Kiwi Murdered in Pattaya - Disturbing Story

this is so disturbing and illustrates the dangers of BG "girlfriends", that it really should be widely disseminated as possible.

More importantly everyone should take a look at the innocent little girl who thought it a good idea to murder her boyfriend rather than return the baht. man she has that thai look that i like. She is 30 but looks like a teen.

Note: I stole that link from Pom Michael in the news forum.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe it was the 500,000 baht angle that the MiB thought could be distributed in a just manner.

The 500,000 baht was in her name and in her bank account and had been for some time, so, unless there was a leagally enforcable lien drawn up on that money when it was deposited in her account (which I very much doubt) the chances of his family getting control of it are slightly less than zero, all she need say it was a gift for services rendered. It should serve as a lesson for anyone contemplating similar action, if you can't afford to lose it, think again. I think it particulary disturbing that the guys own money was almost certainly used, to have him murdered.

Story and Pics

OK....bodybuilders please do not slam me....

But,,,,many of them are on steroids , and can have mood swings and violent streaks , I know nothing about this Kiwi and steroid use,

but maybe Stickman can shed some light on this from his sources,

If he was violent against the lady it would be real easy to get a Thai to do him in ,

One thing I see in Thailand is that they stick together when it comes to doing something if they believe a farang did them wrong,

Sad case anyway you look at it

OC

One is the police wants so bad NOT to have other thai people guilty of crimes against foreigners they they will cover up, encourage or actual let guilty parties hide their evidence. This goes way beyond incompetence but would be found guilty themselves of corruption, aiding a criminal whatever the legal jargon is...They actual would face termination, maybe jail time and be off the force in america with a black professional mark forever...
Unfortunately there is more than a grain of salt to this. In BK Magazine this week or Lifestyle Guru (I don?t name these publications), there is a story about how to maintain your cool in this, the hottest time of the year, if something goes wrong. They interviewed a number of people about a number of stressful situations, including a Thai policeman about how he handles car accidents. He reminds the drivers that they are Thai, and because they are Thai they should stick together and not fight with each other. I guess if there was a Farang driver involved they should stick together against that Farang.

I spoke to a ?good? Thai girl I know this morning about the story over breakfast (she didn?t spend the night ? we met at Au Bon Pain). Her first question: is this being published in foreign newspapers?

My answer: almost certainly in New Zealand.

Her response: ?Why are they doing that? It will make Thailand look bad.?

What bothered me most was her initial, spontaneous reaction to the news ? which probably better reflects her real thinking than anything she said after that outburst. Her main concern was Thailand?s image. It doesn?t matter whether it is true, no concern expressed for the victim and no concern about how law enforcement is handling this.

After gaining her composure, she said it was unlikely that it actually happened this way ?because Thai people aren?t like that.? Those were her exact words. She heard ? and I?ve heard the same story from other Thais ? that this was actually the result of a dispute between two foreigners. This appears to be the version circulating among Thais who are familiar with the incident. And although I have heard this story about the murder resulting from a business dispute between two foreigners, no one is able provide any details about this dispute when I ask for them.

Murders are common in business disputes here. I am no expert on New Zealand, but I suspect they are much less common means of resolving business disputes there.

As far as she was concerned, the problem was the reports in foreign newspapers about the murder but not the murder itself. You see this all the time here.

This is why I believe it so important to raise the profile to an international level when these sorts of things happen here. It is probably the best check we have against the rampant corruption and nationalistic bias of the authorities. Arguments based on justice and fairness seem to get nowhwere.

But when an international spotlight highlights obvious inconsistencies and implausible stories, you might actually see the authorities start to do the right thing.

In view of the fact that the girl has his 500,000 baht and also happened to hire her secret boyfriend to kill her boyfriend Steve, I would say her story about him beating her (or any other story she comes up with) has limited credibility. To put it nicely.

From two people who knew Steve well, there is in their minds, not a chance in the world that he would have ever been violent towards a woman. NOT A CHANCE!
But there will almost certainly be a version of the incident - not based on fact, but purely on spin - where the Farang somehow had it coming or this was a dispute where between Farangs. Such a version is already spinning through the Thai community and press. We sometimes see that here ("Well, I don't know what actually happened, but he must have had it...")

Unfortunately, the Western press - wrongly assuming the Thai press has similiar standards to their own - will sometimes pick up on that version. If anyone is curious about how the Thai press operates, I suggest picking up a copy of Duncan McCargo's "Politics and The Press in Thailand - Media Machinations." Professor McCargo has considerable credibility, and his book is a real eye opener.

This is an area where I do think the ex-pat community can make a difference. Highlight the inconsistences, bring the matter to the attention of the international press, remind them of past Thai police follies (an editor in Hamiliton, Aukland or Christchurch is probably going to know much less about the local history than an ex-pat that has lived here for awhile or even someone who regularly reads this board), read McCargo's book and provide the details. It really is one of the few checks we have.

Archived