CIA 'running secret terror jails' (in LOS too)

kamui

Perhaps. I disagree, but that would be a much better discussion.

Until then, we need to abide by the rules we have. And most military men I know (career officers, that is) agree that this is the case as it also protects our boys too.

So if you do not care about humans from other tribes, then at least care about your own!

Regards,

SD

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khwaimaisabai said:
suadum said:

We are discussing the breaking of an internationally negotiated treaty.

Hi sd,

Well, what is needed is a new treaty that allows for modern terrorists. The Geneva convention was drawn up long, long ago when things were different.

Khwai

So was the US constitution with the right to bear arms..... try to change that ! :p

BB

The Geneva Convention relates to a declared war and the attacks or retaliation of attackers of foreign governments upon sovereign nations. While Taliban or Al Queda may be attackers they are definitely NOT a sovereign nation and they didn't sign the Geneva Convention. Even some countries that did sign did not hold to the agreement in WW II. I'm tired of the US always trying to wear the white hat, be the good guy, Why? Kick the cowardly bastard's ass and go on. If they are to be the brave ones, why do they hide they faces with a towel and then think they have rights. IMHO, if they continue to show their cowardly ways by attacking women, children just because some twisted cleric said it was good for Allah, then let them die, send them to Hell and let the Devil sort them out. Innocent people die everyday because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I've worked with Muslims, partied with Muslims, and what these people are doing is not in the Koran. If they want to play by the rules of the Geneva Convention, let them put on the uniform of the military and declare the war. I'm an old man but if I see a masked man prowling and lurking around my house, he will meet Allah! I will not bat an eye, after all I live in Florida, one of the few places where crime is on the decrease!

All I am saying is that if they want to play by the rules that they sat, then fine. Blow their ass away and go to the next bunch. If it takes an eradication of all radicals, SO BE IT! All Americans lost a lot of Freedoms after 9/11. I went to work for months after that under the watchful eye of a 20MM weapon. Years ago I would have been manning that weapon. Whatever it takes, Just do it!

And how can Radicals such as these be Human, so if they are not human, how can they have human rights.

As soon as the French get tired of PussyFooting around with that bunch that burns everthing, kick their butts into prison and get out the guillotine for public use, all of that BS will end, Mach Schnell!!!

As soon as the French get tired of PussyFooting around with that bunch that burns everthing, kick their butts into prison and get out the guillotine for public use, all of that BS will end, Mach Schnell!!!

EU offers France guillotines after riots

France has been offered 50m euros ($59m; £34m) by the European Union to help recover from more than two weeks of rioting in poor city suburbs.

European Commission head Jose Manuel Barroso said up to 1bn euros could be made available eventually for job creation and to help social cohesion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4434026.stm

In that prospect, the US is acting on the same level as the very right people they think they are fighting.

You are right on with this! The US is trying to force democracy down the throats of everybody while at the same time taking away their own democracy. What is sad is many Americans actually believe this is right! Some of them believe the Geneneva Convention is worthless, the Magna Carta is meaningless and their own Constitution and Bill of Rights is something to trample on or burn in the streets. The basic concept of right and wrong is confusing to some. Some have alluded to the point that if somebody does something wrong it is okay to do something wrong also. I find it hard to believe that people can reason this way.

"The basic concept of right and wrong is confusing to some. Some have alluded to the point that if somebody does something wrong it is okay to do something wrong also."

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. That's something everybody understands. We hear a lot of reasons for invading Iraq. WMD, oil, security etc.. I think many Americans see it as revenge for 9/11 pure and simple.

Can Anyone name a war in which prisoners of war, as gitmo prisoners claim to be, where they were released before a surrender? These people are being treated as well as our men were treated in WWII when captured by German or Japanese. None are eating Rats for a main course. None are drinking from ditches as the prisoners in the Bataan Death March had to.

Can you imagine what will happen when they attack your country? Wait until they knock on your door, then you will condemn the US for not doing something.

Yes, the French people have a knock on their door right now. Will they answer it or throw up a WHITE flag?

Archived