White-faced refugees from Islam

Chlp

Guest lazyphil

My cousin when a Royal Marine on leave from Belize in Florida nearly ended up marrying a 'very' religious girl from Alabama he met, raised more eyebrows than my escapades in los, why?....she was tee total(and expected him to be also ::), unheard of in my family!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
paul101 said:

You were right our phil, Moslem traders were dealing in slaves from east africa long before europeans were on the opposite coast. Slavery is condoned in the koran (people of the right hand) and the only countries where it is still tolerated today are islamic countries such as Niger where it is so ingrained that anti slavery laws have made little difference.

Hmmm, and your point is??? There are illegal slaves in Europe and the US too.

BTW, so does the Bible. Condone slavery, that is: Leviticus 25:44-46 "Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession. And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever."

Lovely website you have there. About as biased and hate mongering as you can get. I could create the same thing for Xtians if I so wanted by listing any violent act committed in a Xtian nation as a religious thing (but I know that that is as faulty as your link). But I expect no less from you.

SD

Oh, Lord ... I've lived in Alabama. Was she Southern Baptist or Church of Christ?

Bad enough when English granddad married an American tea totaller. He'd try to sneak off to the pub periodicaly, creeping past the window. My mother tells me he'd almost always be spotted ... and hear those words, "I see you out there, Charlie S-----." He'd stand up, curse under his breath and come back into the house. And that was in reasonably sane northern Ohio, where there was a big English "colony".

paul101 said:

'The Qur'an prescribes a humanitarian approach to slavery'

Something of a contradiction surely, and not much evidence to support the claim.

Of course you would not know just what the Quran says would you? I thought so.

4:36 "(Show) kindness unto parents, and unto near kindred, and orphans, and the needy, and unto the neighbour who is of kin (unto you) and the neighbour who is not of kin, and the fellow-traveller and the wayfarer and (the slaves) whom your right hands possess."

If you so adamently believe in the bad that it contains, then by logic, you have to believe in the good as well...for just like the Bible, one cannot cherry-pick verses with which they agree and skip the rest. It's all or nothing baby!

SD

That website is biased but I cannot find anything which is untrue, if you ignore the opinions it's mostly reporting events day by day. Slaves in europe and america where? I assume you mean the underground sex slave business which is not the same thing at all as the widespread pratice of slavery in a country like Niger. BTW I think you'll find Jesus did not own slaves nor did his followers.

paul101 said:

BTW I think you'll find Jesus did not own slaves nor did his followers.

Think again. Lots of slavery in the New Testament as well. Of course Jesus did not own slaves. He was a bum who wandered around and did tasks for money, similar to your average 1970s hippie trail backpacker. No talking bad about slavery that I can find. How you any proof verses for me?

Eph.6:5

Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God.

Col.3:22

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ.

1 Tim.6:1-5

Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their masters worthy of all honor, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort. If any man teach otherwise ... he is proud, knowing nothing.... From such withdraw thyself.

SD

Archived