Self Hype/Crap Talking Thread...

Old Hippie

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:

OK last chance to all, bow out now gracefully!

The way I look at it OH is this. Suppose it takes 10 minutes to take a serious photo. Of that ten minutes, nine minutes fifty-nine seconds of the work is done by your observations, your ideas, waiting for the right light, setting up the camera, framing. Another fraction is the moment when you press the shutter,and again here, the skill of the photographer is what counts, rather than the camera itself. Only the final, say, quarter of a second of that photograph is down to what goes on in the optics of the camera itself. Of the image, the camera has a vital, but physically minute, part to play. So now OH think about how much time you have spent trying to achieve the unreachable. My winning entries when compared to yours will explain this for you.

:neener: :neener: :neener:

Your attemopt at a "theory of Photographic principles" is lame, just proves you know nothing about the art...well, your theory and your "photos."

Well, in 1 more day, the contest is set, and the voting starts...I have held back again this contest, submitting my "Q" level material, just to give you a slight chance at a not to embarrassing defeat...well, in another week, it will all be decided, and history, promise me not to cry to loud or to much, it might disturb my celebration...

One of the best photo's I've ever takin was years ago in Sillypore. I was shooting tourist posters, slide film on a blad and some on my Nikon's.

All slide film.

While there I bought a girlfriend a 35mm instant fully automatic camera, still remember the name "Fuji 8". CHEAP

I wanted to make sure before I went back to Australia the camera worked so I shot a few rolls with it.

1 roll was accidently slide, so I had it proccessed with the film for the Ad Agency.

Low and behold, one of my "Happy Snaps" ended up being a poster!

If they had known it was shot on a instamitic camera they would never have procesed the film.

All in the eye as my mother says, very little in the camera.

DOG

Yes, in all honesty, and as I have said before, photography comes down to mostly luck...being in the right place at the right time, with the right light etc, to get the right picture...I still have a Fuji 8 35mm, takes great pics! really, it all comes down to who likes what at a given time! Anyway, back to shit talking...I will win blah blah... :)

Archived