CIA 'running secret terror jails' (in LOS too)

kamui

Hi!

I still maintain that the iron ore wasn't a factor as Germany already bying Swedish ore. The reason the ore is shipped out from Narvik is that their harbor is operational around the year. It is not a problem to take the ore to southern Sweden which also would have been safer during the WWII. It is only shipped out of Narvik because it is cheaper. As you pointed out Denmark was invaded to secure routes to Norway which was strategically imortant in regards of the north Atlantic.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alholk,

It's been a time since I read anything by Sven. Thought that his penal battallion was part of the Waffen SS, I stand corrected.

Just checked some websites about last night and it seems that he's writing a new book, it may take a while since he's 80 now (4 or more years in the making now).

Even in the American Civil War, the sides could get confusing. I know of at least two Confederate companies from southern Illinois -- Lincoln's own state, plus several more from Indiana. And only one Confederate state didn't have at least some Union troops raised in it.

In the American Revolution there were times when there were more Americans in the Loyalist regiments than Washington had in his Continental Army. I discovered that two of my paternal ancestors got arrested as Tories, one even expelled from his colony. If it hadn't been for so many Loyalists moving up to "British North America" after American independence, Canada's development probably would have been delayed by decades.

talking of Books

Dennis Wheatley wrote some great Books about the War.

he is better known for his Occult Books but he worked in British Intelligence during the War and he took his knowledge of what he saw happening.

he has written interedting Books about the fall of Norway,the bombings at Peenemunde,the Russian Front and the final Days in Berlin.

not just novels but written with historical content.

same as Ian Fleming.

he worked in the War Room during the War and James Bond was an amalgamation of many Allied Agents during/after the War.

just bought up to date with the Cold War going on at the time.

Hi!

If it hadn't been for so many Loyalists moving up to "British North America" after American independence, Canada's development probably would have been delayed by decades.

I'm glad they did as my parents came from there. My father at least was very pissed off at people calling him American.

regards

ALHOLK

Dennis Wheatley wrote war books? Never knew that. I used to read his books about demons and such. Had no idea he did books that would have interested me even more.

p.s. A friend's father is retired from MI5. He says his dad told him that Sean Connery was the only "real" James Bond. The others were obviously just actors pretending, but Connery had it down perfectly.

look at the Gregory Sallust serious of Books.

i think the War Stories start with 'The Black Baroness' but i know it ends with 'They Used Dark Forces'

forget 'The Island Where Time Stands Still',nothing to do with the War.

but they are very complicated,well i found so.

but interesting to read.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/authors/Dennis_Wheatley.htm

Archived