Media bias

Flashermac

I had a look at post #518170.

Looks like I said something about Hezbullah being the armed militia of a much larger political organization. Just a fact. Then Suadum said something similar about the IRA. I'll let him respond but I'm not very impressed with your example of 'effusive praise'.

I still don't find any reference to 'forcing Jews into the sea or converting Lebanese Christians' though I'm sure they want to destroy what they call the 'Zionist entity'. In other words you only have to read your own post, #521816, to see it's Zionism they have a problem with not Jews per se. A lot of Jews, well OK some Jews, have problems with Zionism too because it contravenes the Torah.

Check out this guy. He's a very devout Jew but of course nobody takes much notice of him.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck -

Remember what I said about trying to bluff when someone else is holding the high cards. Saying anything positive about Hezbollah is like saying Charles Manson is an avant-garde artist, Hitler was good for Germany because he built the motorways or Mussolini was a great leader because he got the beggars off the streets and made the trains run on time.

In the chaos of post-civil war Lebanon, Hezbollah set up some support programs for its members, financed by Syria and Iran. It took care of its own, just like the Nazis and Italian fascists did. Nothing more. But the ultimate goal of Hezbollah remains the establishment of an Islamic republic along the lines of Iran, together with the destruction of the state of Israel. The Lebanese Christians would be forced to convert or live as dhimmi - subjugated people. In an Islamic republic under Sharia law, only the People of the Book, Jews and Christians, can be dhimmi with limited rights. Idol worshippers, such as Buddhists and Hindus, have no rights at all.

Nobody pays much attention to Yisroel Weiss because he heads a small (about 1,000 members) NYC-based sect called Neturei Karta. He is about as representative of Judaism as the Branch Davidians were for Christianity. Here's what the Anti-Defamation League said about that interview you cited:

ADL Statement

Or if think the ADL is biased (it is undeniably one of the most influential Jewish organizations in the U.S.), here's an exert from an artcle in The Guardian.

"Even among Charedi, or ultra-Orthodox circles, the Neturei Karta are regarded as a wild fringe. After some of them took part in an anti-Israel rally in the United States earlier this year, an advertisement in the Orthodox press excoriated those who had joined "the enemies of our people". It is significant that the denunciation was endorsed by most of the major Charedi groupings in New York, including some with a staunchly anti-Zionist theology, such as the powerful Satmar Chasidic sect."

Link

Not to embarass you too badly, but do you know who is behind "The Truth Will Set You Free," that site you linked to? Check it out, Chuck.

If you want to read some opinions that aren't given wide play, try this one:

Arab Criticism of Hezbollah

Evel

:devil:

CW:

>>I still don't find any reference to 'forcing Jews into the sea or converting Lebanese Christians' though I'm sure they want to destroy what they call the 'Zionist entity'.<<

Not sure what you are saying here. R U saying the arabs do not want this? There are most definitely a load of arabs who want the jews out. And if actions are a good indicator of intentions, I would say the occassions over the last 60 years of several arab countries lining up their armies in preparation to attack from all sides would indicate they want to do more than merely remove the jews.

The jewish fellow in your link states we have to dismantle the jewish state because God does not want the jews to have their own state. They are to remain in the diaspora as god decreed in the Torah. Would not want to refer to him as an rational minded authority on what should happen and why :D

PS: I know you were not referring to him as an authority.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck -

Remember what I said about trying to bluff when someone else is holding the high cards. Saying anything positive about Hezbollah is like saying Charles Manson is an avant-garde artist, Hitler was good for Germany because he built the motorways or Mussolini was a great leader because he got the beggars off the streets and made the trains run on time.

In the chaos of post-civil war Lebanon, Hezbollah set up some support programs for its members, financed by Syria and Iran. It took care of its own, just like the Nazis and Italian fascists did. Nothing more. But the ultimate goal of Hezbollah remains the establishment of an Islamic republic along the lines of Iran, together with the destruction of the state of Israel. The Lebanese Christians would be forced to convert or live as dhimmi - subjugated people. In an Islamic republic under Sharia law, only the People of the Book, Jews and Christians, can be dhimmi with limited rights. Idol worshippers, such as Buddhists and Hindus, have no rights at all.

Nobody pays much attention to Yisroel Weiss because he heads a small (about 1,000 members) NYC-based sect called Neturei Karta. He is about as representative of Judaism as the Branch Davidians were for Christianity. Here's what the Anti-Defamation League said about that interview you cited:

ADL Statement

Or if think the ADL is biased (it is undeniably one of the most influential Jewish organizations in the U.S.), here's an exert from an artcle in The Guardian.

"Even among Charedi, or ultra-Orthodox circles, the Neturei Karta are regarded as a wild fringe. After some of them took part in an anti-Israel rally in the United States earlier this year, an advertisement in the Orthodox press excoriated those who had joined "the enemies of our people". It is significant that the denunciation was endorsed by most of the major Charedi groupings in New York, including some with a staunchly anti-Zionist theology, such as the powerful Satmar Chasidic sect."

Link

Not to embarass you too badly, but do you know who is behind "The Truth Will Set You Free," that site you linked to? Check it out, Chuck.

If you want to read some opinions that aren't given wide play, try this one:

Arab Criticism of Hezbollah

Evel

:devil:

My you have been busy Evel. I told you nobody listened to Rabbi Weiss. He's a flake. No skin off my nose if people want to contravene the Torah.

I guess the whole point of all this is that anybody who thinks that Hamas or Hezbullah might have a case is anti-semitic right? Israel is totally blameless? Am I close?

You'll have to show me where I linked to 'The Truth Will Set You Free'? Doesn't sound like my bag at all. Aren't they Jehovah's Witnesses? Now off you go to do a bit more research.

Archived