CIA 'running secret terror jails' (in LOS too)

kamui

Not much related to CIA torture temples in SEA, but yeah the danish PM has the guts at the moment to stand up for freedom of speech including satirical drawings of the muslims prophet muhammed.

Thus he'll scheduled on a explanation tour to the most offended muslim countries, to make sure they understand that if their citizens intend to migrate to Denmark they better accept that no religion gets special rules around there.

Amen!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

The article has a few flaws that does lower it's credibillity.

The party's provocative slogan "Dit Land, Dit Valg" (One land, one people) for many people conjures up unwelcome reminders of Denmark's ambiguous role in the Nazi occupation.

I'm not Danish but "Dit Land, Dit Valg" should translate to "your country, your people".

Also I have problem understanding what he means by Denmark's ambiguous role in the Nazi occupation. They were atacked plain and simple. Furthermore, in difference to most occupied countries, almost the entire Jewish population were saved with the aid of the Danish resistance.

regards

ALHOLK

Hitler's main reason for attacking Denmark was to get at Norway (iron ore and access to the Atlantic for German navy).

The Danish government quickly made some kind of deal with Hitler I think....I guess that's what he means by 'ambiguous role'. Hard to see what else they could have done.

Hi Mac,

AFAIK all European countries had volunteers in German service during WWII.

Regarding the Swedes, they seem to have had a pretty high casualty rate.

What about Sven Hassel, he was Danish, he wrote some very good books about his time in the Waffen SS and how he ended up in the front lines as part of 'suicide' platoons, after having served time and given the option to either serve time or go to the front.

Hi!

Apart from the iron ore you are basically correct. You are probably thinking of Swedish ore that is shipped out of Narvik. To my knowledge Norway doesn't have any Iron ore. I believe that Denmarks army at the time was totally worthless just like Swedish. A government's first objective must be to take care of their own people so the surrender probabaly saved an awful lot of Danish lives.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

The Viking Division is quite well known here. Remember that Sweden was neuatral during the war so participating on any side was an individual decison. All countries have people that will side with the enemy for various reasons. Remeber Quisling in Norway, Petain in France or indeed the Iraqis that work for the invaders today.

regards

ALHOLK

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

Apart from the iron ore you are basically correct. You are probably thinking of Swedish ore that is shipped out of Narvik. To my knowledge Norway doesn't have any Iron ore. I believe that Denmarks army at the time was totally worthless just like Swedish. A government's first objective must be to take care of their own people so the surrender probabaly saved an awful lot of Danish lives.

regards

ALHOLK

Read my post again. I never said the iron ore was Norwegian...I said iron ore was one reason Hitler invaded Norway. As you say it was Swedish iron ore shipped out of Narvik. Anyway I don't blame the Danes at all for making a deal. I don't think the French had much choice either after the Panzers crossed the Meuse, Belgium collapsed and a lot of the French army fled to Dunkirk with the British. Sometimes its better to live and fight another day.

Info on Danish resistance movement...

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/danish_resistance.htm

Hi!

I have read all his books and he never wrote any books abut Waffen SS. His books are about his time in a Penal Battalion, mostly on the east front. The best book he wrote is probably "Frontkamrater" which is appears to be the book about the real war. After that he wrote a number of books which are fun but written primarily to attract anaudience.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. His real name was Willy Arbing.

Archived