06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

cost for the most expensive is just over £2000 per Season for 19 Games.

so £2000 / 16 / 19 is only around £6.50 per person a Game.

not that profitable in my opinion.

I can't believe that' date=' are you sure it's not 2,000 per game? that would appear to be more in line with corporate boxes at other grounds.

Then again maybe the chap who came up with that number was the one who calculated that Carrick was worth 18.6 million squid, obviously deranged. :shocked:

[/quote']

That is alot for Carrick. Spurs did nt want to sell him, but I am sure now they are looking at as if they got the better deal than Man Utd. Good business. They bought him for btw 3-5 million i think. Not bad profit for a couple of years.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={5DCF338A-336B-40DC-9C25-7A3EADF2C417}&section=sportsBars

i must apologise......... :o

this is where i first got my info from,a lot different from how i described.

this is the most expensive package.,but it is VERY exclusive and not for the ordinary Fan.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={5DCF338A-336B-40DC-9C25-7A3EADF2C417}&section=superSuite

I think Rosicky will be alright. We've had a number of players who were 'problem' players at other clubs and have settled in with us. van Persie and Hleb come to mind. I think they were big fishes in small ponds to a certain extent. Feyenoord and Stuttgart are good clubs, even fairly big clubs but I think as soon after one training session when you're playing alongside or against Henry, Toure` (Pires, Bergkamp & Campbell before they left), and other world class stars you get a feeling that you have to step up your game and that first team footie may not even be a given. It puts it all in perspective. Hleb has said things in Germany but has been a model pro for the most part. van Persie argued with his former boss but he respects and listens to Wenger.

deja vu........... :banghead:

H/T in the MU/Porto Game and MU earn a 2-0 lead with Scholes and Rooney netting........ :up:

then Rooney sees red against Portugese opponents for the 2nd time in 34 Days...... :doah:

i have no objection to a free-kick and a yellow but a red was unfortunate.

yes he did catch his opponent with his arm but he was jumping and used his arms to gain height as all Players do.

but at no stage did he look at his opponent,his eyes were always focused on the ball.

i thought that the nancy boy Portugese Player had been shot as he crumpled to the ground.

bring back the era of Defenders who could give and take a bit of physical action.

funny thing is that a Minute earlier a Porto Player had done the same thing to a MU Player and just a free-kick given,not even a yellow card.

the Media covering the Game seemed to be outraged and just thought that the Ref was determined to make his name by sending off Rooney.

but it brings up a stupid problem.

this is a Friendly Game and any card is not recognised and Rooney can play in the remaining Games over the Weekend.

but if the Ref wants to be vindictive then it could mean that Rooney misses 3 Games in the PL...... :cussing:

why the fuck should any misdemenor in a Friendly affect the Players National League?.

exquisite Goal from Rooney though........ :chili:

and things get worse........... :(

Scholes gets sent off........MU down to 9 Men.

both scorers off and could be more problems for MU in the PL....... :cussing:

and i have just seen a Porto Player foul the MU goalie for the 3rd time with using his arm to make contact with the goalies face and no cards.......... :onfire:

the Ref is a joke.........but i do agree that Scholes should have gone for a 2nd yellow,but i gather it was a straight red.......

MU down to 9 Men and Ole scores..... :elephant: ....3-0.

oh fuck,Porto get a Goal back.......... :shocked:

2006/07 Season and England lead Portugal 1-0.......... :grinyes:

9 Men and we still beat the best in Portugal.......... :yay:

and i liked seeing the Girls in Ajax shirts celebrating every MU Goal......... :applause:

Zaad.

i have a real issue about suspensions.

Friendlies in my mind should not count. and i also think that other cards should not count in PL Compies.

i remember in 99 when Denis Irwin was sent off in a PL game but was banned from the FA Cup Final.

to me any cards shown in any Compie should only apply to that particular Compie.

why should a Player booked in the PL League be banned from the FA Cup?............. :dunno:

Archived