Violence in Living Doll

Paillote

"...MHO, Gadfly1 is right on the money:

"perhaps it doesn't matter if we buy or don't buy the story, because, perhaps, there is an altogether more fundamental point here. And that point is this: with BGs, things can go very bad very quickly and become very dangerous."..."

OK fine for bar girls...now, what about punters? some of us/them are as socially maladjusted as the girls, or worse! So knowing these girls are so screwed up and volitile why pay thousands of dollars and go 1/2 way around the world to encounter them...? Why go into these bars, their environment and bother with them? Frankly, I think it says something about what kind of people we are as well...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:
Catalyst said:

If you step back and think about it, if you both just walk out the door and go home you are probably going back to a more affluent and comfortable life than her and in that sense you "win". I would be surprised if most bargirls don't see it that way, especially after you have been tossing around money in front of everyone. It's something I usually try to be a little sensitive about.

On the other hand, if someone is a little nasty, insults you, or calls you a Cheap Charlie you can use it to your advantage by just laughing or walking away from them and knowing that they will probably think that you got the best of them.

If you want to really rub it in and give her a hard time and are willing to spend a bit of money, buy another round of drinks for the other girls but not for her. If she still makes a scene then cancel all the drink orders, leave, and let the other girls get pissed at her. But that would really be going out of your way to be vengeful, and maybe the other girls wouldn't go along with it; I would be happy with just laughing it off.

See, it seems to me, some guys are hell bent on playing games here...first sign of trouble, leave, or call the mamasan over, and have her remove the trouble. Simple as that. All this business about how to really get back at her just adds to the trouble. You wouldn't play games like that in Farang land with the bar staff, so don't do it here...

I didn't mean to say that someone in this situation should be preoccupied with playing games or with "winning", but the reality is that it can be hard for some people to just walk away or laugh it off if they thing someone has just gotten the best of them. I would find it hard in many cases. It is a lot easier to walk away and do the right thing if you realize that in addition to avoiding trouble you are likely to be seen as having come out ahead anyway. I was trying to show how attractive an option walking away is. I didn't mean to give instructions on how to win.

The thing that surprises me about this whole thread is the level of cowardice displayed by some people. Some of you say things like you can never beat a Thai man as if they're giant action heros and none of us puny little farangs could stand a chance. In a one-on-one situation plenty of western men could hold their own against a Thai man. Of course, it's stupid to fight when you're outnumbered but we're talking about a bar in Walking Street here, the stomping ground of US marines and English football hooligans. These lads could hold their own against a few Thai motorcycle mafia boys any day. If the OP wants to go back to the bar he should. Thai motorcycle mafia boys are not going to fuck around where they are the ones outnumbered.

Pe7e,

Got to agree with here dude!

Wonderlust,

You're way off here dude, sorry. The OP got his ass kicked by one girl! now what do you think 5-6 Guys would have done...? Thais out numbered on walking street...? Ah no. Again, sorry, full on riot, they got us beat, it is after all Thailand. Marines and US Gi's can handle Thais...? yeah, maybe, but tell that to the US Sailor who got beaten and raped up the ass 2 years ago...football hooligans? Nope, they have their troubles as well. All these groups get stomped in Pattaya, you just don't hear about it much.

True, you might be able to handle your own with 1 Thai guy, maybe, but not the rat pack that will come running to help him. Remember, it only takes only lucky guy with a knife or weapon to bring down the toughest of the tough. Do you really want/need that on holiday? The OP was wrong, and it is best he let the issue go.

OK fine for bar girls...now, what about punters? some of us/them are as socially maladjusted as the girls, or worse! So knowing these girls are so screwed up and volitile why pay thousands of dollars and go 1/2 way around the world to encounter them...? Why go into these bars, their environment and bother with them?
Perhaps true, but if they are that socially maladjusted, they probably won't be reading this board. I have had more than a few disagreements with other posters here, but I don't recall encountering anyone who sounded as maladjusted as some of the BGs. I have not seen, for example, anyone post: "If a BG politely calls you impolite because she won't go with you, brandish a bar bottle against her." We all know what sort of response that type of post would elicit.

As for Palliote, even if he was absolutley wrong in this situtation (which I don't buy either - I see fault on both sides), he certainly doesn't seem to fall into that category. He acknowledges he made an error.

This is not a morality tale but a cautionary tale. It is not about who is right and wrong, but about the unpredictability of the bar scene here, and particularly Pattaya when the topic strays over to the kind of punter you are describing. There are some real social misfits in Pattaya, but I see them as a danger to both BGs and other punters. And I kind of doubt they spend much, if any, time on this board.

Last time I was on Walking Street the place was packed with western men and Thai girls. Most of the western men looked more than capable of defending themselves. I doubt the scholarly looking OP is typical of the sort of western man you'll find in Pattaya, many of whom are thugs who are no strangers to violence. The only Thai men were fairly puny looking barbecue sellers. Personally I don't engage in physical violence but I don't accept that one phone call from a Thai whore and hordes of Thai warriors would flood into Walking Street, slaying the fearful little farangs as they go.

Archived