best Indian?

Dude_Le_Rude

any best Indian places??

one place that is pretty good is Akbar, Soi 3.

one thing I loved about that place... I stumbled in late at night, and they let me do a take out order of nan. I just had a craving for nan. no side dish -nothing else. just nan. cool owner / manager to let a drunken stumble bum like me get that tasty bread when I really needed it!

Peace!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some left overs from a place on Soi 12, but don't kbnow the name... Was o.k... Frankly, I have to really be in the mood for Indian, and I find the heat in BKK makes eating Indian a little less than enjoyable, makes me feel bloated and yechy...

Hi dude,

The best I found in five years in BK was at The Rembrandt Hotel - Manghal, I think. Not cheap, but very good. Suk Soi 18.

Novotel in Soi 33 also has one that used to supply The Londoner for its curry nights, and the food was good - never been to the actual restaurant though.

Khwai

Last trip I had a couple of good meals at the Indian located next to the Footbridge on Sukhumvit near Soi 9.

Been walking past the place for years as given it's location and that it looks smart I had always assumed it would be wildly expensive, but was actually very reasonable and the food was good (to my UK tastes anyway!). I liked the fact that the chicken did not include lots of unedible (to me) scrawny shitty bits - if it was chicken of course!

I am sure their are cheaper (and better places) out there, but it is very conveniant for me, enroute from Hotel to NEP etc! - will definately go back next trip.

Regarding the Indian on Soi3, (coming from the Nana side) is that the one lcoated on the opposite side of the road to Grace (although well before) and on the same side and just before the Soi 3 Beer Bars? I think it has a couple of large Animal statues outside (Lions or Elephants - anatomically correct!)?

I like drinking in Soi 3 - be nice to know it's a decent enough and freindly place.

The one (Tandoor I think) in the Crown Holiday Inn on Silom is good too and has a romantic atmosphere, yet is not cheap. I keep good souvenirs of this place, maybe because of the girl (sales manager in Chateau de Bangkok) I invited there for her birthday, who, to prove her gratitude, gave me a unforgetable BBBJ in her car before leaving the hotel's parking :p.

Also I've always been a fan of Hazara in Jakarta, which has now a branch in Bangkok. Didn't make it yet in Thailand, but if the food's quality and the atmosphere are the same than in the original location, it's a highly recommanded place.

::

i have tried several indian restaurants in BKK also some of the mentioned above. and i can compare as i have been in india at several locations extensively. i actually learned to like indian cuisine in india and not at the many very mediocre indian restaurants in BKK

for me the best in BKK is Himali Cha Cha; there are 2 branches. i have written a review in the review system on this board.

Archived