White-faced refugees from Islam

Chlp

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STDAY3 said:

Hi Chuckwoww,

Still working here.. Tribal lines etc. are a societal thing.

They are Muslim before they are anything else.

Tks

Ste

Rubbish. Some muslims are very religious. Some are secular. They can't even agree about which mosque to pray in. Darn right it's a societal thing....the family and tribe come first.

No Problems.....

Next time I am in Thailand I will PM you.... I am hoping its going to be December.

I work in Saudi and Live in Bahrain.

All the bars have been shut during Ramadan in Bahrain and as you know they don't exist in Saudi.

So more than anything I will look forward to that Beer

Tks

Ste :)

STDAY3 said:

No Problems.....

Next time I am in Thailand I will PM you.... I am hoping its going to be December.

I work in Saudi and Live in Bahrain.

All the bars have been shut during Ramadan in Bahrain and as you know they don't exist in Saudi.

So more than anything I will look forward to that Beer

Tks

Ste :)

Sounds like you're only there for the money. :)

I have studied hinduism and had an indian guru in 1973. I have never heard of hindus routinely killing hindus of a different caste, and anyway it's a bit of a desperate defence of the terrible shortcomings of islam to start and point the finger at far lesser ones in other belief systems. Humans sadly do not live up to the wisdom of the teachings of the great relgions, unfortunately it's much easier to live up to the teachings of a certain 8th centuary person whose example was so far from religious. If I had to pick a guru or phrophet who lived a spititual life and who preached wisdom and love he would be at the bottom of the list, at the top I think I'd place guru nanak or yogananda paramhansa.

Ah, Yogananda ... fascinating man and always a good read.

The difficulty with Islam is that the Qu'ran reflects the situation in the 7th Century A.D. Muhammad was fighting for his life against first the Meccas, and later against others. At that time numerous Arabic tribes had adopted Judaism, and Muhammad saw them as the main threat to his own religion. Thus Jews are named in the Qu'ran as the enemy, with the result that loonies like the current president of Iran still take him at his word. In one Sura Muhammad said that Muslims' "worst enemies" were the Jews, and their best friends would be "those called Christians". But once Muhammad had consolidated his power, he instructed Muslims to avoid contact with Christians too.

There are moderate sections in the Qu'ran where Muhammad said things such as that Allah had revealed Himself at different times to different people in different ways. Thus there was some good in all religions. But the fanatics prefer to ignore that and follow the "kill your enemies" parts instead.

paul101 said:

But it remains a fact that this is the only religion whose holy book instructs the faithfull to kill those who do not believe, and not to mix with them.

P., no matter what handle you use you are still the same ignorant, arrogant racist at heart. Your contention is patently untrue. You obviously have never read a Bible if you think that! Maybe you should stick to morlam because you *are* an authority on that.

Let's cherry pick a few passages, shall we:

God tells the Israelites to "chase" their enemies and make them "fall before you by the sword." He figures five of the Israelites will be able to "chase" a hundred of their enemies, and a hundred will be able to "put ten thousand to flight." Leviticus 26:7-8

God delivers the Amorites into Moses' hands. (You're in God hands with Moses.) So Moses does the usual thing, killing everyone "until their was none left alive." Leviticus 21:34-35

God's people will kill like a lion and then "drink the blood of the slain." Leviticus 23:24

God, who is as strong as a unicorn, will eat up the nations, break their bones, and then pierce them through with his arrows. What a guy! Leviticus 24:8

"The Lord destroyed them before them" -- the general treatment of the people who were supposedly displaced by the Israelites. Deuteronomy 2:21-22

All nations shall be terrorized by the followers of Yahweh. Deuteronomy 2:25

If you worship the wrong god, God will get jealous and kill you. Deuteronomy 6:15

Kill those of other faiths. Deuteronomy 12:30

If your brother, son, daughter, wife, or friend tries to get you to worship another god, "thou shalt surely kill him, thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death." Deuteronomy 13:6-10

If you hear of a city where another god is worshiped, then destroy everyone in the city (even the cattle) and burn it down. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious beliefs that are different from your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Anyone who will not listen to a priest or a judge must be executed. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

After Joshua kills all the inhabitants of Ai, burns their city, and hangs their king on a tree, he kills some animals and burns them as a "peace offering" to his warlike God. Joshua 8:31

Joshua, at God's command, kills everyone and everything that he can find (including babies and little children)-- or, as the Bible puts it, he "utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord commanded." Joshua 10:28-32

"The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them." If God doesn't like you, he'll send a thunderstorm your way to break your body into little pieces. 1 Samuel 2:10

God instructs the the Israelites, through the prophet Elisha, to implement a scorched earth policy on the Moabites. "Strike every fortified city and every choice city, and fell every good tree and stop all springs of water, and mar every good piece of land with stones." 2 Kings 3:19-25

God sent lions to devour the foreigners in Samaria because "they feared not the Lord," and even worse "they knew not the manner of the God of the land." Well that'll teach them about God's manners, eh? 2 Kings 17:25-26

Whoever that does not seek the God of Israel should be executed. 2 Chronicles 15:13

That's enough to make my point. Can you support yours with a few choice passages? Or ar you basing what you say on hearsay? I am not saying that the Koran is not violent, but do you know what it says?

Ya see, the reason I AM an atheist is because I have read the Bible cover to cover and spent my early years in church!

Regards,

SD

Archived