interesting read

thai3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"But that's not nice to speak of OH like this, PR . His backpack doesn't count as a hunch ."

P127, do you think you could stop picking on OH? It's getting rather boring and has long stopped being funny.

Sanuk!

Thanks for this post !

I was really wondering if I was the only one noticing this.

BB

<<The crack down in LOS was generally moaned about as a bad thing spoiling nightlife, but it seems to have been efective at minimising underage prostitiution.>>

Err - I think that was exactly my point, and the same has happened in Cambo

<<Crackdowns in K11 were also reported on boards like this as a bad thing, are you suggesting it was otherwise?>>

Yes I am, I am suggesting that cracking down on places that offer underage is a GOOD THING, are you suggesting otherwise yourself?

<<I have not been there for 3 years>>

So how valid is this post of yours then? I had visitors from Overseas, last here in 1999, and wanting to see the dart show in Long Gun, refused to believe me it wasn;t there anymore. Surely your not so naive to fall in the same trap>

<<If this puts off normal tourists that's probably a helpfull thing, >>

How is that helpful? If some kid can make money from polishing shoes instead of getting abused I think thats a good thing, or don;t you?

I stand by my comments, going around saying its heaven for pedo's, will only serve to attract them, going there and supporting legitimate tourism, and the odd whore (I like a odd whore) will support those industries, and hopefully with governmentintervention stop what was happening.

I avoidedd weighing in on the Cambo stuff as I haadn;t been there for years, I suggest you do the same, GO THERE, take the new wife to be, and then come back and make the claims and I;ll respect your opinion more.

DOG

Time to tell us what you think. Do you feel OH is being picked on or is it just harmless ribbing? Where precisely do the parameters lie? Group hug time people. :)

(I'll admit to doing a bit of teasing myself. Sorry if I upset you at all OH)

Hi!

Has any reader of this board been solicited in Thailand for underaged prostitutes in the last 5 years or so?

Yes it has happened to me on a number occasions by street touts on the side sois off Sukhumvit. The offer was always young ladies. As I was not interested and did not pursue the matter I can't tell you what age group the aforementioned young ladiess were in. I am however convinced that they were underage as these offer always came after I had turned down offers of massage, ladies etc.

regards

ALHOLK

Only went to the shitty walkabout in the day where upon the owner attacked my taxi driver so I left, very unpleasant and he is lucky nothing has happened to him if still the same bloke. Taxi drivers crime was to step inside the boundery.

Why is it people seem so desperate to minimise the underage scene in cambo? I cannot prove it anymore than it's fans can disprove the amount, but to more or less say it's OK cos it goes on in other places seems an odd attitude to take. -peter

Today this article was in the daily mail, double page spread and I think longer. His name is Alex and lives on soi 4 with his 'fierce scottish wife' the wife seems to have a habit of standing in a sex tourist's way so they have to walk in the road, then they wonder why they encounter the odd bit of unpleasantness. Alex and his rottwiller also sit at 'decent' bars on soi 4 sometimes and slag off the passing blokes with niceties like how old is she? or you ought to be arrested. Don't have the paper in front of me the that's the jist of it. He goes into chasing the car with the young girl in who could well have been 18 anyway for all he knows. If they hate it so much why the hell live there???? The pic in the paper is of a bloke in Pattaya with a 'young girl' hinting that she might be under age, she looks at least 30 :D Can only help the thai tourist trade I should think.

LH why not write a shock horror article on girls being exploited for cheap sex in cambo with all sorts of naughty goins on discovered in flamingos and submit to the news of the world?- should see bookings perk up :) :) :)-peter

P127, do you think you could stop picking on OH? It's getting rather boring and has long stopped being funny.

-------------------------

Sorry. wasn't meant as a put down, PR, OH and I have met a few times together, and i always forget that jokes that may suit such informal meetings do not carry over so well here.

<<Why is it people seem so desperate to minimise the underage scene in cambo? I cannot prove it anymore than it's fans can disprove the amount, but to more or less say it's OK cos it goes on in other places seems an odd attitude to take.>>

I have seen no evidence of that there - show me who here is defending underage? Who is saying its "OK" who are the fans you refer too?

Sorry if I am harping on but I want it to be clear, not vague, who you have a gripe with about this.

DOG

?Never 'little' but everyone knows there were girls around 13-15 in a go go's until the crack down, maybe still but less obvious. However, nothing like Cambo where it's much more obvious, was offered 12 year olds in K11, but found the place so unpleasant just had a drink. Cambo is the place for kids and pedos, I see none seem to post on here any longer.?

Based on my recent visits to Phnom Penh, it?s not ?obvious?, or even noticeable in the bars most farangs frequent. I can?t speak for the thousands of small karaoke/entertainment shops, but I doubt what you?ll find in Cambo differs significantly from similar establishments in Thailand and other SE Asian countries.

Regarding your last sentence, do I misunderstand, or are you saying kids and pedos used to post on NP.com? News to me.

?K11 was not the only place full of underage kids, lots of bars in PP provide the same sort of girls, or has martinis closed as well? Why people are so desperate to defend the indefensible I can only wonder at. The crack down in LOS was generally moaned about as a bad thing spoiling nightlife, but it seems to have been efective at minimising underage prostitiution.Crackdowns in K11 were also reported on boards like this as a bad thing, are you suggesting it was otherwise? I have not been there for 3 years so only go on what I hear and this only makes me feel that cambo is still HQ for underage sex. If this puts off normal tourists that's probably a helpfull thing, pedos don't need any encouraging.I never saw underage kids in sharkies either, walkabout is a hotel not really a place for picking up whores-peter?

Given that your statements are not based on your personal observations, whoever is feeding you this info (?so only go on what I hear?) must have some personal biases as many of these observations are patently incorrect. Regarding the Walkabout Hotel, it is clearly a place for picking up working ladies 24 hours a day. I would venture the hotel collects more revenue from the use of ST rooms than from customers actually sleeping there.

?Why is it people seem so desperate to minimise the underage scene in cambo? I cannot prove it anymore than it's fans can disprove the amount, but to more or less say it's OK cos it goes on in other places seems an odd attitude to take. -peter?

I?ve seen noone defend the ?underage scene? in this thread or even the whole website. I doubt it would be tolerated. Unfortunately, this scene exists to some extent in every country, rich or poor. Cambodia, like all countries, has its good and bad attributes. It serves noone to write negative information regarding the country based on questionable sources.

Archived