06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/5053148.stm

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=405848&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=4161&title=Liverpool+land+Pennant

i love this time of Year,so many things said and then it all goes the opposite way.

i just don't understand why Pennant is letting his career go downhill......... :confused:

Arse to Brum was a good move (only losers want to go to the Arse) but Brum to Liverpool is a backward step.

going from an up and coming Team to a bunch of losers is puzzling......... :doah:

Celtic and Rangers.......

there has been talk of them joining the PL.......WHAT A JOKE.

MU played the game with a Squad mainly of Teenagers and only 3-4 of the starting/finishing Team will play more than 15 Games this Season.

MU were so inexperienced but Celtic were rubbish.

i know they might not have had their best Team on the Field but they had no spirit.

if MU can trash trash them with Players who will be be playing at lower League Teams then then i think they should forget about facing up to the big boys.

Sayjan,

The thing about Celtic and Rangers joining the PL is not so much about their current teams. Its more about those teams as clubs. They are 2 giants, sleeping giants at the minute. Not many teams in the UK can fill 60,000 seats every week. I lived in Glasgow for a while, and the support is unbelievable. In the PL these 2 big clubs with all thier support would then be able to attract the bigger players. They play in a shit league where they can't attract the big players.

They also have some of the best stadiums in the country.

they would still get trashed most Weeks.......both Teams are shite.

i see that Sam Allardyce is getting back at the England selectors.

he is a guest at the Old Trafford Test and in a private box.

it seems the sun was shining on the glass and causing the batsman a problem with the reflection.

i saw the England Captain Strauss motioning to either open the doors or close them.

fucked him up as Strauss was out next ball.......

but Sam looked comfortable chatting to Peter Reid with a beer in his hand.

they would still get trashed most Weeks.......both Teams are shite.

:) Thats pretty categoric sayjann. All the same I have to say it doen t hold true. Man Utd, were in the second division not that long ago, Newcastle came up through the divisions. My point is these are big big clubs. Much bigger than most PL clubs. The reason their teams are no good is because the competition is so bad up there. There is certainly massive potential there.

'Man Utd, were in the second division not that long ago'

so what is 'not that long ago' in your mind?.

MU have been in the top division for the last 30 YEARS.

and quite successful since.

and Celtic are still shite,lost all but one of their Friendlies so far and were beaten by a Team of mainly Teenagers from MU.

they would be trashed by any of the top 15 Teams in the PL.

we shall see how good they are in the CL,i pray MU get them in their Group........

'Man Utd, were in the second division not that long ago'

so what is 'not that long ago' in your mind?.

MU have been in the top division for the last 30 YEARS.

and quite successful since.

and Celtic are still shite,lost all but one of their Friendlies so far and were beaten by a Team of mainly Teenagers from MU.

they would be trashed by any of the top 15 Teams in the PL.

we shall see how good they are in the CL,i pray MU get them in their Group........

Your still missing the point big man :) What I'm saying is that Celtic and Rnagers are one of the big big clubs. There are only about 5 teams in the UK that can fill stadiums of about 70,000 a week in week out. And guess what, Celtic and Rangers are 2 of them. Massive support. The point I m saying is not that they are good teams now, but the potential is there for them to be in the top clubs in Europe. The reason they aren't is because they are playing in a league with no competition

Celtic and Rangers top brand name clubs in world, by Deloitte Research.

Have alook at the link Sayjann. Rangers and CEltic are in the top 20 clubs in the world. The potential for these clubs is huge because of the support.

Now if these clubs were in the premiership, they would attract big players and would naturally improve. Only a few other clubs could attract the revenue stream these clubs could. Rangers and Celtic are powerful brand names.

To say they are shite is at this minute true. Man Utd havent won the title for 3 seasons. A team in decline maybe. Celtic have done their job and won their title. A bad team now doesn't mean they are not a big club and can't challenge in the right conditions.

The crux of this is: If Celtic or Rangers were in the PL next year-they would nt win the PL. Three seasons from now, after more players come in and playing with better competition- can you say for sure they wouldnt challenge for the PL. I mean Man UTD have challenged for a few seasons, not really. And until they won it, it had been 26 years.

I love football.

I think what has to be taken into serious consideration for Celtic and Rangers is that if they were in the PL they would have 20 mil. There is no money from the SPL to speak of. Therefore its safe to assume that they would buy better players as well. Its all suppositions but its not over the top.

Just heard man poo bought Carrick for 17 mil. With the 10 mil from obi Mikel and the 10 + mil for Ruud, they can afford it. I still think the Glazers won't spend money out of pocket. Since they arrived, Fergie hasn't spent much more than he's sold. My guess is the the Glazers have kept a tight rein on the purse strings.

RVN is a 20 + a year EPL goal scorer. The need to replace that. I'm assuming a striker will be bought (I've heard Defoe may be bought). Saha won't score 20+ goals I think. I rate him but don't think he'll score that many goals. We have the same problem replacing the 25 goals Pires and Freddie score between them. Last season their output was abysmal away from Highbury.

Archived