ALCOHOLISM

unit731

Alcoholism.

Alcoholism seems to be a taboo subject.

I have had a thread removed that mentioned alcoholism and family life.

That is fine. I am not a doctor/social worker so therefore I cannot diagnose this medical/social condition . I don't run this website. It is the perogative of the board monitors to remove postings about alcoholism.

Just a suggestion. Since we are redoing this website, maybe some resouces could be linked for those who need help. And in family life, help for the drinker and help for the non-drinker spouse. Yes, I will fill out the questionaire and make this suggestion.

Yes, Thailand and the consumption of alcohol go hand in hand. And that is fine for those who can consume alcohol with no ill effects.

But for those who consume alcohol and cannot remain responsible, then we need an open and honest approach to the subject.

I am a "medically confirmed" alcoholic... Depending on who you talk to, it is a dease, a genetic trait, or just plain lack of self controll. I think the deseas, angle ties in with people/addicts who use substances to deal with their problems. In short, it would be good to have resources postd here for those who need them.

Alcoholism seems to be a taboo subject. I have had a thread removed that mentioned alcoholism and family life.

There have been a number of discussions on this and this is not a banned topic. Surely there was another reason for removal.

Just a suggestion. Since we are redoing this website, maybe some resouces could be linked for those who need help.

In theory a nice idea, but in practice aren't alcoholics in denial? They are the last ones to know they have a problem so thus they wouldn't use it. A linke to warning signs or a quick quiz which ranks your risk of alcoholism might be a more effective approach.

Only 4-5 Months ago I started a thread on here after finaly owning up to my own addiction and got numerous messages of advice and support both in the forum and via numerous PM's.

Due to the encouragement I recieved I managed to get my habits under control, not just for myself, but also for the people around me who's lives I was also destroying.

AS ND says, if the thread has been pulled, more probably due to 2-3 actual postings and not the actual subject matter.

No need to name the guys who helped me, you know who you are, all of your support will never be forgotten :up:

Hi,

"Alcoholism seems to be a taboo subject."

No, it's not.

"I have had a thread removed that mentioned alcoholism and family life."

The thread was removed due to a request from another member, one who you used as the topic of said post. The other member (obviously) objected to this and requested the thread removed.

Talking about alcoholism is fine, slandering people is not.

Sanuk!

Archived