Pissing On The War Memorial

McBif

McBif said:

But perhaps most of all they're hedonists, or want to believe they are. I think any observant person over forty has noticed the strained, almost desperate hilarity groups and especially crowds of young people exhibit these days. I don't think this is old fogie stuff I'm talking here: It simply wasn't as common twenty or thirty years ago, not by a long shot.

I don't know about the pissers being passive environmentalists but I agree with the rest of it. There's an anger in some young people these days that I don't understand. Not sure what it is....a need to be cool, tough, indifferent...smiling is seen as weakness. Makes me wonder what sort of kids they will be producing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah,Spitfire Ale.....good stuff.......... :applause:

look forward to buying a bottle or 7........ :beer:

i have in my possession a length of cord tied in the shape of a noose.

it was given to me by my Grandmother who lived in the Garden of England during the Battle Of Britain.

she always told me that it cord from a German's parachute who was captured when he was shot down.

he was captured by local farmers with pitchforks,scythes and suchlike.

my Grandfather took some of the cord as a souvenir.

and very close to my present home is a wood in which there are 3 gravestones.

2 Allied and 1 German planes crashed nearby during the War and all their deaths are remembered by the gravestones.

OH, Cavanami is dead right about free healthcare for everyone including poor illegal immigrants in the hospitals of the United States. People who can't pay go to the Emergency Room for everything from a cold to hepatitis and believe they are entitled to treatment by physically being in the United States :doah:

I have no opinion on it really, as I don't think the US government could organize any sort of healthcare plan effectively, or enforce it. Programs like that are always bloated and not terribly effective :dunno:

My two cents on the urinating canucks is whatever... couple of dumb kids doing stupid shit and probably drunk as well. Give them a slap on the wrist, as they are far from arch criminals. It is a health and decency issue more than say flag burning that is certain. Can't legalize wall pissing as a form of dissent.

Best,

theNumbers

My Grandfather served in the Merchant Navy during the 2nd world war and was torpedoed 3 times in the North Atlantic. Twice the ship went down, however both times he survived. Anyway the crew where mostly scousers, not that that has anything to do with what I am about to tell you now :o

Apparently whenever his ship was torpedoed and they had to abandon it, many of the crew grabbed anything they could stuff into their coats as souvenirs. My Grandfather robbed the ships clock and I have inherited it. It makes me laugh to think of him stranded in a lifeboat in the North Atlantic with the ships clock stuffed in his coat.

Cue Munchmaster: what happened, couldn't he find any hub-caps?

They would be mad to change the name of that street. It attracts thousands of tourists and my guess is that if they did change the name, they would have to add "formerly Penny Lane" underneath the signs so the tourists could find it, so what's the point.

Seems a bit steep to me considering a drunk driver in Dubai got 4 months for running over and killing someone.

uh uh... world is twisted... imagine that in France rather than burn on a public square the responsibles of the 5th week paid holiday.. they got reelected.. and came up with the 35 hours working week... when are the soldiers going to settle the issue?? We'll build them a comfy memorial with jacuzzi and young burmese girls...

Kojis, labour conscious

Archived