06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

One proposition was to have just Celtic and Rangers and leave the SPL to the rest. If that was to occur I can see the 2nd biggest derby, the Edinburgh one 'tween Hibs and Hearts replacing the old firm derby and both as the top club. Maybe Aberdeen can make a revival, who knows.

Maybe the best thing is to do away with the SPL and have the clubs be amongst the 4 divisions of the FA? I would asssume the scots would not go for it, but it would mean more money I would think? Cardiff City does okay and they are in Wales. I'm a Rangers fan but

Anyways, Real Madrid will be very competitive this season. I still hope they win nothing. I hate everything they stand for. Barca have strengthened as well so it will be ineresting.

For me, if I am honest I will say Chelsea should win it again, Liverpool 2nd place and between man poo and Arsenal fight for third.

I really don't see us fighting for 4th again. we lost 11 matches. If we cut that to 6 and that shouldn't be too hard, we're at 80 points. I can't see sperz, bolton or the toon or whomever getting 80 points.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly think last season was a transition season. IT reminds me of the first season Wenger took over. Arsenal finished third even after Wenger only came in October. The mans a genuis when it comes to preserving the status quo while at the same time making changes. Most teams that go through transitions end up down the table. Arsenal ended up in the CL final and qualifing for the CL again. This season could be a good season for the Arse. All it needs is for a couple of last seasons under performers to click. Ljundberg and Hleb are the 2 I really think can make a difference. Add to that Rosicky and the unpredictable Adebayor and Arsenal could be a challenger. Chelsea will be very very hard to stop all the same. When u win the league and then you add Shevchenko and ballack to the team, its not going to do any harm.

555 Mr.Munchie.

Celtic sell out 75,000......555

this from their website.

Celtic

Founded: 1888

Ground: Celtic Park

Capacity: 60832

You are of course correct, not sure why i thought it was 75,000. :confused:

Good to see Celtic get off to a good start to the season with a 4 v 1 win over Kilmarnock. :applause:

555 Mr.Munchie.

Celtic sell out 75' date='000......555

this from their website.

Celtic

Founded: 1888

Ground: Celtic Park

Capacity: 60832

...... [/quote']

You are of course correct, not sure why i thought it was 75,000. :confused:

Good to see Celtic get off to a good start to the season with a 4 v 1 win over Kilmarnock. :applause:

And the Attendance was only 54,620, far short of 60,832 capacity.

it does seem strange that the mighty Celtic (as Champions) cannot fill their their Ground against a superpower like Killie.

do the Scots really think that they would fill the Ground if playing in the PL against Teams like Watford or Sheff Utd?.

their 'massive' Fanbase would be put to task to do that.

Arsenal have a new Ground this Season and i doubt wether there will be many Games short of capacity.

and i will make a prediction.........

MU now have the largest capacity in the UK and i will say that they won't have an attendance of less than 73,000 for any PL.FA OR CL Game this Season.

Season tickets at Ashburton Grove are sold out for the first few years. The price has to be amongst the highest in England if not the highest. London being the most expensive city in the country could account for some of it, but I'd be lying if the prices don't have something to do with repaying the debt. That said, we've always sold out Highbury over the last several years and the newness of AG will fill seats. If there are empty seats this season its already paid for and the person just didn't show up. There is a waiting list...a long one so for the forseeable future we're sorted.

I read reports sperz are going for Senna from Villareal. He's a quality DM. I've seen him play a few times. Also Martins from Inter. He's a good player as well. I wonder where sperz is getting all this money? On one of the arsenal forums I go to someone said they got a 75 mil loan and was planning on using to build a training facility but never got around to doing that. They spent it on players. Not sure if that's accurate but that's the rumor.

Seems Kenyon is playing his games at Chelsea. Rumor is going after Kuyt. Liverpool were strongly linked to him for the past couple weeks and all of a sudden Chelsea are supposedly interested in him as well. Part of the tactic of buying your rivals targets. Robben was just about to sign for Man Yoo when he was nicked. Chelsea made a late minute bid for Reyes when we bought him. Ballack is widely believed to be a man yoo target before Chelsea came calling with rubles in hand.

Its their title to lose. I just hope us or Liverpool make it close. I would still rather Chelsea win than man poo. We'd never hear the end of it. I did cheer for man yoo to beat them in the league but that would only benefit us.

i thought that was the purpose of the new super arenas, tickets are usually sold out for an entire season as soon the the tickets are available!

This way you get the money for an entire season upfront and you wil be able to spend it into the team already!

Building these arenas is usually covered by sponsors and the banks, long term payment plans which you wouldn't get to buy a new super expensive player!

I read an article about that once but I don't remember everything!

The Emirates Arena looks frecking great! I'd like to see a CL game there.

i'm not quite sure about that,i'm don't know how other Teams work but not the case at Man Utd.

even though the ground holds over 75,000 there are only around 45,000 Season tickets holders.

these are sold out quickly each Season but normally to People renewing or handed down among Families or Friends,but guaranteed income each Summer.

the remaining seats are sold on general sale for each game and to People on a lottery basis.

many are to corporate types (private boxes e.g.)and to People visiting from all over the World.

that is why there are the jokes about no supporters coming from Manchester,despite the fact that 96% of Season ticket holders live within the Manchester Postcode.

the other 30,000 People in the Ground could be from anywhere.

i can buy Tickets to any MU Home game this Season but they are on a basis of importance.

if i want to see Everton i will pay £70+ for a Ticket but a big Game like Arsenal,Liverpool or Chelsea would cost me £110+.

whereas People with Season Tickets are paying around £20 a Game (cheapest seats).

the 2 new Quadrants about to open at OT are aimed at the Corporate People and do not generate that much income.

each box/section is for a maximum of 16 People and includes free drinks and food with waiter service for around 6 Hours.

cost for the most expensive is just over £2000 per Season for 19 Games.

so £2000 / 16 / 19 is only around £6.50 per person a Game.

not that profitable in my opinion.

like i say i'm not sure how other Teams operate.

cost for the most expensive is just over £2000 per Season for 19 Games.

so £2000 / 16 / 19 is only around £6.50 per person a Game.

not that profitable in my opinion.

I can't believe that, are you sure it's not 2,000 per game? that would appear to be more in line with corporate boxes at other grounds.

Then again maybe the chap who came up with that number was the one who calculated that Carrick was worth 18.6 million squid, obviously deranged. :shocked:

Archived