quality

RE4CTOR

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jxxxl, on average I have six drinks on a night out. I'm quite a light weight when it comes to alcohol and prefer to stick to the soft drinks. I'm a vodka coke man if I do drink. I'm not intending to get pissed nor end up hyper with too much sugar in my system. I'm planning to find one girl for LT each night and I'm looking for value rather than just a looker.

As for venues, I'm going to stick to NEP until I get bored then try SC. I read that Nana disco is meant to be good for freelancers along with Gullivers, so I'll definetely give those places a look. And then there is sukhumvit road.

but I live by the adage: 'Fail to plan, plan to fail.'

Planning is best left for things like booking flights and hotels. If you expect your nightlife activities to go to "plan", you WILL be disappointed. Planning and sanuk don't mix - trust me on this. ;)

I agree with Zorro on selecting the girl - spend some time 'interviewing' her - still you never know.

As for budget, drinking is the biggest x factor, so if you limit yourself to six, and you're not generous with the lady drinks, you should be OK.

But Angel Witch is one of the last places I'd go looking for a reliable LT companion, especially on a budget.

RE4CTOR said:

USVirgin, where can I find a reliable LT that is also value for my money? I'm going to double my budget to 10,000 THB a day.

Just about anywhere, I suppose. The reason I said AW would be a bad choice is that it's a very popular bar. Some of the girls in demand can do a few short times a night and make good money. That's the way it was a year ago, I haven't been in Nana Plaza since.

My experience has been that most girls will stay LT whether agreed in advance or not. Get them really drunk and you can almost be sure of it. :drunk: Last week I barfined a girl as a favor for a friend. I told her she could stay in the bar, go home, do whatever she wanted, but she didn't have to stay with me. She stayed for a week and wouldn't leave, even when I kicked her out. ::

Remember, YOU are the ATM. ;)

Seriously, if you spend some time talking with the girl in the bar, she seems comfortable, and you agree to go LT, you shouldn't have any problems.

I did meet a chick last week who agreed to stay LT, then, once in my room, wouldn't take her clothes off, but you don't want to know about that. :o

If you can do it, the first full day you are there, stick 5000 baht in your wallet. Don't try to penny pinch, and don't try to splurge. I'll bet that it won't last all day, you might make it into the night, but I would guess, it won't last very long. Like U.S. Virgin said, you can't really plan on something like that. I have had nights there where 5000 baht would last, and nights where 5000 baht was spent in an hour or two. If I tried to budget myself, I seemed to not have a good as time as I should.

You mentioned 6 drinks, which isn't unreasonable. But I beleive cokes will cost about the same as a beer, probably a little cheaper. More then likely, you will be buying a few lady drinks. These girls are extremely good at getting the baht to come out of your wallet, than other bodily fluids coming out of your body. But thats part of the fun.

As others have probably said, Happy hours are good value. They usually end very early, but it can stretch the baht a bit.

There is no law that says you have to barfine a girl. Go grab a freelancer. Find one you like and don't be bashful about talking to her. Don't hesitate. You can be as up front to her as you want. Or any bargirl for that matter. I wouldn't try any of this on GTGirls. But just tell them what you want. If you want to stick it in their ass, ask them, no big deal. If you do find a freelancer you like, you might want to spend a couple of days with her, she will be a great tour guide, and you will save some baht by staying out of the bars for a day or 2.

If you are trying to budget 5000 baht a day sanuk, not including hotel, you probably won't do it in Bangkok barfining girls from the bars. Not saying it can't be done, but it will be hard.

You don't have to go around throwing away money at any and every girl that comes around with her legs spread open, and I don't recommend that either. But if you are stingy on the cash, the girls will pick up on this very easily, and you might as well find a new bar, so you have to atleast give them the look you aren't afraid to spend some money.

I am by no means an expert, but no where near a novice also. I have been going to LOS since 1993. So I am offering a few bits of advice. One thing is for sure, my life has not been te same since 1993.

ZMAN Z28

Well, if you're not a big drinker and you want to do gogo bars, you should be able to do fine on 5kb/day. You can get a decent room for 1K and eat on the cheap which should leave you about 3K for playing.

In terms of value, just be sure you have a good understanding before you leave a bar. There are some very informative threads on this board on how to get the best value so do your reading.

I think the general concensus is that NP pretty poor value compared to other venues.

farangman said:

Enquiring minds and all that!! The lesbian or her friend??

Her friend. I had no interest in the lesbian (not that I knew she was a lesbian, at the time).

I feel uncomfortable revealing the whole embarassing story here. After all, I'm giving advice in this thread. :footinmou

Suffice to say that Throbb was telling me the following day, "Dude, anyone who was there could see that it was just NOT ON with those two." Anyone but me, apparently. :drunk:

Now, I recall our friend, who spoke with them in bargirl Thai, telling me that one of the girls was a lesbian. Fine. But what he did not tell me was that the other one told him, "If you are going to speak with me like that, then we have a problem." That might have provided a clue that her self image and profession didn't quite match, or that she was a con artist. :rolleyes:

I have one of those Polaroids of the three of us, taken at the Dollhouse. My arm's around the friend, she's leaning away from me, with her arm around the lesbian, and the lesbian's got her arms folded and has her nose up in the air. I guess Throbb was right; body language and all that. :(

Anyway, it all turned out for the better. After the underwear under the towel act, I asked her to leave (Near tears, can you believe it? What was she thinking, for 4K?), and called the WOTW (wife of the week), who had been awaiting my call for 9 hours, to come over.

She agreed, bitchingly, and after a half hour of questioning and going through my (deleted) phone records, everything was cool. Better than ever, really. ::

Or...suffice to say what both Throbb and Gringo blurted out at the same time at breakfast the following afternoon, "Every trip is a first trip, for YOU."

Now, fuck off and leave me alone. I'm giving advice here. ::

Archived