White-faced refugees from Islam

Chlp

Hi!

The situation in France has been extensively reported here in Sweden. Also it is similar here, just not as bad yet. It still does not contradict my claim that all terrorists are not muslims. Christian fanatics are just as bad and at least as violent.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was an instructor with the US Army from 1990 to '95. Believe me, the military at that time was actively discouraging enlistments -- or at least discouraging military careers. Congress cut the pension after 20 years of active duty from 50% down to 40% of one's pay. Junior officers and junior NCOs were offered sizeable cash bonuses if they would leave the service. Recruiting sergeants also told me they were instructed not even to mention career to potential enlistees. They were to tell them about the training they could receive, money they could get for university study etc.

With Bush's foreign adventures, I'll bet all of that has changed. Some politicians have even hinted at bringing back conscription, which would be suicide for the government that does it!

p.s. Male US citizens do still have to register for conscription when they reach 18.

ALHOLK said:

It still does not contradict my claim that all terrorists are not muslims. Christian fanatics are just as bad and at least as violent.

Technically, the first statement is true. It's just that on a world-wide scale, most of the terrorists are Muslim and it's easy to lose sight of the fact that there might, just might, be an occasional terrorist who is not a Muslim.

But can you please enlighten us about the Christian terrorists and their horrible deeds that are more violent than flying civilian airplanes into buildings, beheading teenage girls, executing Buddhist monks and teachers, and similar pastimes favored by the militant Muslims around the globe.

One more thing. I am not a Christian. But I am completely puzzled why some people seem to be possessed by this irrational hatred of Christianity. OK, I could understand if someone had been buttfucked as a kid by a Catholic priest or something of that nature, but short of that this is just too bizzare...

But I am completely puzzled why some people seem to be possessed by this irrational hatred of Christianity

I will answer in the spirit of attempting to promote inter religious harmony and understanding ::

Whilst I would hesitate to brand anyone here "christian" (especially myself being C of E, which is British for N/a) or try and speak for anyone but myself, I guess that coming from countries which were at one time controlled by Christian morons we are aware of our own histories and the stuff that religious nutters get up to when given even a sniff of power............ and have no desire to head back into the dark ages, after centuries of struggle through to the age of reason.

And I guess it is also the feeling that the Christian nutters are "our" responsibility to deal with. For me a hatred of Christianity is not irrational in any way shape or form.

Knowing ones history might be called "old" Europe to some :D :D :D

Flashermac said:

Because Christianity says people have to pay for their sins. That upsets a lot of sinners. (Well, Judaism, Buddhism and Islam say the same thing too, but most posters here were raised as Christians.)

I understand what you're saying, I have been raised a Catholic myself. Yet, I don't harbor any hatred towards Catholics (or Christians in general). And I certainly don't get upset over their beliefs regarding sin. It's their prerogative to believe whatever they want, as long as they don't hold any power over me. Which they don't.

Which is clearly not the case with the Christian-haters, who act like a bunch rebellious prepubescents and cook up the most absurd claims.

Ah, but the problem is that they DO hold power over you and I (assuming you are from the US).

Take Kansas and their decision to invoke religion over science in public schools. How about the fact that the GOP put extraneous ballot initiatives (the gay marriage thing -- extraneous because no state that had it on the ballot had legalized gay marriage) to incite "true believers" to come out and vote? And how about at least two generals leading troops in Iraq rallying troops with a "our God is right, their's is wrong so we will win" speeches? Are you happy that they are doing that in your name??? How about the zealousness of the anti-choice people, universally Xian, up to enticing violence and antisocial behaviour? What about attempting to force Terri Schiavo's family to keep her alive as a vegetable?

Those are all examples of Xtians forcing their beliefs on the population as a whole.

Now, I am a believer in the following essay by Penn Jillette. And I cannot be arsed if anyone wants to worship whatever they want, as long as they keep it out of my life! But that concept is NOT in a Xtian's vocabulary -- one of the tenants of the faith is conversion.

I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond Atheism. Atheism is not believing in God. Not believing in God is easy -- you can't prove a negative, so there's no work to do. You can't prove that there isn't an elephant inside the trunk of my car. You sure? How about now? Maybe he was just hiding before. Check again. Did I mention that my personal heartfelt definition of the word "elephant" includes mystery, order, goodness, love and a spare tire?

So, anyone with a love for truth outside of oneself has to start with no belief in God and then look for evidence of God. One needs to search for some objective evidence of a supernatural power. All the people I write e-mails to often are still stuck at this searching stage. The Atheism part is easy.

But, this "This I Believe" thing seems to demand something more personal, some leap of faith that helps one see life's big picture, some rules to live by. So, I'm saying, "This I believe: I believe there is no God."

Having taken that step, it informs every moment of my life. I'm not greedy. I have love, blue skies, rainbows and Hallmark cards, and that has to be enough. It has to be enough, but it's everything in the world and everything in the world is plenty for me. It seems just rude to beg the invisible for more. Just the love of my family that raised me and the family I'm raising now is enough that I don't need heaven. I won the huge genetic lottery and I get joy every day.

Believing there's no God means I can't really be forgiven except by kindness and faulty memories. That's good; it makes me want to be more thoughtful. I have to try to treat people right the first time around.

Believing there's no God stops me from being solipsistic. I can read ideas from all different people from all different cultures. Without God, we can agree on reality, and I can keep learning where I'm wrong. We can all keep adjusting, so we can really communicate. I don't travel in circles where people say, "I have faith, I believe this in my heart and nothing you can say or do can shake my faith." That's just a long-winded religious way to say, "shut up," or another two words that the FCC likes less. But all obscenity is less insulting than, "How I was brought up and my imaginary friend means more to me than anything you can ever say or do." So, believing there is no God lets me be proven wrong and that's always fun. It means I'm learning something.

Believing there is no God means the suffering I've seen in my family, and indeed all the suffering in the world, isn't caused by an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent force that isn't bothered to help or is just testing us, but rather something we all may be able to help others with in the future. No God means the possibility of less suffering in the future.

Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.

Regards,

SD

Chlp said:But can you please enlighten us about the Christian terrorists and their horrible deeds that are more violent than flying civilian airplanes into buildings, beheading teenage girls, executing Buddhist monks and teachers, and similar pastimes favored by the militant Muslims around the globe.
A few easy examples come to mind : the crusades, the inquisition, the conquistadores, the slavetrade........

So, how do you define bad, worse or horrible ?

BB

Archived