True ADSL problem?

Anyone else having an issue? I seem to be getting kicked off after being on for about 10 seconds. The router automatically resigns me on, but it is an endless loop. I have rebooted both the router and confuster, but no help. Anybody else having this issue or have a solution before I venture into the black hole of True customer service?

Off to Larry's Dive to get some work done (they have free WiFi)...

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I was afraid of! Should I reload the True software and try the old modem first? Or should this NOT be a hardware (on my end) problem?

Access via Larry's Dive internet is cool...I can eat and drink and work undisturbed.

Cheers,

SD

What I heard a long time ago was that their equipment wasn't very reliable and they were putting too many customers on their infrastructure. That's why each consumer's throughput was very low at peak times.

I'v used KSC ADSL since they first came out. A bit more expensive but very reliable, great throughput (almost always equal to the stated maximum speed that I signed up for), and good service. (Excellent by Thailand standards.)

I think they now also offer a cheaper service that is equivalent to True's where the throughput is not always equal to the maximum capability.

Hate to be the bug in everyone's ointment, but I've hardly had any problems with True (though they did cut service for 30 minutes starting at about 4am Monday morning (Sunday night) without any notice...

Your router is most likely not set 100% properly and is acting up when not getting 100% perfect responses.

Might be your MRU's. Make sure it's set to 1492.

Might look in your router's log to see what it is saying when it's logging you off.

If your modem is working, you could pass me your router and I could test it at my house on my setup for a day or too as well.

<<burp>>

Archived