Thai rak Thai? Yeh, right....

Batty said:

Curiously, out of the 20 odd men standing about, I am the only coward? Funny how you haven?t mentioned bugger all about the lack of intervention on the Thais part.

Why would I call the Thais cowards? They have not posted on this board about how ashamed they are that they did not interfere when they felt that their interference was needed. Your the one saying you are ashamed of your non-action. THERE IS A REASON WHY U FEEL SHAME.

1. It would not happen in London. A guy beating up a girl on a London street with any number of guys around would result in the guy getting leathered. I would be the first one there. Based on this one incident, it appears the same does not apply in LOS. This seems contrary to the Thai rak Thai boast. My point to begin with.

What does being Thai have to do with a man smacking around a chick and bystanders who are complete strangers not interfering? That shit can happen anywhere.

2. I admitted to being 'in like a shot' in London, but hesitated here. I have read too many posts in the news section here of Fellangs being killed for very petty reasons to act like a hero in the face of 20 odd Thais.

I seriouly doubt a mob would have attacked you if you restrained the Thai dude. Your paranoia has rationalized your inaction. Now if you interfered and started wailing on th Thai dude maybe a ruckus would have ensued but if you grabbed him and pulled him away from the chick I bet the crowd would have left u alone.

So I ask you again.... does this really make me a coward? Yes I feel bad, but using again the analogy of the escaped lion at a zoo ripping apart a tourist, I would feel bad about that also. But non intervention would not make me a coward.

It seems like I can?t win here. Because I admitted to feeling bad about not helping, I am a coward. On the other hand, if I had said 'I didn?t give a fuck about the girl getting beaten', would that have made my alleged cowardice irrelevant? It?s like your point is this;

Coward for caring but not helping

Ruthless cold hearted bastard for Not caring and not helping

You make the call, I am merely giving my opinion about what you wrote. The way you wrote of your internal struggle that deterred you from acting in a way that represents your code points out that you committed a cowardly act.

Tell me why would your interference in London be so different? You would still be interfering in an altercation between 2 strangers. You wouldn't know if the guy had any mates around that would jump on you. You wouldn't know if the guy was in a gang or organized crime, carried a gun, etc. So your rationale of London vs Thailand is a little weak.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
liquidflux said:

You did the right thing. Foreign country, foreign language, it's best to just walk away from situations like that. That's not being a coward, that's being sensible and understanding that you don't have a clue what the fuck you may be getting into. Take anything JJ says with a grain a salt. He's always the hero, gets the most girls, makes the most money, etc etc etc.

Get a clue and read the posts before u comment.Your logic is retarded and you just hate to love me! Play it straight and maybe I will make you part of my entourage in BKK.

bibblies said:
bust1 said:

This is sounding very much like a scratched record guys. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

I know, I know. Coming back to this thread after having read up to KS's first post, I was shocked to find three things:

1. JJSushi not letting something lie. ::

2. BelgianBoy complaining about the moderating. :o

3. Extensive use of the word "dude". ::

:rotfl:

Imagine my SURPRISE to find you sniffing around my posts! LOL!! Some things never change! LOL!!

josh_ingu said:

>JJ, just to jump back on topic for a mo -

>You are calling me a coward for not diving in

Batty, JJ is a "legend in his own lunch time", or at least in his own mind, so I would not take the words of such a "keyboard warrier" too seriously. Look back through the thread, and you will see that most people (JJ excepted of course) agree with your course of action.

To be blunt, any other course of action would have been foolish in the extreme. You are right, you *are* a visitor/guest here, and yes, Thai's are VERY likely to take the other side to a farang on principle. If some one else had come by and seen a bloodied girl and a farang and a thai guy going at it, they may well have concluded *you* were the source of the problem and waded in.

A couple of questions you may also want to ponder: Can you be *sure* the guy was not armed in some way? Can you be *sure* that he was alone? As for the Thais, well they are a lot more savvy in sizing up a situation that you are. They may well have seen something that kept them out of it. You say they went to the girl as soon as the man went off. Not completely unconcerned then....

You should not be "shamed" by your actions. You can feel "ashamed" at being in a society where such actions can be "tolerated", but there is NOTHING shameful in self preservation.

-j-

Can u for once stop displaying your lack of utter comprehension? How about getting a real fucking clue before u go and make silly non-factual statements? Not once did I say he did the "wrong" thing. I said he committed an act of cowardice. Personally I can give a shit if he helped the chick.

I do have an issue with Batty acting cowardly and then heaping scorn upon others who chose the same course of action simplyy because they are Thai. You don't see the delicious hypocrisy of the entire scenario?

Stop licking my nutz, participate instead of attempting to agitate. Seriously you and a consisent handful of posters that have an imagined axe to grind with me need to get some fucking perspective in your lives. None of you give substance or solid arguments, just silly sniping comments that lack intelligence or wit. Jesus every fucking post I make it is the same group of stalkers licking the crack of my ass!

aesthete said:
josh_ingu said:

Look back through the thread, and you will see that most people (JJ excepted of course) agree with your course of action.

-j-

To be fair, i think that JJ also agreed with your course of action, he merely pointed out that the way you described it, you were being cowardly.

To be even fairer, I agree with him to an extent. It is a little bit cowardly not to stand up for the woman in that situation. cowardly in the sense of allowing fear to stand in the way of your chosen action. I don't believe you have sacrificed your integrity not stepping in, and that's another reasonable way to define cowardice. so, depending on your definition it could be either cowardly or not.

I hadn't noticed anyone in the thread saying that you should have stepped up and defended her. I think we all agree that the ramifications of that were not worth the risk. JJ isn't arguing you should have, merely that by your words, *you* feel you had the responsibility, and failed to fullfill it. that could be considered cowardice. I, too, would have had problems turning my back on it, but as a farang in that situation, I believe it is the right call.

AAHHH! someone that actually reads and has comprehension skills! Kudos to u sir!

samak said:

looks like you have signed up your own echo (aesthete as the contrary to your ego) 2 weeks ago to applaud yourself! :neener:

Don't be silly, I would never create an alias to respond to my own posts. I never did during my numerous bans, so why would I start now? Not that serious, plus the JJsushi name can hold it's own to anyone. I would never tarnish it with cheap parlour tricks.

My posts don't need the support of others, they stand on their own merit.

Don't insult the aesthet Dude by insinuating his even toned posting is fraudulent.

"Why would I call the Thais cowards? They have not posted on this board about how ashamed they are that they did not interfere when they felt that their interference was needed. You?re the one saying you are ashamed of your non-action. THERE IS A REASON WHY U FEEL SHAME"

JJ, I am getting confused here. Am I coward for posting on this board or a coward for not stepping in? JJ you post comments regarding Thais both good and bad frequently on this board through various other threads that Thais haven?t contributed towards. I see no Thais posting on other threads you partake in, so why is this one different? WTF? Are you saying I'm a coward, but ?no comment? regarding the Thais because they didn?t post? If this is the case, please refrain from offering a future opinion, good or bad, unless the third party is present in the thread.

Further more, if you read the post again, you have to acknowledge the Thais cared about the girl as they all ran over when the guy walked off. This implies that they didn?t want to see it happen, further implying that they wanted it to stop?.but did nothing. This echoes my feelings at the time. So I ask you again, are they cowards also, or not?

?What does being Thai have to do with a man smacking around a chick and bystanders who are complete strangers not interfering? That shit can happen anywhere.?

?Tell me why would your interference in London be so different? You would still be interfering in an altercation between 2 strangers. You wouldn't know if the guy had any mates around that would jump on you. You wouldn't know if the guy was in a gang or organized crime, carried a gun, etc. So your rationale of London vs Thailand is a little weak?

I can?t fundamentally state that in other parts of the world it would not happen. However, knowing my own countrymen as I do, I feel confident that in most if not all cases, it would be stopped in London. In other parts of the U.K, lets say ?oop North? it would DEFINATLEY be stopped. And not just by a mob, either. If a lone city gent in pin striped suit walked past and seen an incident such as this, he would try and pull the guy off. We Brits, like many other countries, are a tough bunch with pride, morals, and balls. And we don?t shout out ?Brits Rak Brits? at any given opportunity. But this was not really my point in bringing this into the argument?.

The main reason I used this comparison however was in reaction to your assessment of my cowardice, quoting my own admission that I would jump in if back in London. In London, the crowd watching WOULD NOT jump on me after I pulled the guy off (and possibly got into a fight with him), however, here they very possibly would. My ?cowardice? derived from the situation as a whole ? namely the group of Thais watching ? rather than not jumping on the guy. The fella was small, didn?t have an ounce of fight in him (again, referring to the stupid haymaker arm swinging and punching on inside of fist), and I would have had no problem in stopping him. My point here is the CROWD watching. In there eyes, it would have been a case of ?hey, fellang, if we do nothing YOU do nothing, ok?? To use another analogy, it would have been similar to me watching my two brothers slog it out, waiting for them to finish. When out of know where, a guy jumps in and starts getting involved. I would have felt insulted by that, and probably would take issue with the hero. In other words ?hey, they are MY brothers. If it needs stopping, I will damn well stop it, not you!? Same situation here?

?I seriously doubt a mob would have attacked you if you restrained the Thai dude. Your paranoia has rationalized your inaction. Now if you interfered and started wailing on the Thai dude maybe a ruckus would have ensued but if you grabbed him and pulled him away from the chick I bet the crowd would have left u alone.?

Yes. My paranoia has rationalized my inaction. Paranoia has prevented me from fucking up in life several times. My paranoia is also justified. You can only hypothesize that the mob would not have attacked me?. we don?t know for certain they would have left me alone. Much in the same way as we don?t know for certain you would have jumped in ? we only have your word. I feel that your average fellang against your average Thai would usually return one winner, the fellang (JMHO, lets not all debate that one). I can categorically say with conviction that had I pulled him off and he went for me, I would have hurt him. Let?s say another small guy walks up pointing the finger and yelling, and he has a go at me?. so I slap him also. At this point, as I said before, someone handy in the group thinks ?fuck that?, and muay Thaïs me all over Siam soi 1. Any Thai with an inkling of hatred for Fellangs would have jumped in. It could have been a fellang free for all. JJ, get real mate, this is a likely scenario. It could have happened. Read the news section and the stories of Fellangs standing up for themselves only to get threatened with death, or worse?actual death.

Archived