More rewards for illeagals

Old Hippie

Will the Goverment have the balls to do it ????

REALITY of it is, if there is money and power to be gained ( by gov ppl)

it will get done, so not likely any time soon

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a huge problem. The steady influx of illegal aliens is devistating local economys. The argument that they do jobs American won't is completly false. First off go to areas where there aren't large numbers of illegals. You will see the restaurnts and gas stations and hotels staffed with plenty of people. It is interesting to note that although the national unemployment rate is somewhere around 5% the rate for Americans with high school education or less is more in the 15% range. These Americans are being locked out by illegals willing to work under the table for less than minimum wage. Also virtualy all of the traditional skilled trades such as carpenter, plumber, tile setters ect have suffered huge downward wage pressure. All because they can get illegals to do these traditionaly middle class trades for laborer wages. Also much of this money is leaving the country, and being sent back to their native countrys, no longer available to lubricate the American economy.

Add to this the costs on the health, and education systems and you see a huge drain on the limited resouces of communities. We are importing poverty into this country at a furious pace.

The plan bush is proposing basicly plays into the hands of business and a political constituancy that isnt even American. For example lets say you are a skilled tradesman that is earning a living wage. One day your boss comes to you and says, I have decided to drop your pay to minimum wage with no benifits. Seeing that you have just taken a 50% pay cut you realize you have two choices. Quit your job or accept the the terms, and end up recieving state or county assistance to meet your familys basic needs. Forget about buying a car or a house or insurance or educating your kids. It is subsistance for you from now on. Of course if you quit, the boss can simply bring in a "guest worker" to do your job.

America was indeed built on the backs of imigrants. People who came to America to become Americans. People who saw it as the land of opportunity not land of entitlement. People who wanted to become part of the great melting pot, not people who insist that the country bow to their language and culture. People who worked hard and would strive to educate their children to become Americans and educate their children to become more than just laborers.

It is a huge slap in the face to generations of American imigrants that did it the legal way. That waited years for their permits and visa's. That went on to become actual citizens of America.

To end this rant on a note that is more aimed at this boards subject. If the "guest worker" thing goes through, I plan to set up an agency that will bring in Thais (preferabley cute females) as guest workers. What a great way to bring in your GF and their family.

O.k. I'll go back to my original point...ah what was it...? Oh yeah, the US Governemnt uses the excuse that Thais on visas will "jump ship" and stay in the usa, and get jobs, so they refuse our girls visas on these grounds...yet, it seems they have no trouble letting the ones who did jump to stay here...so their reason for rejecting visas is lame...

Just saw, similar thread in the board bar, seem my rants and others there as well...

O.k. I'll go back to my original point...ah what was it...? Oh yeah, the US Governemnt uses the excuse that Thais on visas will "jump ship" and stay in the usa, and get jobs, so they refuse our girls visas on these grounds...yet, it seems they have no trouble letting the ones who did jump to stay here...so their reason for rejecting visas is lame...

I totally agree, it stinks:

but bcis figures its easier to keep someone out many miles away than have to catch them if they "jump ship"

not so easy to catch ppl already here that "slithered" through the porose borders

Well, yeah, but my bitch is, they are rewarding people who "jumped ship", thus no deterent not to jump ship...so why even have the pretense of using the possibility of "Jumping ship" as a reason for dening a visa...bottom fucking line is, it might be nice to bring one of my favorite bar girls over here...pisses me off that poor young girls are a threat to the USA, and get denied, yet the high so Uni students and educators etc with money are the ones abusing the system...a few of the temples stopped bringing teachers over, as they were all ditching out at the end of their terms here, and becomming "Robin Hoods..."

BTW, does anyone else find this term a bit offensive? It implies we are all rich and evil, thus o.k. to steal from us...

Archived