06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

i believe that Rosicky will support the midfield in the center, maybe a link between midfield and strikers.

I haven't seen one good game of Fabregas, for me he is just another overrated player! Maybe i have seen the wrong games, i saw at least 20!

Buying Ronaldo is maybe good for selling t-shirts, I am sure the girls like his mug. he is a pretty guy with a huge talent, when he stops acting like a Diva and focus more on football he will be a good one someday, right now he is just an annoying little bitch!

Actually the world cup has shown that there are no real stars anymore. Only names, the media hypes everyone who can walk straight. Guys like Ronaldo, Fabregas, Pires, Rosicky, Lampard, Ballack etc are okay players but don't have the class of a Figo or Zidane in their best times! Noone is really standing out anymore!

Maybe Hleb, but he is one of those guys nobody is talking about even when he was the best player imo in the CL season!

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabregas already supports the strikers in the middle. We lost Pires and he is the replacement. I'm sure he can play in the middle but Wenger has already designated that position for Cesc and is building a team around him and Henry.

i know the deadline for Countries to name their representatives is Tuesday.

but anyone know the deadline for when each Team has to name it's Squad?.

with the transfer merry-go-round at the moment i would imagine many of the Players from AC and Juve would want to sign for Teams in this Years CL,that's if their appeals are successful.

and the same with Players like RVN,it seems only RM and BM are after him and are both in the CL.

but this is where the transfer negotiations get interesting.

if RM or BM wanr RVN and time is running out to sign him then they will have to pay the money MU want for him just to get him registered in time.

they might not want him if he cannot play in the CL.

just like a few Years ago when MU paid way way over the odds for Rio it has again become a sellers market for certain Teams.

Hey limbo, what do you think about this:

AMSTERDAM, July 25 (Reuters) - Dutch soccer clubs are launching temping agencies to cash-in on the country's staffing sector boom, hoping loyal corporate sponsors will favour them over more established operators to fill their recruitment needs.

Top league club Vitesse Arnhem has joined several lower-league teams in starting a temping agency joint venture with Nedflex NV, which will channel some of the profits from leasing out workers on Nedflex's books back to the club.

The new temping agency, called FC Arnhem, is due to start in September.

"FC Arnhem is a traditional temping agency, which will offer flexible workers in all sectors," said Nedflex spokesman Onno van Commenee on Tuesday. The firm came up with the idea of joint partnerships with clubs last year.

"Everyone is a winner. We can use the football club's diverse networks, while the clubs generate extra money."

Vitesse Arnhem spokeswoman Ester Bal said in a statement the club warmed to the idea of the joint venture as the temping agency would allow some fans to enjoy the feeling of working for their club.

Uefa had extended its own deadline for national associations to submit the teams which will play European football this season - to allow Italy to sort out this saga.

Now Italy's representatives in the Champions League will be Inter Milan, Roma, Chievo and AC Milan. The Uefa Cup teams will be Palermo, Livorno and Parma.

The big losers from the appeal decisions are Lecce and Treviso.

The bottom two clubs in Serie A last season, they were reinstated to Serie A along with 18th-placed Messina after the original verdict.

But now Fiorentina and Lazio are back in Serie A, Lecce and Treviso will be relegated after all. Messina stay up, taking Juventus' place in the top-flight, although they will now fear the Turin club's next appeal.

so Milan manage to weedle their way back into the CL.

being a member of G14 certainly helps....... :banghead:

and Uefa extended the deadline for Countries to enter their Teams in the Compie to allow for the appeals.........SO BAD.

if it was Teams from Slovenia,Slovakia,Serbia or Austria then NO WAY would they have been allowed back into the Compie.

now i wonder if Milan will be seeded despite having to qualify.

after all other Teams have had to in the past....

smells very rotten to me..........

I hope they are seeded and so should you. If they are not there will be a good possibility that one of us will get them in our group in the first round. But then it may be worth the risk in the hope that Chelsea end up in a group with Barca and AC Milan, that would really piss Maureen off. :cool:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/5053148.stm

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=405848&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=4161&title=Liverpool+land+Pennant

i love this time of Year,so many things said and then it all goes the opposite way.

i just don't understand why Pennant is letting his career go downhill......... :confused:

Arse to Brum was a good move (only losers want to go to the Arse) but Brum to Liverpool is a backward step.

going from an up and coming Team to a bunch of losers is puzzling......... :doah:

Celtic and Rangers.......

there has been talk of them joining the PL.......WHAT A JOKE.

MU played the game with a Squad mainly of Teenagers and only 3-4 of the starting/finishing Team will play more than 15 Games this Season.

MU were so inexperienced but Celtic were rubbish.

i know they might not have had their best Team on the Field but they had no spirit.

if MU can trash trash them with Players who will be be playing at lower League Teams then then i think they should forget about facing up to the big boys.

Archived