other farangs who speak Thai. [/color]

And I specifically said ?tourists,? most of whom don?t speak Thai. Now, if a lady nods wisely to your point about the the policies of the IMF, it doesn?t mean you?ve actually discussed the IMF, but you?ll think so.

[color:"blue"] But are the gals also looking for fun and to meet new freinds and to have good conversation? Certainly as well -- to imply otherwise is ignorant at best and misogynistic at worst. [/color]

Which I haven't implied of course, leaving aside what such an implication would mean. The question is, what kind of fun and with whom? What "friends?" On what basis?

What I would suggest is that you offer them the money you would spend on what you think that they will think is fun. Give them a choice between the money and the fun. And be sure they know that if they don?t choose the ?fun,? then next time you?ll make the very same offer, you won?t be in the least disappointed, nothing will change, you?ll continue to be an ongoing supporter, perhaps even the winning lottery ticket , and you?re gonna keep making them the same offer weekly or monthly. Perhaps it?s actually YOUR fun, not theirs.

You see, you do have a verified problem in determining what other people might regard as fun and understanding it. Sorry!

So perhaps they?re not telling you truth-- shock!--about the fun and are playing you along. (Now I know you?ll not be able to believe that, but I throw it out for Zorro's indignation.) Or, completely stop paying for anything at all and see how long your supposed friendship lasts. Now, it may continue; my flexible viewpoint certainly allows for that; and maybe there?s even a good wife for some farang there, if that's too condescending a viewpoint. I already suggested my esteemed colleague MaiLuk live with a go-go dancer and see how it goes.

What I work from in my own humble way, you see, is mere probabilities. Yes, that guy smoked all his life and he lived to be 99. Yes. Still, I?m gonna be a non-smoker. Probabilities aren?t always fair, but insurance companies will continue to use them as a rational basis for decision-making. Me, I do my thing but I also live & let live. I guess other posters here must check out the scene and decide for themselves. I'd strongly suggest reading the literature, too. It's always a trip, eh? No matter in which direction you go. :)

ptyrider: thanks for putting forward a viewpoint that is not common here. It should certainly get a few people thinking......... which is always a good thing IMO.

You obviously either have too much time on your hands or feel this is important, if only to you, to expend so much energy on such an inane topic. I would only suggest that your often astute and keen observations might carry more validity and acceptance if you would tone down your acerbic and condescending overtones.

But, as you so admirely keep reiterating, you don't care what others think or do. Some of us still do.

Even if it is only in the same regard that you find most of the BGs, faintly worthy of a moment when you need to use them, but mostly, like your posts, are boringly self-centered. :stirthepo

Guest lazyphil

I tell you one thing talking to bgs is far less confusing than trying to read your technicolured posts/pastes ::

[color:"blue"] LaoHuLi [/color] wrote:

[color:"blue"] ptyrider: thanks for putting forward a viewpoint that is not common here. It should certainly get a few people thinking......... which is always a good thing IMO.

[/color]

You?re welcome. It?s been fun. I trust I've livened things up a bit for some and lessened complacency. Throw a bit of red meat out there now and then I say.

[color:"blue"] You obviously either have too much time on your hands or feel this is important, if only to you, to expend so much energy on such an inane topic.

[/color]

It is quite inane, isn?t it? I suppose that sitting in a go-go bar is normally such an inane activity anyway that, however dear to the hearts of us male farangs, it must inevitably spark an inane discussion here or there. So I?ve just had to amuse myself in order to participate, sorry.

[color:"blue"] I would only suggest that your often astute and keen observations might carry more validity and acceptance if you would tone down your acerbic and condescending overtones.

[/color]

Thank you. You may be right, and I could do that, though I?m not sure that it would be as effective. I'd plead that acerbity and condescension if any are still better than venom, distortion, impugning the poster's honesty, and willfully ignoring the cogency of points made.

[color:"blue"] But, as you so admirely keep reiterating, you don't care what others think or do. Some of us still do.

Even if it is only in the same regard that you find most of the BGs, faintly worthy of a moment when you need to use them, but mostly, like your posts, are boringly self-centered.

[/color]

It happens that my own experience is that with which I?m most familiar. Please write some interesting posts of your own.

Use. H-m-m-m. In a voluntary exchange in a free market, who's using whom?

You may have nodded off somewhere?quite understandable--and missed a fundamental point. Or maybe it?s such an unlikely point to make here that it's like a pair of woman?s undies thrown in the drawer among your own, to be noticed only by accident as it were. (You're always glad your present GF/wife didn't happen upon those before you did, eh?)

I say that the purpose for which the average punter grants ?moments? to the average BG is not really to provide fun for the BG and a more interesting work environment for her.

Imagine: that punter entering SC and thinking to himself, ?How awfully sad. So many BG not having interesting and lively discussions with anyone such as myself and dreaming of being groped. Their problem is simply that they?re bored! How happy they?ll be when I arrive to entertain them with my wit, my charm, my knowledge of all things near and dear to them, my groping and giggling, and my handsome appearance. And as well how very generous of me?yes, wonderful wealthy me, a (white) foreigner who?s landed here in this benighted Third World country like Superman from the planet Krypton--so to liven up their boring lives merely from the goodness of my heart!? Yep, this is what the ladies came to a go-go to do: this is what they?re hoping for. And of course this is how our average punter thinks, heh, heh.

And then our punter goes on to buy lots of lady drinks to discover that the ladies are just so delighted with him that, miracle of miracles, they all want to jump into the sack with him right away, which is something that, well, when it comes down to it, not a lot of young farang ladies would like to do. Must be that Thai women are different?much more perceptive and genuine, not to mention hornier. Well, jump in the sack for an hour at least; a night will cost considerably more.

But . . . but . . . why would they wish to do that as soon as possible (consistent with politeness and good manners) without waiting for further highly entertaining ?moments? being so generously granted them by this handsome, witty, intelligent, charming old farang? Is it that they?ve become so horny in the course of being entertained that they just can?t restrain themselves? And?well, it?s just tragic, those countless occasions?so well-documented on our forums?when the lucky female recipients of unselfish attention, who had been so looking forward to that long-time private ?moment? in a hotel room--that moment so generously granted them--happen to remember, after only their first orgasm, that they?d made an appointment to change the baby?s nappy at 2 AM!

It would be enlightening, I think, for you to offer the BG various choices, such as:

(1) sit here and talk while I buy you lady drinks--or depart immediately together for a private room;

(2) sit here and talk to me exclusively while I buy you lady drinks but know that I?m not going ST or LT with you;

(3) accept from me the commission you?d normally make on my buying lady drinks for you without your having to listen to me.

I think if you do that then it will then be more evident for whom the ?moments? in the bar really are. You may then not be so certain about who?s self-centered and who isn?t.

suadum said:
ptyrider said:

[color:"blue"] suadum [/color] clucked:

Then I'll go back to my original statement, why go out at all? Or better, why go to a gogo bar? There are plenty of normal establishments in BKK where they could go, watch TV, sip a cup of coffee and not have to ignore girls wanting a drink nor be arsed with their inane prattle. But they choose to go to a gogo. So they are looking for something, na? But they are just too cheap or afraid to act on it.

SD

I go to a go-go to see women....I dont usually talk to them, I will buy a drink if asked cos thats the sort of guy I am, however, I dont usually want to make conversation in a go-go as I get fed up with the same question/answer routine, plus the music is usually too loud for me to hear their replies.

Also I already have a missus, she doesn't mind me going as long as its only to look. Am I tempted? yeah on occassions, but she knows she can trust me..... ::

so I'll agree with Mr. Newman...

monkey39 said:
monkey39 said:

To each his own, I guess, but if the last comment describes you, I genuinely pity you. I don't mean that in a condescending or negative way, but something must have seriously gone wrong in your life to reach this place. I've had my share of bad experiences with women, but I haven't let it sour me to the entire female species. As far as bargirls and gogo girls, yeah, they fuck for money, but I don't see that as a reason to treat them like a piece of shit - I can think of hundred better and more valid reasons for treating someone like the worthless fuck that they are :cussing: (male or female)!

Some of us go to thailand, not just for the nightlife, but the daytime activities too....I like LOS for the beaches, the people and the atmosphere, I'd be lying if I said I didnt' go for the nightlife too, but thats only part of it for me....

ptyrider said:

Oh, this is just hot air. You have no idea who is too cheap to buy what. Who's watching UBC in a go-go except Brits watching footie?

Damnd right too..... :D

doesn't matter where you are in the world, I still wanna follow my team....there's something quite nice about watching a match at 3am and getting back to the pad at 6am :D

sayjann said:

am already planning to ring the bell at 2 Bars i will be drinking in when i celebrate my Birthday at the end of this Month..........

Which bars are these and on which date will you be ringing the bells ?

Cheers

Cheap-Charlie.

Archived