ALCOHOLISM

unit731

Thanks for the clarification KS, This bobard while has fun discussing the fun aspects of the land of smiles also often in Health section discussing the not so nice aspects, and as stated by many above people here have been very helpfull and honest about some of their personal problems.

Appreciate the ability to write about both the fun and bad aspects here honestly.

DOG

ND I never actualy traded down as far as "The Wagon"

I swapped my "Top Fuel" dragster for a Diesel Pick-Up and just tend to motor along at a much more sedate pace, so a beer is no problem (when our paths finaly cross)

I sort of realised that the original thread had been pulled for another reason and KS explained

<edit>Just noticed the Google Banner ads,some useful links there<edit>

<edit2>Damn they changed the banner ads after the first edit thereby rendering it a useless comment::<edit2>

Sod it off for a Beer :)

Neo said:

In theory a nice idea, but in practice aren't alcoholics in denial? They are the last ones to know they have a problem so thus they wouldn't use it.

Well you're wrong, I am dealing right now with two alcoholics who stopped drinking 2 weeks ago. They decided to take action by themselves. And they are doing fine thanks, one glas of wine before bed time that's all they get. :D

Lusty said:

What problem?I like getting pissed! :):drunk:

Hi lusty,

Up to a couple of months ago I would have said the same about myself. Events over the last couple of months - which included my trip to Bangkok - and looking again at the thread from a while back have convinced me there is more to it than that.

I am on the edge of losing my grip.

Off booze for only a few days so far but looking further ahead to stop alltogether.

Khwai

If you ask my boyfriend Nervous Dog, (who is maybe gay, (not me) his wife and kids are all a cover up) he will maybe tell you, some drunks, like me, cannot have just one drink... I am far from an expert, but a guy who can control the drinking, and limit it, is probably not a serious alcoholic. More of a controlled drunk, or a guy who can set a limit. I and others can't.

The fact that I can't stop at one, is difficult for many people to understand or accept. I get seriously pissed at guys who try to "twist my arm" to have "...just one..." and I recently punched a casual friend who questioned my manlyness because I refused to have a beer..."...what kind of man are ? (hairy brow) only fags stay sober..." Wack..."...maybe a fag who just gut punched you..." and I left. I/we can't be around many people like this.

I am thankful to some good friends, like Suadam, who will gladly drink the free tequila shots at no name bar for me, or down the beer I am "forced" to buy at Lone Staar in order to get the free lunch plate (thank god Silver Dollar lets me order diet coke! :) ) :)

In the early days of comming off the major drinking spree, (during wich time, I was downing over 2 liters of hard booze (Jim Beam was a cheap favorite) + other stuff per week), medication was needed to keep me calm, steady and able to function. The mood swings, tantrums etc were nothing less than bitch like, I am lucky no one kicked my ass, shot me, or stopped talking to me... Or maybe they have and I just don't remember :) ? But that was/is a hell I don't wish to repeat.

I had a brief relapse last May, about a 3 week binge that started in San Francisco, went to Singapore, into Bangkok, and ended there, when Si Saket girl said "...why you want to hurt yourself? please don't drink." Oddly, last August, She called to say hi, and said "...I hope you not drink too much..." So far, so good. But there are times when it gets rough, and as I said, it depends on who is around as to how much help/support I get. The company you keep does make a difference.

The biggest thing that scares me, and motivates me to not drink, is the fear of hurting someone else. I lost someone dear to me (my first wife) to a drunk driver. I don't/won't do that to someone else, I'd rather die, it seems more fair really.

The other fear, is losing control of my life, maybe fucking up so bad I lose all liberty, the right/privilidge to go to LOS etc... When I saw my doctor last June, new words were in her dialougue...words like "...30 day in patient detoxification..." and "...chemical dependancy unit of UCSF medical center..." clearly the signs of heavy boozing couldn't be covered any more. My lies weren't working with her anymore, or me either as it turns out.

O.k. so enough drama, enough babble, I'm headed to BKK in a few hours. If you see me drinking, kindly smash me in the head with a 2X4, and remind me that it is better for my health, and that it is better than I'll feel in the morning, I may thank you. :)

• 1 month later...

I agree, accept, comply, understand, all board moderators and monitors.

"The thread was removed due to a request from another member, one who you used as the topic of said post. The other member (obviously) objected to this and requested the thread removed.

Talking about alcoholism is fine, slandering people is not."

And . . . I did not mention any names, any dates, or any places (other than Thailand). If that is slander, I stand corrected and humbled.

My intent was to get an honest discussion concerning alcoholism and it's effects on family life.

It appers with the posts "Are you an Alcoholic?" and "Alcoholics Anonymous" that I might, just maybe, have added a small contribution to the discussion of this subject.

Archived