best Indian?

Dude_Le_Rude

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If price is not a major concern I think that the Rang Mahal in the Rembrandt is the best. Hazara in the Face Complex is very nice too and some of the dishes there, like the Mutton Biryani are better than the Rang Mahal. The dishes at the Rang Mahal and are exqisite and very tasty. The service is also extremely good. Most nights I have been there, there is live Indain Music playing. The view from the 36th floor is fantastic too.

The Hazara is also a beautiful restaurant in the Face Complex on Soi 38 (just behind the Coliseum). The decor of Hazar, the Thai restauant (Lana Tai I beieve) and the Face bar is really beautiful. You would swear it had been around for centuries but they built it from scratch about 2 years ago.

The food at Hazara comes spicy hot (every dish we tried and we didn't order vindaloo) The only complaint here was that the roti we ordered was not real roti like I'm used to and like the Rang Mahal serves. The Chiken Tikka was different too and quite spicy hot. 2 different styles of Indian food between Rang Mahal and Hazara but both highly recommended by me and my friends and both are worth checking out just for the ambience of the places.

I have eaten at Bukhara many times and it is good. My friends and I used to try a place on Soi 8 (MaharajaI beleive), but I haven't seen it around lately, might have ghon the way of the dodo. I have 2 friends that have gone to Mrs. Bulbirs and they both got sick so I haev avoided that one even though othere have recommended. I went to Dosa King on Soi 19 and was thoroughly un-impressed, maybe I just don't like Dosas.

Cafe India opposite the Trocadero Hotel on Surawong, near New Road (Charoen Krung) end.

Also 2 side by side in a small Soi off Sukhumvit Soi 11, on the left as you walk from Sukhumvit; one called Moghul, the other I can't remember the name of.

Rang Mahal in the Rembrandt as previously mentioned is also excellent if rather expensive - they have a good Buffet on Sundays too.

• 4 months later...
suadum said:

Raj Mahal (in the Rembradt) and Himali Cha Cha (on Suk Soi 35) are excellent too. And if money is no object, Hazara in The Face Bar complex (Suk Soi 36) is top notch as well!

I think SD or someone else reported that the Himali Cha Cha on Sukh Soi 35 has been closed. However, the waitress as their Soi Convent location told me that there is another branch near Hoten Olienten (that's Hotel Oriental).

The business card indicates it is inside a soi off Charoenkrung Rd between Suriwong and Silom roads. The opposite side of Charoenkrung Rd has Sois 36 and 38, with Olienten on Soi 38. Phone 02/235-1569, 02/630-6358.

Fatbastard,

Have not eaten at that one, but don't tell anyone about this place. It is called the Red Fort, also know as Red Fortress and is located directly opposite of the Imperial Queen's Park on Soi 22 on the 2nd floor of the shophouse, right next to a Thai Massage place.

Quality and presentation are on par with Rang Mahal, but service is not yet there. Still fairly new and doesn't get much traffic, but can be pretty full.

Archived