06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

'brand names'.

might be good at being a name but still not good enough for the EPL.

i'm not talking about how good they are in their marketing appeal,but how good they are at Football.

yes they are more successful than MU in winning their League recently but it's quite misleading in a way.

MU,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea could win the Scottish PL with their Reserve Team Year in Year out.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're still missing the point Sayjann.

Due to their marketing and strong support base, once they're allowed into the EPL, they will be a strong force to be reckoned with, within a few years.

They can't get the big names right now because they have to play in a 'weaker' league.

Every ManU fan so thick or only when they're infested by Pompey molecules :beer:

I don't know Celtic or Rangers budgets but as I noted before, clubs in the EPL get 20 mil just to stay up as part of the revenue from the tv contracts. I can see Celtic especially becoming not only extremely competitive with the money but also become one of the more widely supported clubs across england, like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Yoo. Rangers as well, but my own informal polling is most englishmen I've met support Celtic. They may not be but it seems that way.

Ryan Smith at Arsenal was sold to Derby. I really liked him. He is a great left winger and I think if he were given the minutes with any PL side, he'd be better than Downing. Yes, its a bold statmement but the times I've seen him, he's been class. One has to wonder why Wenger let him go, but I think its a mistake.

I don't know Celtic or Rangers budgets but as I noted before, clubs in the EPL get 20 mil just to stay up as part of the revenue from the tv contracts. I can see Celtic especially becoming not only extremely competitive with the money but also become one of the more widely supported clubs across england, like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Yoo. Rangers as well, but my own informal polling is most englishmen I've met support Celtic. They may not be but it seems that way.

Ryan Smith at Arsenal was sold to Derby. I really liked him. He is a great left winger and I think if he were given the minutes with any PL side, he'd be better than Downing. Yes, its a bold statmement but the times I've seen him, he's been class. One has to wonder why Wenger let him go, but I think its a mistake.

I think possibly Rosicky could get some of the goals that Pires provided? Maybe Adebayor couls chip in with 10/12 goals, and if Ljungberg gets injury free, he will score. We need a central defender, for back up, and a player that can break up the play in mid field, like Gilberto, but only abit more creative flare as well. This would leave a nice balance. I don't know what Wengers first 11 will be next season. I think Hleb may come good. It can take players a year to settle in. Reyes I think hasn't the heart. Fabregas is excellent. Maturity and comfort on the ball like no one other player so young.

Junglesoup, Limbo, Chocolat Steve, you should give up arguing with Sayjaan about Celtic and Rangers being good enough to play in the EPL. I'm sure Sayjaan is a nice guy but he's one of these people who sticks to one opinion and won't listen to any argument that differs from his own point of view, just as he will never a bad word said against Man U or it's players no matter how justified the critcism is.

Celtic and Ranger are massive clubs, Celtic pull 75,000 supporters to every home game and if they had a 100,000 seater stadium they would fill it.

If either club moved to the EPL they would struggle at first but with the massive increase in income they would be able to considerably strengthen their squads and would very soon be competing at the top.

If Man U moved to the SPL with their current squad they would probably win it, but with the subsequent reduction in income they wouldn't be able to keep their star players and wouldn't be able to afford big transfer fees and would very quickly find themselves competing with Celtic and Rangers every year for the title and certainly not always winning it.

Why Sayjaan can't see how a club like Celtic with probably the biggest fan base in Britain wouldn't succeed if they had considerably more income is quite frankly beyond me, but the word blinkered does come to mind. :confused:

Apart from that, I think it would be really good for the PL also, and British football. I ve never been to an OLD Firm game, but there is suppose to be no other game with such an electric atmosphere, and passion.

Well said also MM. I don't actaully support Rangers or Celtic,but for their fans it must be frustrating not getting the chance to compete. Maybe in the future it will happen.

Cheers

Chris.

555 Mr.Munchie.

Celtic sell out 75,000......555

this from their website.

Celtic

Founded: 1888

Ground: Celtic Park

Capacity: 60832

a Fan base is a good thing and Junglesoup provided a link which said MU were the richest Club in the World.

not sure about that,i thought Real had overtaken them.

but having a good Fan base is not everything.

if Celtic/Rangers were allowed into the PL i still see them as mid table Teams.......nothing more.

a bit like Wigan or Arsenal.

you have not been around on this Forum for long so have probably not seen what i say about MU.

in the last 5 Years i have been one of the 1st to critisize the Players and Manager.

i have never held back when i think that MU have been bad.

i will always say bad things about my Team when they deserve it,unlike others who can never see anything wrong about their Team.

you ought to go into the archives and see what i have said about them and Fergie in the past.

some of it not very complimentary.

'I'm sure Sayjaan is a nice guy'

yes i am........... :yay:

'and if they had a 100,000 seater stadium they would fill it'

so would Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea and MU.

MU now have a ground bigger than the Millenuim Stadium.

i work with someone who was on the waiting list for a Season Ticket at MU for 13 Years.

she has finally got one for her Son and he is delighted after so many Years of waiting.

Archived