Saw Red Ferarri Maranello today at Siam Square.

steffi

Now I've seen Ferarri's before around Thonglor but what was interesting about this one was the license plate was the U-9999 so I'm wondering if the plate cost more than the car. Anybody know who's car this was? Definately someone important with that plate.

U-9999 would have cost a fortune in LOS. A friend of mine wanted a personal plate and had a quote... the number was only significant to him, but it was hundreds of thousands.

Have you seen the personal mobile phone numbers at MBK? I realy wanted one untill i seen how much they are... something like 07 424242 would be around 50,000B! Very overpriced. They did have one belter though; 07 007007 (or very, very simmilar). No idea of the price for this though. I'll bet it was over 100,000B.

Oops.... :topic:

Yep...the 9's are considered lucky numbers.

Though not with an interesting license plate, earlier this year I saw a red Ferrari cruising down the infamous soi-6 (Yodsak), in Pattaya, earlier this year. What a contrast...to see one of the ultimate decadent cars on the street with the most decadent gals....

"just plain pretentious"

Ha! Well, truth be told it is very pretentious. Alow me to indulge in this one thing though as for a few years I was a mobile phone dealer - personal numbers just came with the teritory, a habit I have not yet shook. Personal numbers in the U.K cost nothing like what they do here in LOS, and during the 90's it was handy to have one - before everyone had a mobile and could not save your number in phone, you had to rely on them remembering, or having a pen at hand on a chance meet. An easy to remember number was handy back then, and cost next to nothing.

Archived