Violence in Living Doll

Paillote

I have no sympathy for you whatsoever and your lucky you did'nt get the shit kicked out of you outside IMO.

You should know what some thai birds are like but for you to say "fuck you" what did you expect back?

Then you fake a lazy headbut TOWARDS HER HEAD and hit her!

Don't you know about the thais regarding their heads etc?, i'm not surprised she went mental.

I would'nt advise you act like this again as next time it could work out alot worse for you. ::

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy made a mistake yes, but if the circumstances are as he describes he must she must have realised the headbut was not in anger.

The girl should get the sack. I'll tell you why, any girl who decides to resolve an arguement by smashing someone in the face with a glass is a liability to the bar.

She should have told the mamasan what happened when he banged her head and he should have been made to pay his tab and leave right there.

Finally which living dolls was this, showcase or normal?

I believe it was Living Dolls 1 which is the first one you come to on Walking Street.

Owned by an Aussie actually. There is usually a pommie guy running around as a manager as well. I say it would barely register a bleep on their radar. I imagine someone gets glassed or bashed on a regular basis in Pattaya bars and for the manangement it is just part of the game.

I am not surprised by the way this girl acted. Thais can lash out quite unexpectedly even at the best of times. However when you add in alcohol and possibly amphetamines and the night life culture and the disrespect that a lot of the girls develop for the punters then you can see these sort of things happening. The fact that they often get away with these attacks must also be a factor.

Palliote you probably did do the wrong thing but your action certainly didn't warrant being smashed in the head with a glass. I have done much worse and got away with it and have seen others as well do all sorts of things and not get punished for it while on the other hand i have been in situations that escalated very very quickly for not much apparent reason.

Violence is never far from the surface in Thailand and i suppose that this is a bit of a warning lesson. I have to say to all those wise heads who would never do the wrong thing in Thailand and feel they know Thailand backthe front etc..It could happen to you to.....very hard to always keep your guard up and very hard not to tell someone who is totally out of line fuck off....I know how you are supposed to play the game in Thailand but i have lost my cool with idiots on ocassion and have becom 'jai ron' but i have been lucky i have not had to pay for it.

Zorro said:...snip...Palliote you probably did do the wrong thing but your action certainly didn't warrant being smashed in the head with a glass. I have done much worse and got away with it...snip...

Zorro, excellent post, and not just what I've quoted above--the whole thing. You nailed this one.

Violence is never far from the surface in Thailand and i suppose that this is a bit of a warning lesson. I have to say to all those wise heads who would never do the wrong thing in Thailand and feel they know Thailand backthe front etc..
This is true. Unfortunately, some visitors end up learning the hard way.

One method I used in the past when a BG was acting out - can't think of any other term to describe some of the behavior I have seen - was to simply tell them, in Thai, that they were very impolite. I bolded the word "past" because it did lead to a stunned silience the first few times I did this, but I was threatened with a beer bottle the last time I used this response.

I thought and still think this is a perfectly reasonable and decent response when a BG is abusive. Problem here is that reason and decency often do not prevail in the mildest of altercations with locals, particuarly when you mix in alcohol and drugs. And, of course, since the new social order's crackdown on illicit drugs, the drug problem has, predictably, gotten worse.

I can only reiterate what others have said Paillote.

You are a lucky man it wasnt worse. Hopefully next time you swear at a girl, you do it in Norwegian with a smile on your face rather than using one of the most commonly used and understood high end insults. Also that you NEVER escalate the situation in the way you did.

mark it down as a learning experience and move on.

As i have answered before, I do believe the name is "Living Doll" and nothing more. It was not Living Doll 2 at least. It is right on Walking Street.

Anyway, I realize I was lucky. I did wrong, but her retailation was over the top. I _never_ hit anyone. Scary example on how things can escalate out of control lightning fast. All was over and done in 20 seconds...

What has surprised me the most, is not her actions, which I guess is something you can expect in such an environment, but rather how many who have no understanding about how easy it is to reply an insult with another insult. I know, it should not be done, but in the heat of the moment... Oh, well, I guess I have said more than enough already.

Paillote

Archived