Top three favs to do in BKK...besides punting

asiafun

I know that this statement will be a shocker to some but not all life revolves around NEP, Patpong, Soi Cowboy :yikes: for some of us and was wondering, when in BKK, what places/things do you like to visit, frequent or do when not mongering, punting. :beer::sex:

As mentioned in another thread I expect to be spending a wee bit more time in BKK in the future and would like some ideas on keeping myself busy and not just in the club scene.

Finally, I like to donate time and energy to various legitimate charities when I can and would like to know which ones there are in BKK that could use the help.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bangkok has much more to offer then just bars with BG's!

restaurants: Bangkok has a great variety of restaurants, offering all cuisines of the worlds, from streetstalls to top notch quality restaurants, most at much more reasonable prices than elsewhere

shopping: also a broad variety of shopping opportinities from the thalat nat with rock bottom prices, many markets and shopping centers until high end shops

entertainment: hey there is a lot of entertainment possibilities outside p4p: pubs, discos, venues with lifemusic, many beergardens all year round and many more during cool season (i do not mean the one in suk soi 7, but for example the one in Suan Lum or the one in front of world trade center)

1. I like going for walks around Lumphini and just relaxing reading the paper under a tree.

2. Ten Pin Bowling or a Movie at MBK

3. Getting to know some of the local shop owners. Have got to know

quite well who makes some jewellery up for me.

4. Join a club. I'm hoping to join the Foreign Correspondance Club on my

return.

As far a charities go if you are interested PM me as I am always looking for some one in BKK to take delivery of donations for the refugee camps in Mae Sot.

I do enjoy checking out shopping areas and their inherent potential for meeting nice girls.

I did find the Siam Paragon, MBK, and next to the MBK the 29 something and the other next to that. Are there ny other good places and more specifically a nice cheap electronics mall like the ones in KL?

Archived