sending money

allatsea2000

Guest lazyphil

<<No, not enjoying them at all...$3 a gallon at the cheap places for regular...Spent about $200 last month, just to drive to work...getting rediculis, time to move closer/cheaper to work... >>

Try 96 pence a litre (US gallon conversion???) as we pay here, hence dusting down and oiling the old Trek cycle, get fit whilst giving the oil barrons the finger!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazyphil said:

<<No, not enjoying them at all...$3 a gallon at the cheap places for regular...Spent about $200 last month, just to drive to work...getting rediculis, time to move closer/cheaper to work... >>

Try 96 pence a litre (US gallon conversion???) as we pay here, hence dusting down and oiling the old Trek cycle, get fit whilst giving the oil barrons the finger!!!

1 Gallon US = 3.8 Litres (UK Gallon = 4.75) so approx $6.25 And I was whinging at it now costing me over 1,400 Baht to fill my beast

"...We will be hit again by the airlines soon as well so expect plane tickets to rise up up and away...."

If airline workers hadn't ALL taken massive pay cuts, you'd be paying more! Of course, you'd be paying less if the CEO's hadn't converted those cuts into bonuses for themselves...we are indeed pawns...

We in the USA were always brain washed to believe gas was so cheap here, because we refined it, and many people used it, so profitable to make/have/distribute it in a bigger volume...we were told it was more expesnive in the rest of the world because it had to be imported, and few people used it...so not many consumers to defray the costs...or so it was...

franklly, we have shitty mass transit here...so stuck with it...I am moving closer to work, and will slao try alternate methods to get there, need to flip GW and the oil whores the middle one all we can!

chuckwoww said:

Actually people were always happy to blame the Saudi oil shieks. The real culprits are the oil companies and futures traders. Of course government taxes don't help much either.

Phew! I thought you were going to blame all us Engineers who Suckle from the Nipple of Mother Oil :tophat:

OIl prices were never LOW in the USA, taxes wewre low

a barrel of oil is a worldwide price , refining it it pretty much the same everywhere,

The reason for the high cost of fuel in Europe is GOVERNMENT TAXES !

Out of our now $3 a gallon gas , 60 cents or so is tax

in Europe out of the $6 gas over $3 is tax

European government have used the taxes on gas to pay for public transportation and lots of other things but roads works,

One day I was in Germany and the price of gas went up 25 pennings a liter , or about 1 mark a gallon , which was 60 cents then .

If anyUSA goverenment tried to raise gas tax 60 cents a gallon overnight they would be gone ....

The Germans did it to pay for DDR -East Germany expenses , but of course the next week the Dutch , Belgie etc matched the price rise, more "free" money for government !

OC

where cheap gas at Euclid and Trask was $2.92 a gallon yesterday

Mekong said:[/i][/b]

Phew! I thought you were going to balme all us Engineers who Suckle from the Nipple of Mother Oil :tophat:

Not me. I made money in the oil business. These days I just watch. But I think what's happening now can mostly be blamed on commodities speculators....the world is fearful and they know how to exploit it.

Out of the $3/gal price here for regular, 15.7% is Federel tax, 16% is state tax, and 8.75% (in my county) is sales tax...or so it says at the pump...no idea if all calculated off a set price, or one is added, and the next and the next...but figure it is over 30% in taxes...

Archived