Media bias

Flashermac

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Victory is such a backwards notion in this conflict for either side.

Civilians are just fucked like usual after Israel completely decimated the infrastructure of Lebanon and Beirut. Ports, airports, bridges, and most everything that took them out of being in the stone age :doah:

Wasn't someone mentioning neanderthals earlier? :dunno:

Media bias or media manipulation? I just saw the New Yorker columnist who exposed Abu G crimes in Iraq on CNN. His sources within the administration have said the whole conflict was planned. A political ploy, as a matter of fact. This information to me frankly is not surprising or even that conspiratorial sounding.

His sources including ones in the White House have said the whole conflict with Lebanon and blind support of Israel's aggression had been ready to go for months on any action by Hizbollah. It has more credence too given the New Yorker actually checks sources.

Seems inside White House "folks" and old Cheneybot of the GOP realise things are screwed in Iraq, election matters are ahead, and want to distract the public. Meanwhile, the invasion is a good test run given they would still like to possibly decimate Iran before the term is up.

So, they wanted to use Israel and Lebanon for myriad reason. The resulting coverage is not "media bias", or even if it is the larger goal accomplished is media distraction.

In fact the media coverage of Iraq blipped off right away when Lebanon turned into a barn burner :cussing: It is third or fourth down on several sites news coverage including major international news radar i.e. BBC.

Another battle won? Airplan Terror Plot foiled? Sounds like the terrorism fire was burning a little low. So, here we go again scare people, and demand they give up more civil liberties for their safety..

No. The real losers are civilians in the middle east, and of course the economy of the U.S. in the long term with these costly wars.

Best,

the_numbers

I disagree Chuckwow.

The biggest losers will be the Lebanese, the second biggest losers will be the US tax-payers.

The US administration has achieved its goal; removing a major strategic deterrant to an attack on Iran.

If Hezbollah had waited until an attack on Iran to launch it's missiles, freely and without being under attack from Israel, hundreds of Israelis.. and they believed even thousands of Israelis, may have died.

Now they have one less possibility to worry about.

I disagree Chuckwow.

The biggest losers will be the Lebanese, the second biggest losers will be the US tax-payers.

The US administration has achieved its goal; removing a major strategic deterrant to an attack on Iran.

If Hezbollah had waited until an attack on Iran to launch it's missiles, freely and without being under attack from Israel, hundreds of Israelis.. and they believed even thousands of Israelis, may have died.

Now they have one less possibility to worry about.

Maybe. I was thinking more in terms of psychological gains. The Lebanese are certainly the biggest losers economically but this is all about prestige ultimately.

Anyway I'm sure there are better minds than mine working on the next move. Obviously Iran is the big one but the Hezbullah threat hasn't gone away. They have proved they can fire rockets into Israeli cities. I suppose the hope is that the Lebanese army and UNIFIL will disarm them. That's when the real test comes. Until then the attack on Iran will be on hold.

it it still a case of " my gods better than your god" or just politicians ( and mullas) using religion to keep their followers scared and them in power.?

I am sure most citizens ( or whatever the islamic subjects call themsleves) just want to get on with their lives and not be hasselled.

Going by DNA, neither the Lebanese nor the Israelis are Arabs. The Palestinians aren't either. They belong to a Western Semitic DNA halogroup, as do the Syrians. Only Arabs in the area are the Bedouin nomads. Ironically, it is entirely possible that at least a fair number of the Palestinians are of remote Jewish ancestory, but converted to Christianity in order to remain in Roman Palestine -- and then had to become Muslims to survive under Islamic rule.

Thus it becomes a conflict between Jewish Jews and Muslim Jews ...

Oy!

Chuck <>

I assume the Israilies are Arabs too? (Actrually I do)

ND, I can't remember exactly what I meant by that. I think it was a tongue in cheek way of pointing out how people (not Arabs in particular) can spin anything into a victory. Obviously there are no outright winners or losers in this situation....nobody knows how it will all end.

I don't know about DNA Flasher but Jews and Arabs have more in common than they will admit to.

Archived