Your Thai wife in Thailand at the moment?

khunsanuk

<<However, I have also seen many families who feel that the kids are thier investment for the future and expect the kids to "pay back" to parents as soon as they can work.>>

Maybe I was born to blonde blue eyed thais - but I also think a families stregth lies in it's strong ethic to work and pay back to the family hen in need.

Too many times I see western families who are no where as strong as thai families, makes me sad to be honest

DOG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood why TGs would divulge such details to what are total strangers

------------------------------------

I think you hit it on the nail. They do it, because what they do is normal self-serving behaviour to brag about, in their eyes. Some are like that, some not, and the ones who are are not trying to hide it that much, as it is an intrinsec trait, IMO.

i do not see why we have to put them all in the same bag. There are very happily married members here.

I frankly doubt that she is a good woman in farangland, then a bad one back in LOS. The guy married a woman, either accepting who she is, or blind to the truth, which all his friends and family, I am sure, can see.

I could never grasp what it was all about, gossip, bravado, competitiveness amongst a group of ex bar girls, catharsis??

------------------------------------------------------

I may have missed something, KS didn't say if she was an ex-BG. IMO, what you say can fit "GTGs" as well. Jasmine has often commented on this type of individuals she knows in her neck of the wood

edit:oops, just saw she did again. Thanks Jas!

[color:"blue"] Maybe I was born to blonde blue eyed thais - but I also think a families stregth lies in it's strong ethic to work and pay back to the family hen in need.

[/color]

"Investment" in this case is more like "Indentured" for life ND. Look at several people who leave home at 14-15 and all they do is work to send money to the parents and many lazy siblings forever. How many of them who send home the money and still are under pressure to send more when many of their brothers are just sitting on their arses? (Don't get me started on this issue), sorry.

Helping parents is a good thing and I am still waiting for my daughter to do it :) Hubby and I have helped our parents on both sides, however, none of parents were just sitting around waiting for the money like the ones I have seen in Thailand. :(

Jasmine

[color:"blue"] i do not see why we have to put them all in the same bag. There are very happily married members here.

[/color]

For what I have read, they are not put in the same bag P127 but how many normal people would go around and talk like that?

That is all I need to hear, a normal person who falls in love with a Brit, American, German or whoever, go to talk in a hair shop that she just marry him for money and will leave him one day to go back to the Thai husband. ::

When I heard similar talk, 100% of these women have prostitution background.

Mind you, not bashing them here, some of the women have to take care of those men who roam Thailand with the pants zippers open. :o

Jasmine

Hi,

"When I heard similar talk, 100% of these women have prostitution background."

No clue if this fits the girl in my wife's shop as I didn't see her and my wife didn't say, but I know at least one girl with a non-prostitute background who I seriously expect intends to do exactly this to the guy she married.

Sanuk!

but how many normal people would go around and talk like that?

----------------------------

well, i did not say that she was normal, jas, i said it's normal for this type of girl to assume she is doing the right thing for herself, and pouts around about it.

IME, and a few here i am sure, when a thai woman strayed in our circle of friends, the grapevine was buzzing at high decibels. So, if it's supposed to be kept a secret, they do a bad job of keeping it.

That's my opinion, if you use your head and add 1+1, it may not reveal itself overnight, but there is very little mistery that will escape you concerning how a thai woman is wronging you.

Problem is, everyone here will tell you it's next to impossible to have a guy face the music and get some sense about what his wife is doing behind his back. Especially if it's none of your business, which he may very well tell you.

As for 100% prostitutes, all i can say is the word gold-digger was not coined in relation to prostitutes.

May I precise that money hungry women (and men ) are everywhere.....

:cussing:

When I mean money hungry these are people trying to make money (and usually spend it as fast as it is "gained")

by all means possible, usually cheating etc......

So remember that Thailand is a less wealthy country that yours

(except if you come from lesotho or somalia) so do not be surprised that there are slightly more locals looking after you wallet.

Just to say, I have a cousin who married a girl

(beautiful, educated etc.....) and she divorced 1 month after the marriage => she got half his savings, the house, the 2 cars....

and she was not a BG

Now think about women selling their bodies to make a living

Do you think they are the red-cross?

No

If they can get some money they will (though not all are ready to be totally dishonnest)

my 2 satangs and my morning contribution

:beer:

"How many of them who send home the money and still are under pressure to send more when many of their brothers are just sitting on their arses? (Don't get me started on this issue), sorry."

Yes Something that really peeves me off too, I have had first hand experience wieth this, and could recount many examples that I have witnessed, and it is something that niggles me so so much.

Archived