Your Thai wife in Thailand at the moment?

khunsanuk

Good question trying to find reasoning behind how treating children so badly as to leaving them behind as part of the plot!

One reason might be that child is not really considered hers as her family is & has all the time been back home in LOS. The father is just a mean to an end, so thus merely delivering the baby would have to mean nothing to her even obviously it must by pretty tough going, but hey been there done that becomes old na!

As to reason behind telling stuff like this to total strangers. Hmm apart from obvious showing off stuff it could also perhaps be kinda desperate cry for help as she may not really feel too happy deep inside about this, but ain't strong enough to get out of it & thus I really pity them more than disgust their behaviour.

Thanks for relaying KS I'll consider it a warning ::

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

My wife hears all kinds of these types of stories while at the beauty parlor (where she seems to spend any non-shopping hours while in BKK). Not just at bargirl beauty parlors either, but more often at the upscale places (better place to show off that you have money). Seems once one girl starts with a story, the others all try and top it. You only have 2 sponsors? I have 3!. Your Farang bought you a 1 million Baht house? Mine cost 2 million! Only 5 Baht of gold? I have 10! Most of these women aren't or wern't bargirls either.

Ranger

Damn scary stuff ranger!! whats wrong with this countrys chicks & why do we feel so intrigued to them?

I give up or are we just talking about the 'few' bad apples out here ;)

Surely some decent TG would be unable to produce a story like that or god forbid 'lie' as to impress :o

"I would love to hear a few stories about these 50/50's who grow up in Farangland and whether they know their mama's full story"

Here is one: mom has been living in Germany for almost 20 years, she has a German husband and a German boyfriend, both sponsor her. Her daughter moved to Germany at the age of 6, she is now 22, she can speak the slang of the slums of Korat and Pattaya (learned it from mom), but she cannot speak Central Thai or express herself in decent language, she cannot read or write Thai. Mom works as a toilet cleaner, daughter sells clothes for 500 Euro a month. She has a Turkish bf in Germany (ie lower class). They come to Thailand once a year or less often to show off their wealth. Eg daughter tells everybody here that she bought a new car (of course she would never do something as obscene as buying a used car) for 5500 Euro and everybody is duely impressed. They stay here for 3 weeks, throw around their money, and leave. They travel in style, of course, TG non stop, not some Arab airline like a poor farang would do it. Daughter had a nosejob in Yanhee - she is so little integrated in Germany that she doesn't realize her Isarn nose is not considered ugly there. Daughter advised my gf not to waste her time with a farang, she should go for Japanese, they have more money.

This girl belongs to the lowest fringes of German society, but still manages to show off in Thailand and to talk like she could aim at the highest possible level. Just like many BGs.

It seems to me that Isarn whores (sorry, I just cannot think of a PC expression) take their mentality with them when they move abroad - and their offspring learns from them.

"Germany, Norway, Australia more than American men or any other countries though, wonder why!"

Interpersonal relations in American society are based on adversity. Americans are much more hardened, cynical and distrustful than Germans or Norwegians. European societies (and Japan, of course) are much less based on the feeling that you should get ahead of others, and that the others are basically your enemy (the PC expressions for this are "competitive" and "individualistic"), there is much more trust in European societies. This makes people vulnerable.

You probably remember why all Japanese now know the word "freeze" (I know it for the same reason) or the story of the Danish mother whose baby was taken away from her in NYC because she left it outside the restaurant. A very different level of general trust in different societies.

ib13 said:

Damn scary stuff ranger!! whats wrong with this countrys chicks & why do we feel so intrigued to them?

I give up or are we just talking about the 'few' bad apples out here ;)

Surely some decent TG would be unable to produce a story like that or god forbid 'lie' as to impress :o

I hear these stories all the time and am lowering my opinion on thai people constantly.

The gf often reminds me she is not "one of them", luckily for me, but I no longer have this "warm fuzzy feeling" meeting other thais on the streets. BG's for fun, yes, normal TG's? No thanks, I pass.

Something is defitely wrong with them.

Guest lazyphil

I've heard of some mean little stunts pulled from a variety of TG's of all denominations, it makes me want to puke. I dont know who some of them think they're. The Queen of fucking Sheba?

[color:"blue"] As it seems you are thai-born, could you answer me about this question please?

What is the moral/cultural attitude in Thailand about kids?

I mean for the majority of people.

thanks for your answer

[/color]

My friend, I can only state my observation and feelings ok? I was brought up in a family who feels that kids are the most important factor. My parents sacrificed for our schools and well being and my brother is doing the same thing for his 2 kids and most families I have seen are such.

However, I have also seen many families who feel that the kids are thier investment for the future and expect the kids to "pay back" to parents as soon as they can work.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] As to reason behind telling stuff like this to total strangers. Hmm apart from obvious showing off stuff it could also perhaps be kinda desperate cry for help as she may not really feel too happy deep inside about this, but ain't strong enough to get out of it & thus I really pity them more than disgust their behaviour.

[/color]

Good analysis. :hug: I don't know about desparate cry for help though. :(

Jasmine

Archived