Thai rak Thai? Yeh, right....

Batty,

We ARE felangs after all. But whilst I respect them both equally, this common ground and elegance would, maybe, manifest itself in my naturally backing a felang out here born from instinct, and not necessarily naturally backing a Thai.

I hear you.

Perhaps one reason I don't see it this way is because I live here (only 6 years though).

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MB,

Let's turn the situation around and you,as a farang is getting belted around by a Thai guy,or a few Thai guys,would the Thai woman in question lift a finger to help you? We all know the answer to that question.

Mind your own business and let things be. I'd be very interested if board members with wives or gf's posted Battys situation to them and what their take on it was.....

Kidding right???

Are you honestly saying that we should look at others in order to make up our minds? The decisions we make depend on what others say or do (or don't do)?

Come on, MB, that's *exactly* the biggest problem this country is facing. Nobody thinks for him/herself as they look at others and take it from there. Yeah, great examples the Thais are for one another.

Time is litterally standing still in certain places upcountry due to this copying-others syndrome.

They do not wish to think things through, question themselves or certain rules, not to mention logical factors.

Basically what you're saying is that if he or she doesn't do it, then why should I? :banghead:

Please let's NOT look at eachother and base our decision on that because we are oh so CRAPPY examples, especially here in Thailand.

<<Basically what you are saying is that if he or she doesn't do it it,then why should I >>

Yeah right Zaad,let's try and change the Thai way of thinking ( hmm Thai and thinking in the same sentence) The majority of us come here on holidays to mix with the Thai gals,drink,shag,have a great time and then go home.Changing the dynamics of the country is not on the itenary.

MB,

Yeah right Zaad,let's try and change the Thai way of thinking

Read carefully next time!

Never did I mention changing their thinking was an option, rather asking everybody to think for himself (you included) and NOT look at others for answers. Thais are pretty damned skilled at that.

Changing the dynamics of the country is not on the itenary.

Did you read my post at all???

You asked us (boardmembers) to present the situation to our wives, gfs, and explain their reaction.. what for? can't we think and decide for ourselves anymore?

So if they say A, we should too because they're Thai?

COME ON!!! Let's stop following others blindly. We know better than that.

It's not about changing others, it about being decisive :up:

BUST1

Blimey son, you do some bloody moaning you do!

Every once in a while you pop up and and tell us all how crap this is and how you are not reading, but you keep bloody posting, dont'ya! :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Archived