Good farang eats around Nana

khwaimaisabai

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good choices Mentors.

I am a big fan of the Egyptian place on the first sub soi of Soi 3 coming from Suk on the right -- the chrome/mirrored place. Moody's Lebanese nearby Gullible's is good too. Sit on the 2nd floor balcony and flirt with the Japanese hostess bar gals down below. Love that garlic hummus, but you're not to socially acceptable after eating that LOL!

The Roadhouse beer bar in the NEP car park has great greasy burgers for when you are feeling just a bit too healthy.

Bus Stop just is not very good food IMHO. Jools beats it hands down (but the scenery is better at Bus Stop). And yes, Big Dave is still the guv'ner there. Winking Frog is still next door the BG7, but I have never eaten there.

And let's not forget the SteakHouse at the JW Marriott!

Cheers,

SD

SD,

Tried Livingstone's on Soi 33 for the first time last night with the wife. They had just finished sanding the floor of the interior dining room so we had to eat outside by the pool. Might have been nice if it wasn't so hot and muggy. The wife complained the whole time and said if she was going to pay 500B for a steak, she had better be able to eat it in comfort. I tried the Ostritch kebabs just for the novelty. Not sure if that's what they actually served, but it tasted pretty much like beef to me. The wife's tenderloin was quite good and I ended up eating half of it becuase she was so miserable.

Steak One on Soi 4 actually has an edible tenderloin for 280B. We eat there often.

Ranger

Walk down Soi 4 from Sukhumvit, it is passed the Rah-Jah hotel, on your right side...look for a stone wall with an Iron Gate with cute girls in what appear to be Sigapore airline hostess uniforms...and a chaulk board with specials on it...

Archived