Violence in Living Doll

Paillote

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to add some balance to this thread. We spend large amounts of baht at these places to have fun and don?t necessarily expect the staff to get in our face and shout foul insults to try to ruin our night whenever they feel like it. Yet this is not uncommon. I can't think of any other industry this kind of childish bullying is tolerated by a service staff and am appalled this is accepted so readily by most. Imagine ordering at a restaurant and the server adds ?would you like fries with that?? you say ?no thank you? and she screams ?well then fuck off you cheap bastard!? It?s ludicrous, but that?s pretty much what happens in the bars. It doesn?t matter if you?ve bought 1 drink or 100; it?s like a mine that goes off at any time when you may not even expect it. It?s not Palliote fault it got out of control. We are not all trained or gifted enough to handle all types of aggression at all times. When people are challenged with hostility with emotions and alcohol flowing bad things can happen. I don't advocate how it was handled and believe OH's advice is the best, but I do sympathize with how this can happen. All the tinder is there and some BG?s just love adding the spark to see what happens.

josh_ingu said:

Normally I would agree with you whole heartedly. On this occassion, sadly however I cannot. Why? Simply becuase I have had the pleasure of drinking with Palliote on several occasions in pattaya.

I have to say my first post was a reaction to what I think is unfortunate behaviour and if as you say Palliote is an OK guy then I'll take that as read.

My feeling still is - to paraphrase - that if one comes upon a slavering Rottweiller, intent on a confrontation, now is not the time to go el mano et mano, but to retreat. And someone of Palliote's assumed experience should be able to see a Rottweiller when it's sitting on his doorstep.

Palliote, as you say I wasn't there, so circumstances were probably different from our understanding of your post. You are lucky to have escaped so lightly, and this has nothing to do with any perceived adoration of bar girls. Some bar girls would be best served as fertiliser on the roses.

Cheers and take care.

Coss

Pail,

Why would you play russian roulleitte when they are no blanks? or walking into a motorcycle bar and yelling "all you guys are pussies" or teasing a rabid dog?

What did you expect?

Did the bar advance you some monies for the hospital bill, call ahead of your arrival to square things away or told you just to bring the medical receipts back for financial compensation?

No difference...

CB

sayjann said:

have to agree with Zaad here.

i had this converstaion a while ago and explained why i hit a Woman.

i feared for my life after she had stabbed me once and was preparing to do it again.

i'm sorry but justified IMO.

Dude, if anyone STABS you, I think that it is safe to say that the rules of 'chivalry' no longer apply. That's a pretty far-out example though.

This reminds me of the story of the Scorpion and the Turtle. Most of you probably have heard it since it was in a popular movie awhile back but I'll repeat it anyways.

A Scorpion asked a Turtle if he could give him a ride across the pond. The Turtle was hesitant because he was afraid the Scorpion would sting him. The Scropion assured the Turtle not worry because if the Scorpion did that they would both drown. Once they were half way across the pond the Scorpion stung the Turtle. As paralysis set in and they were both sinking the Turtle said, "why did you do that after assuring me you wouldn't, now we are both going to drown". To which the Scorpion replied, "it's in my nature".

"...Palliote" go present your hospital bill to the manager. I am sure they would rather pay it than get the police involved..."

If you recall, heinitiated the contact, thus accordingto Thais, he started it. The bar will most likely deny it happened or stack it against him, and he'll get in deeper shit...the incident is over, cut the losses, and let it go...

Archived