Self Hype/Crap Talking Thread...

Old Hippie

pe7e said:

Well I think it's only fair to notify everyone I've decided to retire my trusty £50 e-bay compact Nikon in favour of a more technologically advanced piece of equipment. :grinyes:

Another one setting up his back door. I can hear it now "Congratulations Bust1 on your first and second prizes. I'll get you next month though. Still having trouble working out the new camera." Pleeeeeeeease........ pe7e be willing to suffer defeat gracefully. When one is trying to do something beyond his obvious ability it is useless to seek the compassion of fellow competitors. :neener: :neener: :neener:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, this month you have a chance since I don't have a couple of pics up to my usuall standards, but I will still enter them in the true spirit of the competition. Next month I do have a couple of decent pics but these have been taken on inferior equipment so don't be lulled into a false sense of security. The acid test will happen when I'm able to get to Thailand with the new kit, and the results will be dramatic. Truth will out and tallent will show itself, be afraid, be very afraid. ::

No self hype from me ... I let the photos do the talking!

I do have one problem though. I tend to send my entries in too soon. For example, with the spirit house competition, I chose 2 from about a dozen and sent them in. On the last day of the competition I located the most spectacularly adorned spirit house in Pattaya; but, I forgot my camera!

It's near the Pig and Whistle retautrant and pub (very good food BTW) amongst the beer bars on a side soi off Soi 7 as it leads to Pattaya Klang ... I usually park in the parking lot of Topps when I visit this area.

Had I photographed that one in the late afternoon, I may well have given Stick a run for his money. When I get a chance to photograph it, I'll upload it into the gallery (may wait until I get Hi-speed Broadband though ... this dial-up bites the dust!).

Well I've been away for a few days and I can't believe you guy's are still carrying on the disillutional chatter.

Just a few reasons why you should just give up.

1. I have the new 8megapixal camera.

2. I know how to use it.

3. I am in Thailand (Samui)

4. I am surrounded by Thai kids.

5. Out of the 200 excellent photo's I now have I only need 2.

:neener: :neener:

Well I will look back in a few days and see what shit this stir's up.

:stirthepo

One last thing for OH, thanks for realising there is a ringer aboard.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Solo1mick said:Just a few reasons why you should just give up.

1. I have the new 8megapixal camera.

Mick what happened? New......Camera.........you too. I thought we were in this together. You know....the power of Nokia....the spirit of the Newbie......stick together..............let them fail through their internal fighting.............Betrayal is about learning not to idealize external sources. You cannot run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. I appeal to your better judgement Mick. Do you wish to be mentioned in the same way OH, Limbo, Stick etc are already. UP TO YOU. Whatever happens your all going down. :rip: :rip: :rip:

Sorry Bust1, I am still with you.

:spin:

Don't woory pal we have still got 1,2,3 stitched up.

I am looking forward to the the looks on these old guy's faces when we win.

You should have seen the look of fear in Limbo's eyes the other night, his head just hung with the knowledge of defeat.

;)

The camera has wireless so it is still technically a phone. :elephant:

Archived